Michael D'Urso direct examination notes (Michael Coppola trial)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ivan
Full Patched

Re: Michael D'Urso direct examination notes (Michael Coppola trial)

Post by Ivan »

OK am I misreading this or did D'Urso get a number on his beeper that he called back and got yelled at by some guy he didn't know, and that guy turned out to be Farby Serpico, landing him in deep shit? Do I have that right?

Also who is this Mac Castellano?
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Ivan wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:15 am OK am I misreading this or did D'Urso get a number on his beeper that he called back and got yelled at by some guy he didn't know, and that guy turned out to be Farby Serpico, landing him in deep shit? Do I have that right?
Yes
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:56 am
Browniety86 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:08 pm Didnt know Vinny Unions helped kill Guzzo Sr...Answers the question that the asshat Pennisi ducked when I asked...
Vinny Unions was one of the guys who went on the hunting trip from which Guzzo Sr never returned. Pennisi has a whole video about the Guzzo’s where he talks about it

Thank you to Chin for putting this together
I didnt know that...thank you Johnny
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

chin_gigante wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:45 am
Ivan wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:15 am OK am I misreading this or did D'Urso get a number on his beeper that he called back and got yelled at by some guy he didn't know, and that guy turned out to be Farby Serpico, landing him in deep shit? Do I have that right?
Yes
Thanks Chin. That part was so weird that I was pretty certain I had it wrong lol.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:49 pm
Yes
Thanks Chin. That part was so weird that I was pretty certain I had it wrong lol.
This part literally had me laughing out loud. D’Urso gets beeped by some number he doesn’t know, calls it back, guy starts yelling at him, he doesn’t know who the fuck it is so he starts yelling back, soon they’re exchanging death threats. Oops, turns out it’s Frank Serpico and now they have to have a series of sit downs just to try and prevent D’Urso from getting whacked, leading D’Urso to flip. All because he decided to go into business with some dude named Zero.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:38 pm
Yes
This part literally had me laughing out loud. D’Urso gets beeped by some number he doesn’t know, calls it back, guy starts yelling at him, he doesn’t know who the fuck it is so he starts yelling back, soon they’re exchanging death threats. Oops, turns out it’s Frank Serpico and now they have to have a series of sit downs just to try and prevent D’Urso from getting whacked, leading D’Urso to flip. All because he decided to go into business with some dude named Zero.
That's one hell of an oopsie. But you know what? I blame Serpico and totally understand D'urso flipping after that shit. If that happened to me I too would probably be like "You know what? I'm tapping out." :lol:

My mind wouldn't be able to handle it. I'd just crack.

Borderline surreal, man. You've probably figured this out already from my posts on here, but this is my favorite part of the mob story: all the really weird, funny shit like this. There's a lot of it.

The acting boss of the Ivy League of organized crime beeping an associate. :|
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

One of the weird random things I found interesting is the first part of the document, where the FBI agent who was a part of the raid on Coppola's San Fran apartment, said they found an invoice from Z Gallerie - which is a furniture store in New Jersey. So Coppola furnished that apartment in SF by ordering from a place in NJ? lol - found that kinda funny
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Chuck Tuzzo is underrated.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Maybe I'm just forgetting here but anyone know which crew John Gagliardi was running in Brooklyn (Bay Ridge) at the time? He was charged in a stock fraud case back in 2002 along with Charles Delmonico, Dominic Dimare and Charles Tourine.
All roads lead to New York.
Blunts
Straightened out

Post by Blunts »

Yes
That really is a fucked up sequence of events. Everyone is just a big hot head some just had more power. But why the fuck would you not ask who you are talking to before throwing out death threats. :lol:
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Blunts wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:53 pm
Yes
That really is a fucked up sequence of events. Everyone is just a big hot head some just had more power. But why the fuck would you not ask who you are talking to before throwing out death threats. :lol:
Yeah just one "Who dis?" and D'Urso would be just another ordinary Genovese soldier today probably. :lol:
Blunts
Straightened out

Post by Blunts »

Ivan wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:06 pm
Blunts wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:53 pm
Yes
Yeah just one "Who dis?" and D'Urso would be just another ordinary Genovese soldier today probably. :lol:
Surprised nobody said the classic "you know who the fuck you are talking to?". Not so fucken wise guys. Also don't know why he would beat up the bookie before finding out who he worked for.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

One of the 'best' and most interesting breakdowns / testimonies in recent times posted here IMO. I think we kinda knew about a lot of this D'Urso stuff through articles, GL, etc. but there's some interesting little details in here.

Remember that full transcript of a convo between Thomas Cafaro and D'Urso taped at, I believe, the Parkside? Where did that come from? I'm wondering if there are any other convo transcripts out there that could be attained by us here...

I always thought that the Serpico yelling incident was just a plausible front reason to lodge a complaint against D'Urso, but the real reason was that people in the Genovese more important than the people that D'Urso was close to, sided with Carmine Polito. It's kind of amazing D'Urso wasn't just killed after the failed attempt on his life, and after he tried to retaliate when he was told not to.
don-shunter
Straightened out

Post by don-shunter »

Any updates on Thomas Cafaro?