Thomas "tommy" Agro

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Makelaiusiwk
Straightened out

Re: Thomas "tommy" Agro

Post by Makelaiusiwk »

In the book he claimed agro was the killer of Anthony desimone , but I can’t find anything on him, no records etc
Lefty_Ruggiero
Straightened out

Post by Lefty_Ruggiero »

I don’t think he exists. Ancestry lists that DeSimone had multiple siblings, but none named Anthony. I find it amazing how much is wrong online about the whole Goodfellas stuff, simple things even like dates of birth and middle names.
Makelaiusiwk
Straightened out

Post by Makelaiusiwk »

Lefty_Ruggiero wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:00 am I don’t think he exists. Ancestry lists that DeSimone had multiple siblings, but none named Anthony. I find it amazing how much is wrong online about the whole Goodfellas stuff, simple things even like dates of birth and middle names.
Yup lots of things are fabricated. Joe dogs also claimed that he met anthony desimone to give him a no show job. And below quoting from a anecademic on Anthony desimone

“Lucchese crime family mobster Frank Calise appeared and warned Heino that he had "stepped on somebody's feet," and summoned him to a Sunday meeting with Frank Manzo at the Sherwood Diner located at 311 Rockaway Turnpike in Lawrence, Nassau County, New York. It was here that Benthin explained to Manzo that he wanted to hire more non-union workers. Heino Benthin fell into difficulty when Union Air Transport, a West German firm operating at John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK), was struck by Calise's Teamster Local 295 a few months later following their discussion. The company offered Benthin a $4,000-a-week trucking contract if he could find a way to get rid of the pickets. He called Calise, who set up another meeting with Manzo at the Sherwood Diner. This time Benthin brought along Anthony DeSimone to help convince Heino. An argument flared when DeSimone spoke up about wanting to get in on the actual extortion scheme with Manzo and be promoted from his bagman position, instead of just collecting and pointed a finger at Frank Manzo. The capo was infuriated at his public display of disrespect, he lunged across the table and impaled DeSimone's hand with a fork. "Don't ever do that again," said Manzo. "I'll kill you."
Like I’m even curious how they got the source for this .
Lefty_Ruggiero
Straightened out

Post by Lefty_Ruggiero »

Read the Lufthansa book from a few years back. They had conversations in it between two dead people. How the fuck they know what was said with no third party there. It doesn’t make sense.
Makelaiusiwk
Straightened out

Post by Makelaiusiwk »

Lefty_Ruggiero wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:10 am Read the Lufthansa book from a few years back. They had conversations in it between two dead people. How the fuck they know what was said with no third party there. It doesn’t make sense.
Exactly. Most of the conversations are made up to make the book more interesting I think.