General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Angelo lonoardo actually testified there was a "west coast commision" as well if i remember correctly

Use to have REAL DEAL FORUM debates about whether there was a actual commission or Chicago just ran it all.
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Angelo lonoardo actually testified there was a "west coast commision" as well if i remember correctly

Use to have REAL DEAL FORUM debates about whether there was a actual commission or Chicago just ran it all.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 8:18 pm Angelo lonoardo actually testified there was a "west coast commision" as well if i remember correctly

Lonardo claimed that Chicago had its own “Commission” which handled all of the Families west of Cleveland. Given that we have no other evidence to support taking this claim at apparent face value, my interpretation is that is that as Avugad, Chicago probably mediated affairs for many of these Families unless an issue was serious enough that it had to go to the Commission, or if there was an issue that involved one of these Families and an East Coast Family.

As a reminder, here is what Lonardo said during his testimony to the Senate in 1988:
“There is a separate Commission in Chicago. Chicago has control of all of the Western families, including Detroit. The Chicago Commission makes and enforces the rules for those families and settles inter-family "beefs." If there was a beef or problem that included New York families with Chicago on Chicago-controlled families, that dispute would be settled by members of both Commissions having a sit-down and working out the dispute.”
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

PolackTony wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:44 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 8:18 pm Angelo lonoardo actually testified there was a "west coast commision" as well if i remember correctly

Lonardo claimed that Chicago had its own “Commission” which handled all of the Families west of Cleveland. Given that we have no other evidence to support taking this claim at apparent face value, my interpretation is that is that as Avugad, Chicago probably mediated affairs for many of these Families unless an issue was serious enough that it had to go to the Commission, or if there was an issue that involved one of these Families and an East Coast Family.

As a reminder, here is what Lonardo said during his testimony to the Senate in 1988:
“There is a separate Commission in Chicago. Chicago has control of all of the Western families, including Detroit. The Chicago Commission makes and enforces the rules for those families and settles inter-family "beefs." If there was a beef or problem that included New York families with Chicago on Chicago-controlled families, that dispute would be settled by members of both Commissions having a sit-down and working out the dispute.”
Interesting to see him say Detroit ....

Detroit held a seat on the commission when zerilli was boss.. And interesting as well bc licavoli was originally from Detroit so you would think Lonoardo knew that....
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:04 pm
PolackTony wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:44 am

Interesting to see him say Detroit ....

Detroit held a seat on the commission when zerilli was boss.. And interesting as well bc licavoli was originally from Detroit so you would think Lonoardo knew that....
He was referring to the situation at the time that he flipped presumably, in 1983. By then Detroit no longer had a Commission seat.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Sullycantwell
Straightened out

Post by Sullycantwell »

Is it known what Magaddino is talking about here? It seems it may be about Joe Bonanno.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bontade
Straightened out

Post by Bontade »

Any details of Giovanni Ligammari and Pietro "Peter" Ligammari from the Bonanno family, why did they commit suicide in 1999?
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Bontade wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:23 am Any details of Giovanni Ligammari and Pietro "Peter" Ligammari from the Bonanno family, why did they commit suicide in 1999?
Personally, I don't think they committed suicide.

Check out the posts in the following forum threads:

https://theblackhand.club/forum/viewtop ... ri#p256017

https://theblackhand.club/forum/viewtop ... ri#p255716

https://theblackhand.club/forum/viewtop ... ri#p255713

https://theblackhand.club/forum/viewtop ... ri#p255683

https://theblackhand.club/forum/viewtop ... ari#p96090
Bontade
Straightened out

Post by Bontade »

Thanks
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

So just a random observation that isn't worth it's own thread. I was listening to a podcast that isn't mob-related in any way, it's called the Coliseum Chronicles. It's a hockey show hosted by a guy named Joe Lozito and while the name probably doesn't ring a bell a lot of you might remember him as the guy who stopped the maniac on the NYC subway who was stabbing random people about a decade ago, and Lozito ended up suing the NYPD (and losing) when some cowardly pigs on the subway hid from the murderer and let Joe handle him and almost get killed in the process. He lost because cops don't actually have any obligation to protect the people. He has an episode where he tells the story in great detail. Other than that the show is him interviewing guys who played the tough guy role for the Islanders (or their minor league affiliates) and while hockey players are infamous for being bland interviews he actually gets some good stuff out of these guys.

Anyway all that to say, he's interviewing a younger guy from Long Island named Jimmy Mazza who plays in the ECHL and the very first question he asks him is "are you related to Larry Mazza?" And Jimmy responds "Larry Mazza of the Mafia? No, we're not related to that guy, he's a rat anyway". I couldn't believe it, I didn't think that anybody besides the types of "mobwatchers" who post on here knew who he is. I know that Larry Mazza has done some interviews but have they broken into the mainstream? Has he been on cable TV? Most people I know couldn't name any mobster outside of John Gotti or Al Capone.
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

So did Massino establish the Bronx faction of the Bonanno family or was that already in existence?
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Etna wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:43 pm So did Massino establish the Bronx faction of the Bonanno family or was that already in existence?
It already existed. When Massino came home from prison in 1992 he just made Patty DeFilippo captain of the Bronx crew, then later promoted Vinny Basciano to captain of his own crew.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

The Bronx faction started out as part of Carmine Galante's massive decina that included members throughout NYC, NJ, Upstate NY (DiCocco), and Canada.
heve23
Prospect

Post by heve23 »

Were the Melrose Park and Cicero crews were the same crew? Like how the Chinatown crew was also known as the 26th street crew?
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

Hired_Goonz wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:32 pm Anyway all that to say, he's interviewing a younger guy from Long Island named Jimmy Mazza who plays in the ECHL and the very first question he asks him is "are you related to Larry Mazza?" And Jimmy responds "Larry Mazza of the Mafia? No, we're not related to that guy, he's a rat anyway". I couldn't believe it, I didn't think that anybody besides the types of "mobwatchers" who post on here knew who he is. I know that Larry Mazza has done some interviews but have they broken into the mainstream? Has he been on cable TV? Most people I know couldn't name any mobster outside of John Gotti or Al Capone.
The guy is from Long Island and has the same last name, so I’d guess he’s been asked the question before. I’d be more surprised if his last name was Smith and if he was from Nebraska.

Or, maybe he caught Larry Mazza on Vladtv or something.