The Mystery of Chicago's "Zips": Potential links to Italian OC?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: The Mystery of Chicago's "Zips": Potential links to Italian OC?

Post by Moscone65 »

Great post tony. I know of one of my connected sidernese friend has family in Schenectady that come to visit Toronto. Probably the same Albany ndrine they are talking about here
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Moscone65 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:35 pm Great post tony. I know of one of my connected sidernese friend has family in Schenectady that come to visit Toronto. Probably the same Albany ndrine they are talking about here
Yeah, Central NY, Chicago, CT, obviously NYC/LI all make sense as there was a lot of “second wave” Calabrese immigration to all these places (and FL by then had emerged as a major secondary area of settlement). The one that seems surprising at first is Detroit, as the Italian community there is very strongly Sicilian, but I think that the proximity to Windsor is key here.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Central NY had a strong organized Calabresi presence early in the 20th century too. The Calabrian members of the Utica decina started out around this element. Gioacchino "Jack" Parisi of the Gambino / Philly Families also first arrived to that area and may have had existing links to Calabrian organized crime when he arrived in the US.