General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Funny clip of Bobby Dominic that was going around on other forums - 'No your not on camera' ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKB-MA-oSxw

Any of you Chicago guys know why there is an article of Louisiana-based chef John Mosca on the wall?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:37 pm Funny clip of Bobby Dominic that was going around on other forums - 'No your not on camera' ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKB-MA-oSxw

Any of you Chicago guys know why there is an article of Louisiana-based chef John Mosca on the wall?
Not sure about any specific connections to Richard's or Bobby D, but John Mosca was born and raised in Chicago Heights (born in 1925 to Provino Mosca and Lisa Angelotti, from San Benedetto del Tronto, Ascoli Piceno, Marche, which had a large colony in the Heights). His sister married a guy from NOLA and the Mosca family relocated down there after WW2.

I should add that the Moscas have long been reputed to have been connected to the mob in both NOLA and Chicago. Father Provino Mosca was identified as a bootlegger in the Heights in 1924, and I have seen accounts that he was specifically brought out to NOLA and set up with what became Mosca's Restaurant by Carlos Marcello. Some FBI reports in the 1960s do have informants stating that Provino Mosca was closely connected to Marcello. John's older brother, Nick Mosca, born in the Heights in 1922, was already in NOLA by the time of his WW2 draft card, where he was apparently staying with Mario Presta, aka "Paul Scarcelli", an important affiliate of the NOLA outfit who may have even been a member (the FBI believed that Scarcelli may have attended the Apalachin meeting, as he was reported to have traveled to Endicott, NY, in November of 1957). In the 60s, Nick Mosca was reported to have had a partnership with Marcello in some operations. Later, in the 1980s, Nick's son Provino Mosca, who was born in 1949 in Aurora, IL, was Carlos Marcello's attorney (Provino Mosca, the grandson, died in 2022).

The NOLA FBI interviewed Provino Mosca, the grandfather, in the 60s, where Mosca denied knowing Scarcelli but admitted to having known both Capone and Marcello:

We already know that Jimmy and Ralph Emery and Frank Laporte had close ties to Marcello and the NOLA mafia, so it's interesting to confirm that a family from Chicago Heights had a close relationship with Marcello and other mob figures there for decades.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

FWIW, Scott's sources are telling him that the Outfit + Outlaws alliance that was big under Sarno and Mark Polchan but fizzled when those two were jailed a decade ago is back up and running again after a long dormancy. They say that it's younger guys in the Outfit putting it together.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Ivan wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:37 am FWIW, Scott's sources are telling him that the Outfit + Outlaws alliance that was big under Sarno and Mark Polchan but fizzled when those two were jailed a decade ago is back up and running again after a long dormancy. They say that it's younger guys in the Outfit putting it together.
The two dozen younger guys made in recent years have teamed up with the Outlaws, are taking over the rest of Indiana, and will be in Kentucky by the new year.
All roads lead to New York.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Is there a full list of the possible/suspected hits after Zizzo somewhere? I mean like the things Tony is referring to in this quote. There's been like a half-dozen of these, right?
PolackTony wrote:Look at recent Chicago incidents like Bobby English Jr or the black dude that Chuckie Russell apparently turned into swiss cheese on the Westside.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:47 pm Is there a full list of the possible/suspected hits after Zizzo somewhere? I mean like the things Tony is referring to in this quote. There's been like a half-dozen of these, right?
PolackTony wrote:Look at recent Chicago incidents like Bobby English Jr or the black dude that Chuckie Russell apparently turned into swiss cheese on the Westside.
We’ve had some discussions on some of these murders before (these are suspected or possibly mob-related, and thus worth discussing or thinking about, so I don’t want anyone trying to spazz out and say that I’m claiming as fact that any of these were actually ordered by the outfit).

viewtopic.php?p=180325#p180325
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:02 pm
Ivan wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:47 pm Is there a full list of the possible/suspected hits after Zizzo somewhere? I mean like the things Tony is referring to in this quote. There's been like a half-dozen of these, right?
We’ve had some discussions on some of these murders before (these are suspected or possibly mob-related, and thus worth discussing or thinking about, so I don’t want anyone trying to spazz out and say that I’m claiming as fact that any of these were actually ordered by the outfit).

viewtopic.php?p=180325#p180325
lol good luck.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:02 pm We’ve had some discussions on some of these murders before (these are suspected or possibly mob-related, and thus worth discussing or thinking about, so I don’t want anyone trying to spazz out and say that I’m claiming as fact that any of these were actually ordered by the outfit).
Really appreciate this Tony! Spazzouts are gonna happen though no matter how many disclaimers you add, they can't help it. :lol:

These hits remind me of all the hits that have happened in New York since the Meldish hit. Instead of directly mob related, they're "one degree of separation" mob related, sort of.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Weird thread on GBB hahaha: http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbth ... er=1051607

Yeah Gigi is a made guy uh huh sure dude.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:06 pm Weird thread on GBB hahaha: http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbth ... er=1051607

To be fair, it really isn’t all that weird for GBB lol.

