General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyC
Straightened out

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by SonnyC »

Patrickgold wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:41 am
SonnyC wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:27 am
Ivan wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:41 pm All right I just heard that the Gaylords are still around. Is that true? Did any of that bunch ever graduate to/become involved with the Outfit?
Yes, the Gaylords are still around. There's one set on the Northside, Albany park I think, that is still active. Some of the older heads still gather around Kilbourn Park, but they're not street active. Just retired guys hanging around with old friends. There was some activity in Fox Lake in the 2000's but I think those guys are gone now.

There was talk about one of the Sayre Park guys getting killed in an outfit deal in like '79 or '80, but that's all I've heard. I won't touch that Addison deal with a 10 foot pole. There's still a lot of bad blood about what went down.
New sections need new members. I don’t see the liberal white gays that are flooding the city as joining a white gang. Albany Park definitely doesn’t have a Gaylord set. The last sets were in Sayre Park which is close to grand and Harlem and Kilborn Park which is at Addison and Kilbourne. There is nothing there now unless you count 50 or 60 year old men as being a set. Not to mention both those parks demographics have changed rapidly in the last 15 years. I heard talk of about a son of Gaylord member that goes by Young Lord who’s also a rapper trying to start something back up in Uptown but I don’t see it. Sunny side and magnolia is all Black P Stones and what’s not black is gay in uptown. Very little southern Appalachia influence anymore.

Same goes for Chi-West and the Jousters. I did see a Chi West mural off of western the other day. Probably an old time member did it.
Jimmy Dye's kid, Lord Tutu, had something going on in Uptown a while back. They were calling themselves the Young Lords, but that's dead now. He took off to the West Coast doing some rap thing. The P Stones let them share the space for old times sake I guess. That relationship goes back quite a bit.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

SonnyC wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:25 am
Ivan wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:41 pm All right I just heard that the Gaylords are still around. Is that true? Did any of that bunch ever graduate to/become involved with the Outfit?
Yes, the Gaylords are still around. There's one set on the Northside, Albany park I think, that is still active. Some of the older heads still gather around Kilbourn Park, but they're not street active. Just retired guys hanging around with old friends. There was some activity in Fox Lake in the 2000's but I think those guys are gone now.

There was talk about one of the Sayre Park guys getting killed in an outfit deal in like '79 or '80, but that's all I've heard. I won't touch that Addison deal with a 10 foot pole. There's still a lot of bad blood about what went down.
New sections need new members. I don’t see the liberal white gays that are flooding the city as joining a white gang. Albany Park definitely doesn’t have a Gaylord set. The last sets were in Sayre Park which is close to grand and Harlem and Kilborn Park which is at Addison and Kilbourne. There is nothing there now unless you count 50 or 60 year old men as being a set. Not to mention both those parks demographics have changed rapidly in the last 15 years. I heard talk of about a son of Gaylord member that goes by Young Lord who’s also a rapper trying to start something back up in Uptown but I don’t see it. Sunny side and magnolia is all Black P Stones and what’s not black is gay in uptown. Very little southern Appalachia influence anymore.

Same goes for Chi-West and the Jousters. I did see a Chi West mural off of western the other day. Probably an old time member did it.
Jimmy Dye's kid, Lord Tutu, had something going on in Uptown a while back. They were calling themselves the Young Lords, but that's dead now. He took off to the West Coast doing some rap thing. The P Stones let them share the space for old times sake I guess. That relationship goes back quite a bit.
Interesting. That’s probably the same person that I heard. What exactly did they have going on in Uptown? Was this Lord Tutu the real deal? Remind me who Jimmy Dye was.
SonnyC
Straightened out

Post by SonnyC »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:44 am
SonnyC wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:25 am

Interesting. That’s probably the same person that I heard. What exactly did they have going on in Uptown? Was this Lord Tutu the real deal? Remind me who Jimmy Dye was.
Jimmy Dye was a long time Uptown GL leader. I believe at one time he ran things in IDOC for them as well. Regardless, he was a respected guy. Tutu had a crew of guys that were in some part related to older GL's from that neighborhood. There was a bit of resurgence, but as you mentioned above the demographics just don't work any longer. I think they were more into rap than into banging.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

What about in the suburbs? That's where most of the whites moved, right? Any white gangs out there?
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Lord TuTu is trash, IMO (I mean as a rapper). Just seemed to me that he had a couple of guys in his little rap crew who threw up the L and called themselves “Lords”, I can’t possibly imagine that there is any recruitment pool as others have already note; his videos that I’ve seen he barely even had anyone at his video shoots lol. Can’t remember the last time I saw working class whites of any background in Uptown who weren’t Medicare recipients, and even they’re probably mostly all either dead or pushed out whenever the last SROs closed. As Patrick said, it’s all either yuppie or black there now, and from what I’ve seen it has been for a while, as many of the Latinos and Asians in that area have been priced out by gentrification along with the hillbillies and immigrant whites (leaving yuppies and mostly blacks in the low-income/Section 8 buildings).

