General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TommyGambino
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by TommyGambino »

Can someone send me a link to the 5 families making ceremonies thread? Search just keeps saying words are too common
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

TommyGambino wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:42 am Can someone send me a link to the 5 families making ceremonies thread? Search just keeps saying words are too common
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=144

It's a shame Pogo can't edit the OP.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

JohnnyS wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:48 am
TommyGambino wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:42 am Can someone send me a link to the 5 families making ceremonies thread? Search just keeps saying words are too common
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=144

It's a shame Pogo can't edit the OP.
Thanks
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

TommyGambino wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:42 am Search just keeps saying words are too common
it says this about everything, you could search Spadavecchio and it would say it's too common probably
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
bn
Straightened out

Post by bn »

Does anyone have a list of Captains in the Colombo family in 1975?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

bn wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:01 am Does anyone have a list of Captains in the Colombo family in 1975?

The captains circa 1974. Credit to JD/LCNBios for the info.

Joseph Brancato
James Clemenza
Nicholas Forlano (IP)/Aniello Giannattasio (Acting)
Vincent Gugliaro/Salvatore Scarpa (Acting)
Salvatore Lombardino Jr.
Vincenzo Mule/Paul D’Amico (Acting)
Charles Pannarella
?-Ralph Tropiana (possible)
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Sullycantwell
Straightened out

Post by Sullycantwell »

Was Stefano LaTorre a Boss, if so when? In the files I’ve seen, it just lists him as influential, but I haven’t seen him listed as a boss.
DonPeppino386
Straightened out

Post by DonPeppino386 »

What do we know about Vincent Vinnie Asaros Businesses and hangouts? Restaurants, bars and lounges lounges over the years.
A fish with its mouth closed never gets caught.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Any news about al trucchio?
Sullycantwell
Straightened out

Post by Sullycantwell »

what is the evidence for both sides of the argument about Giuseppe Morello being the first boss of either the Genovese or Luchese?
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Sullycantwell wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:08 pm what is the evidence for both sides of the argument about Giuseppe Morello being the first boss of either the Genovese or Luchese?
Well technically he wasn’t the first boss of either family but he was the Boss of a family that split (called the Corleonesi amongst some on this forum) and those two families eventually became the Genovese and Lucchese families. Masseria is the first boss of what became the Genovese and Reina the Luccheses. As far as hard evidence you should check out the April 2014 issue of Informer Magazine or send Angelo or B a message I’m sure they can break down whatever evidence actually exists.
Sullycantwell
Straightened out

Post by Sullycantwell »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:51 am
Sullycantwell wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:08 pm what is the evidence for both sides of the argument about Giuseppe Morello being the first boss of either the Genovese or Luchese?
Well technically he wasn’t the first boss of either family but he was the Boss of a family that split (called the Corleonesi amongst some on this forum) and those two families eventually became the Genovese and Lucchese families. Masseria is the first boss of what became the Genovese and Reina the Luccheses. As far as hard evidence you should check out the April 2014 issue of Informer Magazine or send Angelo or B a message I’m sure they can break down whatever evidence actually exists.
i know the family split, but I'm asking which family Masseria or Reina is more of an heir to Morello's family. i worded it completely wrong in the beginning. There was part of the argument in the "Random Historic Info." i believe, not strongly, that Reina was more of an heir to the original Morello family. I just havent seen the evidence for the opposing view that Masseria was more of an heir to Morello's family.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Sullycantwell wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:32 am i know the family split, but I'm asking which family Masseria or Reina is more of an heir to Morello's family. i worded it completely wrong in the beginning. There was part of the argument in the "Random Historic Info." i believe, not strongly, that Reina was more of an heir to the original Morello family. I just havent seen the evidence for the opposing view that Masseria was more of an heir to Morello's family.
From what I've seen some of the more knowledgeable posters say it seems like the bulk of the family stayed with Reina and only the hardcore Morello loyalists went with Masseria so it seems like what you believe is correct.
Sullycantwell
Straightened out

Post by Sullycantwell »

In CC's Apalachin chart there's a man listed as "Emilio Buttoni." The chart says he was a Luchese capodecina. I cant find anything on this guy, does anyone have any info on him?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:31 pm
Sullycantwell wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:32 am i know the family split, but I'm asking which family Masseria or Reina is more of an heir to Morello's family. i worded it completely wrong in the beginning. There was part of the argument in the "Random Historic Info." i believe, not strongly, that Reina was more of an heir to the original Morello family. I just havent seen the evidence for the opposing view that Masseria was more of an heir to Morello's family.
From what I've seen some of the more knowledgeable posters say it seems like the bulk of the family stayed with Reina and only the hardcore Morello loyalists went with Masseria so it seems like what you believe is correct.
I’d agree. I think it’s most accurate to think of both as successor Families, but while Morello himself went with Masseria, most of the original network, made up primarily of Corleonesi, went with the Reina group. My take is that Masseria and Morello strategically targeted Mainlanders for recruitment in order to build up the membership of their group, which left a major imprint on the character and make-up of that Family ever since.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”