General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by B. »

"If you join our brotherhood, you might be asked to kill your own brother, or your father..."
"Done."
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Not sure if this has been mentions but a new book was released recently called “Godfathers of Chicago’s Chinatown” by Harrison Fillmore, a pen name. I guess he was a law enforcement officer which makes sense because both Harrison and Fillmore were Chicago Police Stations.

Anyway, I read the book and it is very interesting. Never really knew much about the history of Chinatown organized crime and this gives some good background info about the Tong wars, the rivalry between the Hip Sing and On Leang triads, the ghost shadows and some other events in Chicago. Also gives the structure of the triad organizations. It’s not a in-depth book. It’s like that new Pittsburgh mafia book. Less than 150 pages. What I didn’t like about it was that they had no real photos of the people involved. It had sketches which I didn’t like. Maybe the author did it for copyright issues.

It does get into the Chicago Outfit later in the book and talks about the On Leong paying protection money, Robert Copley’s involvement and Joe Wing who was the Outfit’s liaison to Chinatown for many years. It also mentions some federal indictments related to gambling and narcotics in the last 20 years which I was unaware of. Says nothing about Ken Eto which was surprising but I guess Eto who was Japanese was not involved with the Chinese.

Godfathers of Chicago’s Chinatown: Triads, Tongs & Street Gangs (True Crime) https://a.co/d/ha4CtdJ
Ed
Straightened out

Post by Ed »

On Sunday, October 10, 1954, twenty-nine-year-old foundry worker Michael Loisi's body was discovered in the backseat of his car parked on South Trumbull Ave in Chicago. Loisi had been shot several times in the head and shoulder. Neighbours said the vehicle had been parked there since Saturday night.

Antoinette Loisi told the police that her husband, who didn't have a police record, left Friday night to go bowling but never made it. Antoniette, who married Loisi two years earlier, was pregnant at the time of the murder.

Sometime after burying her husband, the widow Antoniette married Fiore Buccieri, eighteen years her senior. They remained married until Buccieri's death from cancer in 1973. (Buccieri first married Donatello Carrino in November 1928, but I don't know when they divorced. I noticed Buccieri and Carrino's father shared the same first name of "Fioravante" or "Fiorevanti".)

The police never developed any leads in the case or arrested anyone, but in the 1960s, FBI informers claimed Buccieri or underling Joseph Ferriola killed Loisi so Buccieri could marry Antoinette. (There is no suggestion she had any part in the alleged conspiracy.)

Does anyone else have additional information? Buccieri was a vicious guy, so anything is possible. But it could be baseless gossip, similar to Joe Valachi's debunked claim that Vito Genovese murdered his second wife's husband so he could marry her.

Loisi's murder occurred in 1954. Buccieri reportedly sponsored Ferriola into the Outfit in 1956. Before hooking up with Buccieri, Ferriola worked for William Daddano but was fired after screwing up. If Ferriola was involved in the murder, it might have (partly) influenced Buccieri's decision to take Ferriola under his wing.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Looks a federal judge has ended the consent decree on the teamsters pension despite DoL being against it.
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

funkster wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:53 am Looks a federal judge has ended the consent decree on the teamsters pension despite DoL being against it.
40 years of oversight gone - unions are like wall street - they may cheat the rules, but they cheat much worse without any rules.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

All right I just heard that the Gaylords are still around. Is that true? Did any of that bunch ever graduate to/become involved with the Outfit?
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Ivan wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:41 pm All right I just heard that the Gaylords are still around. Is that true? Did any of that bunch ever graduate to/become involved with the Outfit?
Who told you they were still around? The last thing I heard was their Addison branch got busted for gun running over 10 years ago and those were all old men. None became outfit members but some became associates. Small time guys nobody people here would know. There was a Gaylord member who was supposedly murdered by the outfit for robbing a gambling joint I think. Can’t remember his name but will look it up.

The Thorndale Jaggoffs also worked with the outfit. Old time member told me they use to collect for the outfit and do other things.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Patrickgold wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:18 pm
Ivan wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:41 pm All right I just heard that the Gaylords are still around. Is that true? Did any of that bunch ever graduate to/become involved with the Outfit?
Who told you they were still around? The last thing I heard was their Addison branch got busted for gun running over 10 years ago and those were all old men. None became outfit members but some became associates. Small time guys nobody people here would know. There was a Gaylord member who was supposedly murdered by the outfit for robbing a gambling joint I think. Can’t remember his name but will look it up.
Internet people told me. Was discussing white gangs with writer Steve Sailer and someone brought them up and said they were still going but I was very skeptical. Someone else said that a few members became Outfit associates. I didn't believe it so I ran it all past you guys. All I could find online were old guys who were members a long time ago who seem to be sort of keeping it going as a nostalgic fraternal type thing.