And yeah, TuTu’s dad was Jimmy “Lord JD” Dye, from Sunnyside & Magnolia. Legendary GL in the 80s/90s. He got locked up for a ‘93 drug robbery/homicide of a guy who was supposedly a CVL from Hazel & Agatite and I’ve seen it claimed that he was either running it for the GLs inside or was the chief of the entire organization (or I guess whatever was left by that point, mostly the same thing I’d guess). One of his accomplices in the murder was Pablo Munoz, underscoring that the GLs always had a number of non-whites in their ranks. One would think that the Uptown GLs, because of all the hillbillies, would be the most racist, but they even had a number of black members there back in the day (not just Magnolia but also Lawrence & Broadway). This was always the case even in the 60s/70s when the gang culture was explicitly and violently racial; if you grew up in the hood with guys and they knew you, that mattered more than color. Hence white members of Latin gangs and non-white members of white gangs.
Last edited by PolackTony on Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:54 am What about in the suburbs? That's where most of the whites moved, right? Any white gangs out there?
White gang members, yes. White street gangs as such haven’t really existed in Chicagoland in some time, just historically white organizations like the Players and Notes who have had a mixed membership for decades now. Maybe there are some crews of white kids in the burbs who call themselves a name, but we wouldn’t consider that a real “gang” in Chicago.
SonnyC
Straightened out

Post by SonnyC »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:25 am Lord TuTu is trash, IMO (I mean as a rapper). Just seemed to me that he had a couple of guys in his little rap crew who threw up the L and called themselves “Lords”, I can’t possibly imagine that there is any recruitment pool as others have already note; his videos that I’ve seen he barely even had anyone at his video shoots lol. Can’t remember the last time I saw working class whites of any background in Uptown who weren’t Medicare recipients, and even they’re probably mostly all either dead or pushed out whenever the last SROs closed. As Patrick said, it’s all either yuppie or black there now, and from what I’ve seen it has been for a while, as many of the Latinos and Asians in that area have been priced out by gentrification along with the hillbillies and immigrant whites (leaving yuppies and mostly blacks in the low-income/Section 8 buildings).

And yeah, TuTu’s dad was Jimmy “Lord JD” Dye, from Sunnyside & Magnolia. Legendary GL in the 80s/90s. He got locked up for a ‘93 drug robbery/homicide of a guy who was supposedly a CVL from Hazel & Agatite and I’ve seen it claimed that he was either running it for the GLs inside or was the chief of the entire organization (or I guess whatever was left by that point, mostly the same thing I’d guess). One of his accomplices in the murder was Pablo Munoz, underscoring that the GLs always had a number of non-whites in their ranks. One would think that the Uptown GLs, because of all the hillbillies, would be the most racist, but they even had a number of black members there back in the day (not just Magnolia but also Lawrence & Broadway). This was always the case even in the 60s/70s when the gang culture was explicitly and violently racial; if you grew up in the hood with guys and they knew you, that mattered more than color. Hence white members of Latin gangs and non-white members of white gangs.
Keep in mind, although many GL's were also WPO in the '70s they always had Hispanic members. If you were from the hood and down to protect it you could be in the club. Blacks not so much, but most GL neighborhoods were not bordering on black ones (at least on the North side), with Uptown being the big exception.
SonnyC
Straightened out

Post by SonnyC »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:34 am
Ivan wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:54 am What about in the suburbs? That's where most of the whites moved, right? Any white gangs out there?
White gang members, yes. White street gangs as such haven’t really existed in Chicagoland in some time, just historically white organizations like the Players and Notes who have had a mixed membership for decades now. Maybe there are some crews of white kids in the burbs who call themselves a name, but we wouldn’t consider that a real “gang” in Chicago.
You had the "Italian Playboys" in Melrose Park and Addison in the '90s but to your point, they were the same as the gangs in the city.
SonnyC
Straightened out

Post by SonnyC »

Meant to say "not the same". I can't edit the post...
JoelTurner
Full Patched

Post by JoelTurner »

Has anyone come across people with the last name “ Chiacchiaro”?