Wouldn’t at all surprise me if it turns out that Gigi is in fact made, but not because of whatever these guys are selling tickets about, of course.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:22 pm
Ivan wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:06 pm Weird thread on GBB hahaha: http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbth ... er=1051607

Wouldn’t at all surprise me if it turns out that Gigi is in fact made, but not because of whatever these guys are selling tickets about, of course.
You think he's made guy material? I can see it for his pal Carparelli given Paulie's fanatical dedication to The Cause, but AFAIK Gigi was just a bookmaker and restaurateur and maybe a shylock. More to him than that?

Man I need to get back to Chicago some time. Is Burr Ridge heavily Italian or Oufit-influenced?
Honk
Straightened out

Post by Honk »

Gigi is also a pedo
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:00 am
PolackTony wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:22 pm

You think he's made guy material? I can see it for his pal Carparelli given Paulie's fanatical dedication to The Cause, but AFAIK Gigi was just a bookmaker and restaurateur and maybe a shylock. More to him than that?

Man I need to get back to Chicago some time. Is Burr Ridge heavily Italian or Oufit-influenced?
I don’t see why he wouldn’t be. He and his family have run a number of successful restaurants for decades and he seems to be well-plugged in (I’ve also heard previously that he has a serious reputation but I don’t know him myself and can’t vouch for those rumors personally). Remember that in the RJ Serpico extortion case, the Government claimed that when Mickey Davis wanted a beating thrown on Serpico he brought the request to Gigi, who then had his brother John Rovito take it to Carparelli, who then ordered Brown to carry it out (though of course it didn’t actually wind up happening). That the family is plugged into the Cicero network is made clear by the fact that John Rovito is married to Big Mike Spano’s daughter, Michelle. I’m of the belief that a number of younger guys with close connections to Italy are part of the outfit’s network today (Carparelli himself, allegedly the Lo Bues, Jason Nitti). Gigi was born in Calabria and I believe that his wife, Antonella Burdi, is from Bari while one of his sister-in-laws I believe is from Caserta and his BIL, Maurizio Mancuso, was also Campanian I believe (Mancuso was co-owner of the Palos Heights Capri Ristorante with his wife Daniela Rovito, and died in 2018). The Rovitos are also connected to a number of other outfit-connected families, including the Inendinos, LaMantias, Rotis, Marinos, and Bertuccis (the latter are also relatives of Paulie from his mother’s side).

Burr Ridge is a small, affluent town which has a number of Italian residents, though it’s not an “Italian town” (for example it has a Coptic Church and Zoroastrian temple). Gigi has been said to have close ties to Burr Ridge Mayor Gary Grasso, and Scott B has previously reported that Rudy Fratto is based in Burr Ridge, where he is alleged to have a “crew” of younger guys answering to him.
Honk wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:56 am Gigi is also a pedo
He was convicted in 1997 of the violent kidnapping and rape of a 14-year-old girl with a another guy, when Gigi was a minor himself (he was born in 1973 and was 17 at the time of the attack). Not that this makes him any better (Gigi and his buddy were stated to have kidnapped the victim and threatened her with a bat and then repeatedly raped her), of course, but I’m not aware that he has ever been accused or charged with any sex crimes as an adult. If it were the case that Gigi was made, he’d be far from the first member with a history of violent sexual assault as a youth.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Tony this is all great info, thank you so much.

So Paulie (I've listened to his recordings and read articles on him enough that I've decided I'm on a first-name basis with him, and the diminutive version, too) has strong ties to Italy? I was surprised to learn that he was second generation with OTB parents; he seemed more like third or fourth generation Americanized to me.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Some of it valid info. Rudy Fratto, Chris Spina, Paulie Caparelli, Gigi and some other hanger ons are almost always at Capri and the Lounge next door. They are obviously all very close. Interesting you have the Cicero crew, EP Crew and Grand Ave grew hanging together on a regular basis. I will also say some heavy union guys are there too. Spina is there even more since his place Lisa’s Club Caberet closed down.