General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by PolackTony »

Coloboy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:03 pm Really interesting write up on the drug ring Tony. Seems pretty certain it was in some way outfit connected. It's also a good example of how the outfit seemed to handle the drug business.....keep it at arms length and let others do the dirty work.
It’s a very interesting story overall and is like a “Greatest Hits” list (for me at least) all wrapped into one: Italian immigrants involved in narcotics in the 80s, hyper-corrupt CPD and Cook County Sheriff’s Department officers, ties to high-level street gang leaders. But it also has the hallmarks of a pattern that we see going back to the 1940s, of Italian guys who are not members, likely being financed or taxed/approved by members, with street level distribution primarily handled by black OC.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Does anyone know much about Sal Bastone? Had a brother Carmine.

Which crew was he with? Made guy?

I’m reading Michael Corbitts book right now and we have some family connections to the Bastones.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Coloboy wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:32 pm Does anyone know much about Sal Bastone? Had a brother Carmine.

Which crew was he with? Made guy?

I’m reading Michael Corbitts book right now and we have some family connections to the Bastones.
The general consensus is that both brothers were made, possibly as early as the 60s.

It's a bit more fuzzy to determine what crew they were in as I've seen them listed as Ferriola "lieutenants" as well as members of both Chinatown and Melrose Park. Based on the evidence I've seen, I'd go with Ferriola's crew.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Due To High Crime, Mafia Closes Its Chicago Office
Babylon Bee
May 31, 2023

CHICAGO, IL — Today marked the end of an era, as the Mafia announced it was officially closing its Chicago branch due to the rising wave of violent crime in the city.

"We just can't operate under these conditions," said street boss Albert "Albie the Falcon" Vena, speaking on behalf of Salvatore "Solly D" DeLaurentis, who has run the Chicago organization since 2021. "How are we supposed to conduct respectable business — loan sharking, bribery, racketeering, illegal gambling — with so much crime going on? It's insane!"

The Windy City has long been known for its organized crime operations, dating back even before the days of Al "Scarface" Capone in the 1920s Prohibition Era. Today's mobsters now lament the difficulty they face in doing horrible things behind the scenes in the city while so many even more horrible things are being done in broad daylight. "One of our best leg-breakers got his legs broken by a gang of 40 high schoolers last week," said organization member Frank "Toots" Caruso. "They recorded it and put it on TikTok. We just don't feel safe around here. I'm afraid to just walk down the street!"

Rising crime rates in Chicago have become a staple under Democrat leaders, resulting in skyrocketing numbers of violent crimes and shooting deaths, despite the city having some of the strictest gun laws in the nation. "You think we're gonna be out there working?" asked Nicholas "Jumbo" Guzzino. "Are you kidding me? I don't wanna get shot!"

At publishing time, members of the Chicago "Outfit" had successfully packed up and were on their way out of town before being mugged on their way to the airport.

https://babylonbee.com/news/due-to-high ... ago-office
All roads lead to New York.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:30 pm Due To High Crime, Mafia Closes Its Chicago Office
Babylon Bee
May 31, 2023

CHICAGO, IL — Today marked the end of an era, as the Mafia announced it was officially closing its Chicago branch due to the rising wave of violent crime in the city.

"We just can't operate under these conditions," said street boss Albert "Albie the Falcon" Vena, speaking on behalf of Salvatore "Solly D" DeLaurentis, who has run the Chicago organization since 2021. "How are we supposed to conduct respectable business — loan sharking, bribery, racketeering, illegal gambling — with so much crime going on? It's insane!"

The Windy City has long been known for its organized crime operations, dating back even before the days of Al "Scarface" Capone in the 1920s Prohibition Era. Today's mobsters now lament the difficulty they face in doing horrible things behind the scenes in the city while so many even more horrible things are being done in broad daylight. "One of our best leg-breakers got his legs broken by a gang of 40 high schoolers last week," said organization member Frank "Toots" Caruso. "They recorded it and put it on TikTok. We just don't feel safe around here. I'm afraid to just walk down the street!"