They would have been from Palazzo Adriano
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SonnyC wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:53 am
PolackTony wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:25 am Lord TuTu is trash, IMO (I mean as a rapper). Just seemed to me that he had a couple of guys in his little rap crew who threw up the L and called themselves “Lords”, I can’t possibly imagine that there is any recruitment pool as others have already note; his videos that I’ve seen he barely even had anyone at his video shoots lol. Can’t remember the last time I saw working class whites of any background in Uptown who weren’t Medicare recipients, and even they’re probably mostly all either dead or pushed out whenever the last SROs closed. As Patrick said, it’s all either yuppie or black there now, and from what I’ve seen it has been for a while, as many of the Latinos and Asians in that area have been priced out by gentrification along with the hillbillies and immigrant whites (leaving yuppies and mostly blacks in the low-income/Section 8 buildings).

Keep in mind, although many GL's were also WPO in the '70s they always had Hispanic members. If you were from the hood and down to protect it you could be in the club. Blacks not so much, but most GL neighborhoods were not bordering on black ones (at least on the North side), with Uptown being the big exception.
Yes, they had Latin, American Indian, Middle Eastern members back in the day. Amid all of the animosity, there was far more sustained interaction between Latinos and whites than with blacks, as demographic transition when Latinos came in was not nearly as rapid or total. This went both ways with the gang stuff, and led to the remaining white organizations basically being fully absorbed into the People/Folks camps under the Latin Folks and Kings, respectively, by the early 90s.

Uptown really was a world unto itself. Bob Rehak’s photo series from the 1970s captured this well, as you’ll see organizations like the Kings and Gents with members of every race/nationality together there. There’s a photo of a group of black kids posing in front of an Uptown Rebels’ wall which illustrates this perfectly. Would seem bizarre to outsiders, but was just life on the block if you grew up in that hood in that era.

https://bobrehak.com/portfolio-2/documentary/

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

The claim that members of the Chicago Heights crew were tied to narcotics trafficking operations between Italy and the US in the 1950s has come up before. Below is an FBI report from 1963 that cites Special Agent R. B. Steadman of the New Orleans FBN office (denoted as NO T-1 here) and the claim that Jimmy Emery was indicted by the Italian government in 1952 with Frank Coppola for their role in a drug ring under Luciano. Recall also the photo that appears to show Dom Ruberto with Luciano at a Naples-area racetrack (probably the Agnano race track that Luciano was known to frequent), and intel that the FBI received that Ruberto was known to travel frequently to both Palermo and Naples. In 1952, Coppola and a bunch of accomplices were of course busted for a major heroin export ring after a series of raids in Rome, Milan, and Àlcamo.

The entry was in reference to a toll call placed to Papa Joe Guzzino in Chicago Heights from a pay phone located outside of the Black Cat Lounge in NOLA in 1962.

Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

SonnyC wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:55 am
You had the "Italian Playboys" in Melrose Park and Addison in the '90s but to your point, they were the same as the gangs in the city.
Italian Playboys were big at one time but we’re definitely not in the league of the hardcore gangs. I think they died out when they got into it with MLD. MLD shot up their houses in Addison and that was the end of the Italian Playboys.

Boyz in the Hood gang was an Elmwood Park gang and so were the Harlem Ave Boys. Gang culture has changed significantly since the 90s and is not what it use to be.
SonnyC
Straightened out

Post by SonnyC »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:56 pm
Italian Playboys were big at one time but we’re definitely not in the league of the hardcore gangs. I think they died out when they got into it with MLD. MLD shot up their houses in Addison and that was the end of the Italian Playboys.

Boyz in the Hood gang was an Elmwood Park gang and so were the Harlem Ave Boys. Gang culture has changed significantly since the 90s and is not what it use to be.
One of their members beat another kid to death in Addison in the early '90s as well. Kid went to jail and a connected relative hooked him up with the Northsiders for protection. He got a reduced sentence in a plea deal about 5 years later.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

SonnyC wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:47 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:56 pm

One of their members beat another kid to death in Addison in the early '90s as well. Kid went to jail and a connected relative hooked him up with the Northsiders for protection. He got a reduced sentence in a plea deal about 5 years later.
Interesting. Never heard this story. Any idea who the guy was that beat someone to death?