Seems like the only white gangs now are "white trash"/peckerwood types in Mississippi or wherever, or skinheads and prison gangs. Nothing like the old Gaylords.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Ivan wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:23 am
Patrickgold wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:18 pm
Internet people told me. Was discussing white gangs with writer Steve Sailer and someone brought them up and said they were still going but I was very skeptical. Someone else said that a few members became Outfit associates. I didn't believe it so I ran it all past you guys. All I could find online were old guys who were members a long time ago who seem to be sort of keeping it going as a nostalgic fraternal type thing.

Seems like the only white gangs now are "white trash"/peckerwood types in Mississippi or wherever, or skinheads and prison gangs. Nothing like the old Gaylords.
Yea they are definitely not around gangbanging that is for sure. There are definitely older members around that might be involved in so criminal stuff it’s not an organization. I would say up to 2010 or 2011 I would still see some Gaylord tags around grand and harlem but not anymore. C-Notes and 12th st players are white gangs that are still around but they also have Hispanic members now. Insane Deuces in Canaryville are also a white gang that is still active. That’s about it for Chicago. Below is a link to the last Gaylord indictment.

https://www.justice.gov/archive/usao/il ... 823_01.pdf
SonnyC
Straightened out

Post by SonnyC »

Yes, the Gaylords are still around. There's one set on the Northside, Albany park I think, that is still active. Some of the older heads still gather around Kilbourn Park, but they're not street active. Just retired guys hanging around with old friends. There was some activity in Fox Lake in the 2000's but I think those guys are gone now.

There was talk about one of the Sayre Park guys getting killed in an outfit deal in like '79 or '80, but that's all I've heard. I won't touch that Addison deal with a 10 foot pole. There's still a lot of bad blood about what went down.
SonnyC
Straightened out

Post by SonnyC »

[/quote]

[/quote]

There's been talk about new sections of Jousters and Playboys starting up on the far NW side, and of Chi-West being street active again but I don't know the truth of it. Chi-West was always rumored to have Outfit contacts as well.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

SonnyC wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:27 am
Yes, the Gaylords are still around. There's one set on the Northside, Albany park I think, that is still active. Some of the older heads still gather around Kilbourn Park, but they're not street active. Just retired guys hanging around with old friends. There was some activity in Fox Lake in the 2000's but I think those guys are gone now.

There was talk about one of the Sayre Park guys getting killed in an outfit deal in like '79 or '80, but that's all I've heard. I won't touch that Addison deal with a 10 foot pole. There's still a lot of bad blood about what went down.
New sections need new members. I don’t see the liberal white gays that are flooding the city as joining a white gang. Albany Park definitely doesn’t have a Gaylord set. The last sets were in Sayre Park which is close to grand and Harlem and Kilborn Park which is at Addison and Kilbourne. There is nothing there now unless you count 50 or 60 year old men as being a set. Not to mention both those parks demographics have changed rapidly in the last 15 years. I heard talk of about a son of Gaylord member that goes by Young Lord who’s also a rapper trying to start something back up in Uptown but I don’t see it. Sunny side and magnolia is all Black P Stones and what’s not black is gay in uptown. Very little southern Appalachia influence anymore.

Same goes for Chi-West and the Jousters. I did see a Chi West mural off of western the other day. Probably an old time member did it.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SonnyC wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:47 am Chi-West was always rumored to have Outfit contacts as well.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Patrickgold wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:41 am

New sections need new members. I don’t see the liberal white gays that are flooding the city as joining a white gang. Albany Park definitely doesn’t have a Gaylord set. The last sets were in Sayre Park which is close to grand and Harlem and Kilborn Park which is at Addison and Kilbourne. There is nothing there now unless you count 50 or 60 year old men as being a set. Not to mention both those parks demographics have changed rapidly in the last 15 years. I heard talk of about a son of Gaylord member that goes by Young Lord who’s also a rapper trying to start something back up in Uptown but I don’t see it. Sunny side and magnolia is all Black P Stones and what’s not black is gay in uptown. Very little southern Appalachia influence anymore.
Yeah when I lived in the Near North Side of Chicago briefly in 2013 I couldn't get over how yuppie and gay and just all-around soft it was. Everything was just so cute and "clever" and hipster. I can't imagine what it's like 10 years later especially after the Woke shit -- I'd probably end up killing one of my neighbors if I lived there now. Though I lived in Old Town and from what I understand Old Town is like the Mordor of that gay-yuppie shit.

So I'm pretty skeptical about white gangs when I hear about them there but was surprised to learn recently that Canaryville is still Canaryville. Or like half of it anyway.

Oh and it was "briefly" because I pussied out over the Polar Vortex winter of 2014 and fled to Las Vegas.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

My generation was the last one where there were still quite a few hardcore white gang members. The only younger white gangbangers that I really saw in the city itself in the 2000s were up on the Northside (Albany Park, Rogers Park) and were mainly Balkan immigrant kids (Serbian, Albanian, etc).

