Collection of Paul Carparelli recordings

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ivan
Full Patched

Collection of Paul Carparelli recordings

Post by Ivan »

The guy with the normal-sounding voice is George Brown (rat and some sort of union thug, IIRC), and the guy with the cartoon character voice is Chicago Outfit man about town and possible made guy Paul Carparelli. Features a couple of the latter's classic rants like the "fuck my wife" one and the "fucking proud of it" one. Sadly, it's missing the "my problem is I hate everybody" line.

https://soundcloud.com/bill-ruminski/se ... go-mobster
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: Collection of Paul Carparelli recordings

Post by PolackTony »

Yeah, these are a lot of fun lol. “My problem is I hate everybody” may be the best single Paulie Cap line, but there’s still some good ones here. “He pulled a Timmy”, “gave him footwork” etc.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:02 am Yeah, these are a lot of fun lol. “My problem is I hate everybody” may be the best single Paulie Cap line, but there’s still some good ones here. “He pulled a Timmy”, “gave him footwork” etc.
"I like to bust balls, you like to bust balls, who gives a fuck?"

Was wondering what that "Timmy" business was about specifically. A gun? Had never heard the term before.

I love the way you can tell how happy he gets when he hears about violence. :lol:

Third one sounds like they're talking about taking advantage of a power vacuum, unless I'm reading too much into it. His immediate boss would have been Inendino I guess?
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Ivan wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:47 am
PolackTony wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:02 am Yeah, these are a lot of fun lol. “My problem is I hate everybody” may be the best single Paulie Cap line, but there’s still some good ones here. “He pulled a Timmy”, “gave him footwork” etc.

Was wondering what that "Timmy" business was about specifically. A gun? Had never heard the term before.

I love the way you can tell how happy he gets when he hears about violence. :lol:

Third one sounds like they're talking about taking advantage of a power vacuum, unless I'm reading too much into it. His immediate boss would have been Inendino I guess?
Hard to tell. Inendino is a possiblity, or even more likely, Cautadella.

A few things you can pull out of these conversations is that at the time of the recordings we can confirm that there is still a solid structure to the Cicero crew and the outfit as a whole. When he's speaking about the power vacuum this is evident. Also, we can assume that The Difronzo's still had some sort of weight in the organization, even at this time. Carparelli was worried about potentially upsetting them if he ended up muscling the Melrose Park car dealer who he thought was a friend of theirs. Lastly, you can tell Delaurentis is also powerful and important based on Carparelli's description of Micky Davis as being "partners with Solly D" (like he was in awe of that fact).
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

This is what makes this site so great. Thank you Ivan.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

What is this list he talks about? I wish I could see it.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Tonyd621 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:25 am This is what makes this site so great. Thank you Ivan.
no problem, if you're ever in a bad mood just listen to those recordings and I guarantee they'll perk you up right quick
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Coloboy wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:56 am
Ivan wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:47 am

Hard to tell. Inendino is a possiblity, or even more likely, Cautadella.

A few things you can pull out of these conversations is that at the time of the recordings we can confirm that there is still a solid structure to the Cicero crew and the outfit as a whole. When he's speaking about the power vacuum this is evident. Also, we can assume that The Difronzo's still had some sort of weight in the organization, even at this time. Carparelli was worried about potentially upsetting them if he ended up muscling the Melrose Park car dealer who he thought was a friend of theirs. Lastly, you can tell Delaurentis is also powerful and important based on Carparelli's description of Micky Davis as being "partners with Solly D" (like he was in awe of that fact).
Thanks for that analysis. I came for the one-liners, but I stayed for the insights into what's going on in the structure of the Outfit. To me it sounds like there's a "staff shortage" going on in the Outfit but the structure and potential for rackets are still in place, and for a guy like him it's a bonanza of potential rackets he could soak up as there aren't many people to compete with or stop him. They're his for the taking, almost.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Joe Puzzles has put this on YouTube with helpful transcripts it looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hk0YC_eEjA
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:04 pm Joe Puzzles has put this on YouTube with helpful transcripts it looks like.

There are telltale signs comin' to me, that this is gonna get stupid.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:43 pm
Ivan wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:04 pm Joe Puzzles has put this on YouTube with helpful transcripts it looks like.

"Was he a BIG PRICK???"

Rat status notwithstanding, Brown sounded like a scary son of a bitch. Big 300 pound fucker and very highly trained in martial arts, made one guy piss his pants while collecting from him.
DonPeppino386
Straightened out

Post by DonPeppino386 »

Amazing! Thanks for posting these Ivan. I had heard about them but not heard them.
A fish with its mouth closed never gets caught.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

DonPeppino386 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:37 pm Amazing! Thanks for posting these Ivan. I had heard about them but not heard them.
Hey no problem. Really like what Joe Puzzles did with the words and pictures of the fellas.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:30 pm
PolackTony wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:43 pm

"Was he a BIG PRICK???"

Rat status notwithstanding, Brown sounded like a scary son of a bitch. Big 300 pound fucker and very highly trained in martial arts, made one guy piss his pants while collecting from him.
Yeah, he was what we used to call a “bonecrusher” in Chicago.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

OK I just now found this in an old article. Holy shit this is funny:
But they said he also once asked the enforcer to “just beat the living p—” out of his ex-wife for $5,000. And after she died of a drug overdose, the feds say Carparelli had two words for his former father-in-law, who called Carparelli a junkie and a drug dealer: “Who OD’d?”
What a great guy. :lol: