Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NickleCity
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by NickleCity »

Cheech wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:06 pm
Please explain to me like im 2 what exactly did scott break? I dont subscribe to him but you do, right? Can you lay it out? Like with dates. Cause he for sure broke the story, right? It was so important you said it twice in 2 threads. That scott burnstein specifically broke the story. Should be easy to lay it out.
On 8/13 Scott wrote the story about the FBI raid near Buffalo being tied to law enforcement’s investigation into the death of the important government witness in the Gerace Bongiovanni case. Gerace’s attorney had played it off as suicide when the government brought it up in status hearing. Scott reported that the witness was not only a stripper at the club but had been Gerace’s maid. He wrote:
The witness was expected to testify that Gerace, Jr. bragged of being in the mob and having friends in local and federal law enforcement circles willing to do him favors, among other things detrimental to Gerace, Jr.’s. defense.
The story in the Buffalo News did not come out till Friday, August 18. It confirmed much of Scott’s reporting. The Buffalo News article, however, did not include what the witness was expected to testify about but did disclose the deceased’s name as Crystal Quinn.

The Buffalo News did break the news that Quinn had been arrested by the Feds for witness tampering in this case before she started to cooperate.

The Buffalo News didn’t mention Quinn being Gerace’s maid. However other police records verify Scott’s claim that Quinn was indeed Gerace’s maid. See: https://cdn.muckrock.com/outbound_reque ... dacted.pdf

Looks like she had the goods on Gerace.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Witness who died was under 'extreme pressure' to testify against strip club owner, her mom says
By Dan Herbeck

Crystal Quinn was expected to testify for the prosecution at the upcoming bribery, drug trafficking and sex trafficking trial of Peter Gerace Jr.

Her mother wants Crystal Quinn to be remembered as more than “Witness 201,” a former exotic dancer who died while waiting to testify in a high-profile trial of Peter Gerace Jr. over alleged sex trafficking and drug dealing at his strip club.

Mom said:
She only worked a very brief time as an exotic dancer.

She never would have stood by and allowed some young girl to get forced into sex trafficking.”

In my heart, I cannot believe she would commit suicide, but I know that is a possibility,” said Sharon Quinn, who works as a clerk with

“Crystal was under tremendous pressure, extreme pressure from the FBI to testify. They told her they would put her in prison if she didn’t testify against Peter.

considered Peter Gerace “one of her closest friends in the world,” and had gone on several trips with him. She said she did not think they were ever romantically involved.

“Crystal told me she was very upset with the FBI because they wanted her to say things that were not true about Peter. She told me they wanted her testimony to fit some kind of narrative they had, about Peter being involved in criminal activities and Crystal acting as some kind of madam, grooming girls for sex trafficking. To me, it’s all ludicrous.”

When mom about the dead rats, “My daughter was upset about it, but she knew Peter would not be behind something like that. He knew how fragile she was.”

Friend said
I do not believe this was a suicide,” said John P. Greece, a close family friend who lives with Sharon Quinn. “I spoke to Crystal the night before she died.

Her attorney said
I spoke to her on the phone the night before she died,” … but there was nothing she said that gave me any indication that she felt in danger for her life, or that she was suicidal.”

Quinn was “afraid, scared” in early March, when someone left dead rats on two cars outside the Depew home where she was living.

“She never indicated to me that she felt that she would be harmed by Peter Gerace,”

I never saw any indication that she felt she was under any undue pressure from the FBI.”

“At this point, I just don’t know,” D’Amico said, when asked if he believes she died from an accidental overdose, suicide or foul play.

