Collection of Paul Carparelli recordings

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

funkster
Full Patched

Re: Collection of Paul Carparelli recordings

Post by funkster »

I've seen a lot of these guys post on social media, they absolutely still have a deep connection to their former gangs and will gladly post pics of themselves in their old sweaters.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:02 am Yeah, these are a lot of fun lol. “My problem is I hate everybody” may be the best single Paulie Cap line, but there’s still some good ones here. “He pulled a Timmy”, “gave him footwork” etc.
By the way while this thread is still at thing, WTF does "pulled a Timmy" mean? Produced a firearm?

And is this story even real? Brown was (obviously) cooperating at this point but he might have been talking about something that was done before he flipped.

Paulie plaintively moaning to Brown about Brown not doing things he's supposed to while not knowing that Brown was cooperating and therefore basically couldn't do the things Paulie wanted done is, I dunno, poignant or something.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Ivan wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:40 pm
PolackTony wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:02 am Yeah, these are a lot of fun lol. “My problem is I hate everybody” may be the best single Paulie Cap line, but there’s still some good ones here. “He pulled a Timmy”, “gave him footwork” etc.
By the way while this thread is still at thing, WTF does "pulled a Timmy" mean? Produced a firearm?

And is this story even real? Brown was (obviously) cooperating at this point but he might have been talking about something that was done before he flipped.

Paulie plaintively moaning to Brown about Brown not doing things he's supposed to while not knowing that Brown was cooperating and therefore basically couldn't do the things Paulie wanted done is, I dunno, poignant or something.
Yeah I have no idea what pulled a Timmy was either. I was thinking of south park for some reason and maybe he did something really stupid (like grabbed him by the balls or something). Paulie seems to talk about everything else on the phone. That was the only thing that came to my mind why he would hold back saying what it was.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Tonyd621 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:14 pm
Ivan wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:40 pm

Yeah I have no idea what pulled a Timmy was either. I was thinking of south park for some reason and maybe he did something really stupid (like grabbed him by the balls or something). Paulie seems to talk about everything else on the phone. That was the only thing that came to my mind why he would hold back saying what it was.
Timmy the retarded kid from South Park? Hahaha. Maybe you were thinking of South Park because Carparelli kind of sounds like Cartman (same extreme crassness, but like a dark mobster version).
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Mystery solved?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Tonyd621 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:14 pm Yeah I have no idea what pulled a Timmy was either. I was thinking of south park for some reason and maybe he did something really stupid (like grabbed him by the balls or something). Paulie seems to talk about everything else on the phone. That was the only thing that came to my mind why he would hold back saying what it was.
OK old thread but I got this theory from someone elsewhere:
It's gotta be referring to some really specific incident when they beat up a guy named Timmy who reacted a certain way; I'm guessing he begged for his life or something because they're talking about what a huge intimidating guy he is outwardly.
So it's an inside joke between Brown and Paulie about some other guy they menaced in the past. Makes sense. I've done similar things with friends, like "pulled an Ivan" for some really spaced-out thing like if someone "loses" and looks for something that they're actually holding in their hand.