providence news

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

miggy9
On Record

Re: providence news

Post by miggy9 »

Still a great photo since we're on the exact topic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

So the fbi actually gave the info of who the cis in there case were. In 99. Salemme would have passed all the info onto any wiseguy in the family again in means st laurent wasn't a fbi ci. The feds disclosed all there guys to salemme. He would have told guys in providence threw a lawyer back then. St laurent was still shaking down bookies till 2007 and got the ok to kill DeLuca in 2006. Even DeLuca must have known he was wrong to have called out st laurent. It's weird I feel like I'm defending the guy. But I was always interested in who was giving up all the info in Rhode Island because I live no to far. But if you really look into it. The only guy from Rhode Island who flipped is bobby deluca
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Pmac2 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:38 pm So the fbi actually gave the info of who the cis in there case were. In 99. Salemme would have passed all the info onto any wiseguy in the family again in means st laurent wasn't a fbi ci. The feds disclosed all there guys to salemme. He would have told guys in providence threw a lawyer back then. St laurent was still shaking down bookies till 2007 and got the ok to kill DeLuca in 2006. Even DeLuca must have known he was wrong to have called out st laurent. It's weird I feel like I'm defending the guy. But I was always interested in who was giving up all the info in Rhode Island because I live no to far. But if you really look into it. The only guy from Rhode Island who flipped is bobby deluca
Thanks for your post Pmac and what do you make of this article about St. Laurent? https://www.newspapers.com/article/pres ... 129752792/
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

miggy9 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:09 am Still a great photo since we're on the exact topic
Interesting they have Gotti middle initial as F when it was J. Also Redbird was not a made guy let alone a captain. But Gotti def had friends in RI. Didn't Gotti Jr and Patriarca's grandson go to the same military school? Also I know Ouimette's crew was very friendly with John. Even guys like Jerry Tillinghast had a relationship with John. Awesome photo I've never seen this one before!
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:44 am
miggy9 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:09 am Still a great photo since we're on the exact topic
Interesting they have Gotti middle initial as F when it was J. Also Redbird was not a made guy let alone a captain. But Gotti def had friends in RI. Didn't Gotti Jr and Patriarca's grandson go to the same military school? Also I know Ouimette's crew was very friendly with John. Even guys like Jerry Tillinghast had a relationship with John. Awesome photo I've never seen this one before!
According to Tim White from WPRI in his book the Last good heist about the Bonded Vault Heist he mentions that Redbird was an informant for the Rhode Island state police as he states on p. 130 ' Walter Stone and Lionel Pete Benjamin years ago set up an Organized Crime Intelligence Unit within the state police. Immediately after the robbery, they turn up the heat on their cluster of confidential informants, and Benjamin presses one man in particular, one of the best-placed, longest lived, and most reliable rats anywhere in the Northeast—a cruel and cold-blooded, red-headed killer named Richard Gomes of North Providence, Rhode Island, aka “Red Bird.” and is that even possible that Redbird was any kind of an informant? Here is the link to the book about the robbery which involved the Ouimette's and Raymond Patriarca .https://www.amazon.com/Last-Good-Heist- ... 1493009591
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Interesting article about st laurent and reds ponti. The scarfo capo. So they had some type of joint operation. St laurent being the first person in New Jersey of state rico charges. I wonder how much time he got. He was free in 1989 according to fbi files. It's strange if he didn't do any time . Can we find out what he got for time in NJ all the way back in 83 84
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Pmac2 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:09 pm Interesting article about st laurent and reds ponti. The scarfo capo. So they had some type of joint operation. St laurent being the first person in New Jersey of state rico charges. I wonder how much time he got. He was free in 1989 according to fbi files. It's strange if he didn't do any time . Can we find out what he got for time in NJ all the way back in 83 84

Thanks Pmac and there is no follow up article which mentioned what time St. Laurent got in New Jersey as I checked. How about this article about St. Laurent from the seventies? https://www.newspapers.com/article/the- ... 129902310/
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

