Gangland August 3rd 2023

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

slimshady_007
Full Patched

Re: Gangland August 3rd 2023

Post by slimshady_007 »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:58 pm
newera_212 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:20 pm What's kind of funny is that Joe C inadvertently caused this. If the factional leadership rift thing didn't happen, it'd be less likely that Mancuso and Spirito would come home and hit the ground running like they did . They understandably needed to show they were around and running things, taking charge, all that...the whole captains voting against him in a garage thing, low key, backed Mancuso into a corner.

The evidence of all the meets and public sightings of Mancuso with Spirito specifically, seemed the most egregious to me. Almost ridiculous. You'd think even if they needed to move around, they'd know to stay away from one another or figure out something better than what they were doing. Weren't they codefendants on their original case that led to this supervised release? Spirito was probably top 3 on Mancuso's "no contact" list by the Feds
I agree, which makes me think that meeting in plain view in public may have been some show of solidarity on their part; i.e., was performative and not just a matter of convenience or laziness. Hard to imagine that they couldn’t just have had a couple of guys without felony records to act as go-betweens. It’s either that or Mancuso and Spirito are as dumb as two sacks of rocks, and — in spite of whatever failings in morals and temperament the man may have — you don’t get to be where Mancuso is and be that dumb.
I think it was laziness. Mikey was like fuck it I’ll put on a hat & sunglasses then nobody will recognize me. Lol. However I understand why they wouldn’t use a go-between guy. Whatever’s being discussed by Spirito & Nose could’ve been sensitive info that they didn’t want anyone knowing about.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Uncle Pete
Straightened out

Post by Uncle Pete »

“With all due respect Carmine, that's why you need to get out there. Put your ear to the street, let the guys see you take the reigns.”
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:49 pm A great page two all. Great thoughts, contributions. Enjoyed the read, cheers.

A few points worth reinforcing: they knew what the score was and wanted to reinforce the protocol consequences be damned.
Joe C in fracturing the family resulted in the current admin needing to reinforce blah blah..

Great ideas, posts by all.
That's my take from it too. He solidified control.....you have to be present.

Interesting thing right now in Sicily. The Sorrentino family is challenging Calvaruso for leadership of Pagliarelli. One of the main reasons is he's not present. He's in Brazil.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

slimshady_007 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:07 pm
PolackTony wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:58 pm
newera_212 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:20 pm What's kind of funny is that Joe C inadvertently caused this. If the factional leadership rift thing didn't happen, it'd be less likely that Mancuso and Spirito would come home and hit the ground running like they did . They understandably needed to show they were around and running things, taking charge, all that...the whole captains voting against him in a garage thing, low key, backed Mancuso into a corner.

The evidence of all the meets and public sightings of Mancuso with Spirito specifically, seemed the most egregious to me. Almost ridiculous. You'd think even if they needed to move around, they'd know to stay away from one another or figure out something better than what they were doing. Weren't they codefendants on their original case that led to this supervised release? Spirito was probably top 3 on Mancuso's "no contact" list by the Feds
I agree, which makes me think that meeting in plain view in public may have been some show of solidarity on their part; i.e., was performative and not just a matter of convenience or laziness. Hard to imagine that they couldn’t just have had a couple of guys without felony records to act as go-betweens. It’s either that or Mancuso and Spirito are as dumb as two sacks of rocks, and — in spite of whatever failings in morals and temperament the man may have — you don’t get to be where Mancuso is and be that dumb.
I think it was laziness. Mikey was like fuck it I’ll put on a hat & sunglasses then nobody will recognize me. Lol. However I understand why they wouldn’t use a go-between guy. Whatever’s being discussed by Spirito & Nose could’ve been sensitive info that they didn’t want anyone knowing about.
Maybe they were going over the pros and cons of Lasik eye surgery