Rising crime rates in Chicago have become a staple under Democrat leaders, resulting in skyrocketing numbers of violent crimes and shooting deaths, despite the city having some of the strictest gun laws in the nation. "You think we're gonna be out there working?" asked Nicholas "Jumbo" Guzzino. "Are you kidding me? I don't wanna get shot!"

At publishing time, members of the Chicago "Outfit" had successfully packed up and were on their way out of town before being mugged on their way to the airport.

Your contribution to the Bee?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Antiliar wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:37 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:30 pm Due To High Crime, Mafia Closes Its Chicago Office
Babylon Bee
May 31, 2023

Your contribution to the Bee?
I should be so clever.
All roads lead to New York.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

It was contributed by a reader who has knowledge on the Outfit and has a sense of humor. Must be someone we know from here, gangsterbb, reddit, or Facebook.
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

I was reading about Louis Bombacino who Snakes and others were discussing on another thread. I believe his son Louis was the juice loan collector for the Calabrese street crew, no? Kind of interesting the son didn't have his father mentioned in the obituary - as if they wrote him out of their lives. It's unique to have a son of a well-known rat continue working for the mob if this indeed is the same connection.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/ch ... id=2332842
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:00 pm I was reading about Louis Bombacino who Snakes and others were discussing on another thread. I believe his son Louis was the juice loan collector for the Calabrese street crew, no? Kind of interesting the son didn't have his father mentioned in the obituary - as if they wrote him out of their lives. It's unique to have a son of a well-known rat continue working for the mob if this indeed is the same connection.

Going off of memory here, but I want to say he was his nephew, not his son.
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Snakes wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:12 am
NorthBuffalo wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:00 pm I was reading about Louis Bombacino who Snakes and others were discussing on another thread. I believe his son Louis was the juice loan collector for the Calabrese street crew, no? Kind of interesting the son didn't have his father mentioned in the obituary - as if they wrote him out of their lives. It's unique to have a son of a well-known rat continue working for the mob if this indeed is the same connection.

I think its the son based on the name of the 90s Louis Bombacino having a mother (Yolanda Nardella) the same name as the wife of Louis Bombacino Sr according to this file: https://mafiahistory.us/rattrap/infbombacino.html
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Antiliar wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:59 pm It was contributed by a reader who has knowledge on the Outfit and has a sense of humor. Must be someone we know from here, gangsterbb, reddit, or Facebook.
The article is very funny, and knowing who the hell Nicholas Guzzino is is impressively obscure knowledge that goes beyond what one normally can read about the Outfit in mainstream newspapers. Needs a Carparelli reference/joke though. :lol:
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:12 am

Correct, the Louis Bombacino who worked as a juice collector for Frank Calabrese was a couple of years older than the one from the obituary here (who was CW Louis Bombiaco's son, Louis Clement Bombacino, just not the loan collector), and was the son of the elder Louis's older brother Tony Bombacino and Frieda "Rita" Albano, sister of close Paul Ricca associate Eugene Albano. Tony Bombacino ran the Albano's Bakery location at Taylor and Western with his wife.

https://theblackhand.club/forum/viewtop ... no#p226432
Ed
Straightened out

Post by Ed »

img.jpeg
As everyone here knows, on February 25, 1929, twelve-year-old Charles Nicoletti shot and killed his father in self-defence. Less well known was nine years earlier, another Chicago teenager named Nicoletti killed his father for a similar reason.

On October 23, 1920, eighteen-year-old Emilio Nicoletti killed Alessandro Nicoletti in the family home at 945 West Ohio Street. Emilio admitted to police that he shot his father, a coal dealer, twice in the temple as he slept in bed after witnessing his father beat up his mother earlier in the evening. According to the family, Alessandro had a history of terrorizing them, and his recent behaviour had become unbearable.