That really interesting. This guy st laurent really was a huge bookie. He was everywhere. Interesting character especially given his last name is French. I've heard he real dad died young and his mother remarried. I guess he was around ray Sr. And his office alot. He probably got made in 77. Think his uncle was Rudy S. Again he's been labeled as a rat alot it. And the guy did his time like 10yrs then died 2 weeks later when he was released
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Pmac2 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:18 pm That really interesting. This guy st laurent really was a huge bookie. He was everywhere. Interesting character especially given his last name is French. I've heard he real dad died young and his mother remarried. I guess he was around ray Sr. And his office alot. He probably got made in 77. Think his uncle was Rudy S. Again he's been labeled as a rat alot it. And the guy did his time like 10yrs then died 2 weeks later when he was released
Thanks PMAC and how about this article about Deluca, Flemmi, and St. Laurent? https://www.newspapers.com/article/the- ... 102141807/ and could st. Laurent have been a dry snitch to the Rhode Island state police or Flemmi lied to Deluca about the Saint?
Joeyboy1982
Straightened out

Post by Joeyboy1982 »

True Pmac. I think the Saint being a CI is a ploy to disgrace him. Also, gotti was tight with Redbird, the Frenchman and Ray Sr. He was supposedly weirded out by Frank and how we his closest guys were Irish and not Italian..think he saw the writing on the wah with him. That his own city didn't truly recognize him
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Chins been posting alot of stuff in the fbi files. DeLuca testimony at salemmes trial. Again he doesn't say anything about st laurent cooperating in it. Sounds more like Kenny gurino
miggy9
On Record

Post by miggy9 »

Redbird was close with John. Allegedly he was one of the guys in the kidnap team that picked up Favara. Yes they were in the same military school. Gerard and Jerry went to see John on numerous occasions. Funny story about Jerry, he was down in the city, and ran into a couple of Gambinos, and John found out and told Gerard. When Jerry returned back to Prov, Gerard told him if you don't go see John next time he's going to block off the whole city til you do lol The Gambino's requested Jerry to be in the city for a little while under them but he refused.
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

miggy9 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:49 am
Redbird was close with John. Allegedly he was one of the guys in the kidnap team that picked up Favara. Yes they were in the same military school. Gerard and Jerry went to see John on numerous occasions. Funny story about Jerry, he was down in the city, and ran into a couple of Gambinos, and John found out and told Gerard. When Jerry returned back to Prov, Gerard told him if you don't go see John next time he's going to block off the whole city til you do lol The Gambino's requested Jerry to be in the city for a little while under them but he refused.
Hi Miggy and thanks for the information about Redbird. It looks like Gomes was a member of the Ouimette crew according to this article https://groups.google.com/g/alt.true-cr ... 2Aas?pli=1 is that he how he knows Gotti?
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

I remember this about Ouimettes power back then;

"Ouimette was so powerful in the 1970s that maximum-security guards at the Adult Correctional Institutions delivered not only boxes of smuggled food and alcohol to his cell, but also his 5-year-old son for a sleepover and New York civil rights lawyer William Kunstler for a lavish dinner."
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Tonyd621 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:20 pm I remember this about Ouimettes power back then;

"Ouimette was so powerful in the 1970s that maximum-security guards at the Adult Correctional Institutions delivered not only boxes of smuggled food and alcohol to his cell, but also his 5-year-old son for a sleepover and New York civil rights lawyer William Kunstler for a lavish dinner."
FBI informants in the '60s painted Ouimette's stature such that he was treated as a de facto capodecina by Patriarca, while of course not being an actual member. He clearly had a lot of clout and status and ranked as one of the upper-tier associates, accorded as much respect as possible for someone who was not a made guy, that we see around different Families, like Lansky, Watts, Alex, McIntosh, Rockman, Diez, Michaels, etc.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”