There aren't any "white" gangs really left in Chicago, but rather a couple of extant historically white gangs that have long since inducted an ethnically mixed membership (C-Notes, ATSPN, SCR). This was already in full swing in the 1980s with groups such as the Notes, Players, Royals, etc., inducting Latino and even a few black members. Old school gangs like the Jousters and TJO by this time mainly stopped recruiting, with the membership largely aging out of it or incarcerated for heavy prison terms. The GLs held on a bit, in a couple of areas of the NW Side like Jefferson Park and Albany Park, but their last real strongholds were Kilbourn Park and Sayre Park. We used to encounter their younger members at the Brickyard back in the 90s: those dudes were soft as babyshit and nothing like the old GLS used to be (they were barbarians). We used to go to Shabbona Park to play basketball on the weekends, and a couple of times a bunch of young Gls tried to step to us, we basically just told them to fuck off and they didn't do anything. They just weren't raised in the kind of environment to continue to produce hardcore gang members anymore. Even during that time those neighborhoods were starting to see a big influx of Latinos and gangs from Logan Square and Humboldt Park were encroaching, the GLs were basically powerless to stop it by that point.
I lived in Albany Park around the end of the 200s for a bit (in Kings' hood, by Lawrence and Kedzie) and the only GL section there was Berteau and Springfield, which is barely Albany Park. Supposedly they were fighting the Royals over Independence Park at that time (Royals vs GLs, even then it sounded like a blast from the past!), but I never saw those dudes when I lived there and can't imagine that they had any presence in AP proper apart from that little hood, as Albany Park back then still had some really vicious organizations running around at that time. If they're still active at BS today, I'd imagine that their membership is heavily non-white (though they could be from 65 different countries).
Patrickgold wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:27 am Insane Deuces in Canaryville are also a white gang that is still active. That’s about it for Chicago. Below is a link to the last Gaylord indictment.
While the IDs chapter in Canaryville may be white, the organization was never a "white gang", but rather mixed (the Harrison Gents were very similar). From what I know, they started in the early 70s in the Lathrop Homes (the "Puerto Rican Projects") on the Northside, with a membership including PRs, blacks, and whites (as that was one of the few really mixed neighborhoods at that time, along with Uptown, that wasn't engaged in wholesale racial/ethnic violence). The Canaryville section only was founded in the 90s (I have no idea how, as all of their other chapters were on the Northside). They used to be a very serious organization when I was a kid but had a major war with the Kings in the early 90s (which caused the Deuces to flip from People to Folks) that forced them out of their original hood in Lathrop, while gentrification took out most of their other primary hoods in North Center and Lakeview.
Patrickgold wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:18 pm The Thorndale Jaggoffs also worked with the outfit. Old time member told me they use to collect for the outfit and do other things.
TJO was no joke, the stories I've heard about those guys are pretty nuts (like when Gary Kellas opened fire with an Uzi on a van full of undercover agents at the old Carson's Ribs on Ridge in the 80s lol). Those guys were supposedly involved in a lot of big drug and weapons trafficking, so it isn't surprising that they had some outfit ties. Also, their founder was Joe Ganci, who was half-Sicilian (I believe his mother was Turkish, but his father's family was from Monreale) and I believe related by marriage to the Buttittas.

Photo of Joe Ganci from 1975, when he was apprehended after breaking out of Cook County jail on murder charges with other members of TJO and the Playboys:

SonnyC wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:47 am There's been talk about new sections of Jousters and Playboys starting up on the far NW side, and of Chi-West being street active again but I don't know the truth of it. Chi-West was always rumored to have Outfit contacts as well.
I've heard that there are still old heads from the Jousters that keep the name going, but nothing more than that, so far as I know. Playboys being around today would really be some funny shit. I have also heard that in the last 10 years, CW allegedly has started back up again, but it's hard to imagine that this is anything more than some old heads hitting up a few walls, as Patrick said (though with ongoing immigration from Ukraine to Chicago, maybe they brought in some of those guys at some point. I used to have some completely nuts Ukie barbarian kids for neighbors when I still lived there, direct from the old country, who were heavy into drugs and just general mayhem). By the late 80s, CW was basically off the street in terms of gangbanging, and I mean in their original hood, which was all they had left by the 80s. Those guys were already like a legend by then, psychotic old Ukrainian dudes that the older PR gangbangers would tell war stories about. They had a couple of younger guys around 1990 who hung out by Chicago and Damen, but by then they had been brought into the People umbrella and were basically riding the coattails of the Kings from Huron and Hoyne and Division and Leavitt. So far as I know (and I knew a bunch of Kings from HH then) they were basically defunct from that point on, apart from some of their old heads allegedly being involved in Eastern Euro OC (eg, Jack "the Jew" Farmer, who was featured on America's Most Wanted). And yes, allegedly Chi-West had ties to the Italian mob as well as Russian/Ukie OC. In fact, the chapter president for one of their satellite sections, at Armitage and Cicero, was supposedly Ronnie Ignoffo, who I believe was the same Ronald Ignoffo that we know as a Northside crew associate, as he lived in that immediate area of West Humboldt Park.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”