A coroner's jury immediately exonerated Emilio determining the killing was justified. However, a day later, he was rearrested for murder. What happened next is unclear, but it appears the charges were dropped again.

I didn't find any apparent familial connection between Emilio and Charles. I think Emilio's family immigrated to Chicago from the Italian mainland via Pennsylvania, while Charles' family immigrated to Chicago from Sicily. But I could be mistaken.

Emilio and Charles grew up about 3 miles apart, and Emilio was fourteen years older. So unless they were blood relatives, Charles probably wouldn't have read or heard anything about the other case. And as far as I can tell, law enforcement never connected them.

These two similar killings were likely just a bizarre coincidence. Still, if it turned out Emilio and Charles were relatives, and Charles knew about the earlier killing, his motivation for killing his father may have to be reevaluated.

Both individuals would go on to kill again. I believe the same Emilio robbed and beat a man to death in May 1923. And we all know Charles was the man on the grassy knoll who assassinated JFK.

From what I can tell, Emilio dropped off the radar and died in 1973, mourned by his wife and children.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ed wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:06 am img.jpegAs everyone here knows, on February 25, 1929, twelve-year-old Charles Nicoletti shot and killed his father in self-defence. Less well known was nine years earlier, another Chicago teenager named Nicoletti killed his father for a similar reason.

On October 23, 1920, eighteen-year-old Emilio Nicoletti killed Alessandro Nicoletti in the family home at 945 West Ohio Street. Emilio admitted to police that he shot his father, a coal dealer, twice in the temple as he slept in bed after witnessing his father beat up his mother earlier in the evening. According to the family, Alessandro had a history of terrorizing them, and his recent behaviour had become unbearable.

A coroner's jury immediately exonerated Emilio determining the killing was justified. However, a day later, he was rearrested for murder. What happened next is unclear, but it appears the charges were dropped again.

I didn't find any apparent familial connection between Emilio and Charles. I think Emilio's family immigrated to Chicago from the Italian mainland via Pennsylvania, while Charles' family immigrated to Chicago from Sicily. But I could be mistaken.

Emilio and Charles grew up about 3 miles apart, and Emilio was fourteen years older. So unless they were blood relatives, Charles probably wouldn't have read or heard anything about the other case. And as far as I can tell, law enforcement never connected them.

These two similar killings were likely just a bizarre coincidence. Still, if it turned out Emilio and Charles were relatives, and Charles knew about the earlier killing, his motivation for killing his father may have to be reevaluated.

Both individuals would go on to kill again. I believe the same Emilio robbed and beat a man to death in May 1923. And we all know Charles was the man on the grassy knoll who assassinated JFK.

From what I can tell, Emilio dropped off the radar and died in 1973, mourned by his wife and children.
Cool find, thanks for posting, Ed. The shared surname, in this case, is a coincidence, the only linking factor being the serious issues with domestic abuse and violence in both communities in those days (the Grand Ave Patch, where Emilio Nicoletti lived, and the Taylor St Patch, where Chuckie Nicoletti grew up). Chuck Nicoletti's parents were from Santa Caterina Villarmosa, Caltanissetta, while the parents of Emilio Nicoletti -- Alessandro Nicoletti and Antonia Ungaro -- were from Santo Stefano di Rogliano, Cosenza province, Calabria.

SSR is near towns like Belsito and Piane Crati which produced other Chicago mafia affiliates, as there is a ton of Cosentini in Chicago in general. While I know of no mafiosi in Chicago who were from SSR, it is very interesting to note that Philadelphia member Frank Nicoletti was from SSR. I didn't find any direct relation between Frank Nicoletti and Emilio's father Alessandro, but the Nicoletti surname is common in SSR and Cosenza in general, so there may not be a close connection. As you note, Emilio himself was born in Johnstown and the family lived in PA before relocating to Chicago, though so far as I can tell Frank Nicoletti immigrated to Philly and remained there his whole life.
Ed
Straightened out

Post by Ed »

Thanks Tony. I knew you'd be the guy to expose any potential relationship between them.