For the whole story see: https://buffalonews.com/news/local/crim ... e42d7.html
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

NickleCity wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:33 pm
Cheech wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:06 pm
Please explain to me like im 2 what exactly did scott break? I dont subscribe to him but you do, right? Can you lay it out? Like with dates. Cause he for sure broke the story, right? It was so important you said it twice in 2 threads. That scott burnstein specifically broke the story. Should be easy to lay it out.
On 8/13 Scott wrote the story about the FBI raid near Buffalo being tied to law enforcement’s investigation into the death of the important government witness in the Gerace Bongiovanni case. Gerace’s attorney had played it off as suicide when the government brought it up in status hearing. Scott reported that the witness was not only a stripper at the club but had been Gerace’s maid. He wrote:
The witness was expected to testify that Gerace, Jr. bragged of being in the mob and having friends in local and federal law enforcement circles willing to do him favors, among other things detrimental to Gerace, Jr.’s. defense.
The story in the Buffalo News did not come out till Friday, August 18. It confirmed much of Scott’s reporting. The Buffalo News article, however, did not include what the witness was expected to testify about but did disclose the deceased’s name as Crystal Quinn.

The Buffalo News did break the news that Quinn had been arrested by the Feds for witness tampering in this case before she started to cooperate.

The Buffalo News didn’t mention Quinn being Gerace’s maid. However other police records verify Scott’s claim that Quinn was indeed Gerace’s maid. See: https://cdn.muckrock.com/outbound_reque ... dacted.pdf

Looks like she had the goods on Gerace.
so he broke it but he didnt. i get it.
Guy Fatato said on a tape-recording that Franzese's vig on a $30,000 debt was "like social security" for him. - GohnJotti
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

OcSleeper wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:25 pm Nicole O'Reilly confirms that the Joseph Iavarone arrested in Project Skyfall is Antonio Iavarone's son and is the same Joseph Iavarone mentioned in the other article who received phone calls from Tomassetti around the time of the Serrano & Musitano hits.

https://www.thespec.com/news/crime/2022 ... m_content=
The 10:00 am Ontario Court of Justice matter heard at the Hamilton courthouse yesterday (Monday) for Joseph Iavarone might have been in relation to the charges he faced in Project Skyfall, i.e., possession of a controlled substance (cocaine) for the purpose of trafficking (2 counts); possession of property obtained by crime of a value exceeding $5,000 (2 counts); possession of a prohibited weapon; conspiracy to commit an indictable offence.

Link to my Evernote item containing the full docket list of Ontario Court of Justice matters heard yesterday at the Hamilton courthouse:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s229/sh/ ... AkYWDAsHQg
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

When do we start talking mafia? Or is it any crime above Poughkeepsie.
Guy Fatato said on a tape-recording that Franzese's vig on a $30,000 debt was "like social security" for him. - GohnJotti
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

Good old Poughkeepsie
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

This is what it is now. Its not the 80s anymore. You dont need a button to be Italian OC.
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Newyorkempire wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:35 am This is what it is now. Its not the 80s anymore. You dont need a button to be Italian OC.
Didn’t you say npt long ago this is Buffalo LCN?
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

TommyGambino wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:23 am
Newyorkempire wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:35 am This is what it is now. Its not the 80s anymore. You dont need a button to be Italian OC.
Its that too. In the case of Gerace its all the above

As Marotta said. "If you want to be made, your made." The years of being a purist are over is what Ive learned. Some guys are made some guys arent. Depends on many factors.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Sigh.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

moving-goalpost.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Wiseguy on Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All roads lead to New York.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:24 pm moving-goalpost.gif
Amazing. Calling the kettle black.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Newyorkempire wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:42 am

As Marotta said. "If you want to be made, your made." The years of being a purist are over is what Ive learned. Some guys are made some guys arent. Depends on many factors.
Cant tell if youre being serious
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Cheech wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:24 pm
Newyorkempire wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:42 am

Cant tell if youre being serious
Was that a question or just a response statement to about 5 different things?
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

antimafia wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:11 pm The 10:00 am Ontario Court of Justice matter heard at the Hamilton courthouse yesterday (Monday) for Joseph Iavarone might have been in relation to the charges he faced in Project Skyfall, i.e., possession of a controlled substance (cocaine) for the purpose of trafficking (2 counts); possession of property obtained by crime of a value exceeding $5,000 (2 counts); possession of a prohibited weapon; conspiracy to commit an indictable offence.
It should've been for the Project Skyfall charges. The trial was suppose to last 8 days but it doesn't seem like there's been any coverage of it. Thought Nicole O'Reilly might and I reached out to her but never heard anything.