Louis Mannochio (informant?)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pmac2
Full Patched

Re: Louis Mannochio (informant?)

Post by Pmac2 »

Crazy he's still alive. I would imagine when he dies it would being the whole new england family together. He helped stabilize them in the 90tys into the 00s. Inducted big cheese and his brother. I think him and Ray Jr didn't get along. Maybe even shelved him
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Pmac2 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 6:49 am Crazy he's still alive. I would imagine when he dies it would being the whole new england family together. He helped stabilize them in the 90tys into the 00s. Inducted big cheese and his brother. I think him and Ray Jr didn't get along. Maybe even shelved him
I think that it was during Deluca's testimony in the Salemme trial that Ray Jr paid Kevin Hanrahan to murder Salemme and Baby Shacks?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

CornerBoy wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:21 am
PolackTony wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:32 pm
CornerBoy wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:43 am More drop info than don't. Louie baby whatever the fuck was on lam in some of the best ski destinations in the world in switzerland, austria, france and Chicago
Did you mean to write something else? Chicago is flat as a pancake (it was original part of the lake bed of what is now Lake Michigan) and the closest thing even remotely resembling a “ski destination” of any sort is probably in Northern Michigan (and those are nothing to write home about).
bad grammar on my part, bud. He was skiing in Switzerland, Austriaand the better ski areas of France. In addition, he was also in Chicago and I think maybe NYC. Sorry for the confusion. Yeah, no real skiing to speak of in Chitown LOLOL
The only “skiing” anyone does in Chicago is with a different kind of “snow” lol.

B also posted above that Manocchio was hiding out in NYC for a bit. Do you know what the source was for him being in Chicago as well?
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

PolackTony wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:55 am
CornerBoy wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:43 am More drop info than don't. Louie baby whatever the fuck was on lam in some of the best ski destinations in the world in switzerland, austria, france and Chicago
Did you mean to write something else? Chicago is flat as a pancake (it was original part of the lake bed of what is now Lake Michigan) and the closest thing even remotely resembling a “ski destination” of any sort is probably in Northern Michigan (and those are nothing to write home about).
bad grammar on my part, bud. He was skiing in Switzerland, Austriaand the better ski areas of France. In addition, he was also in Chicago and I think maybe NYC. Sorry for the confusion. Yeah, no real skiing to speak of in Chitown LOLOL
The only “skiing” anyone does in Chicago is with a different kind of “snow” lol.

B also posted above that Manocchio was hiding out in NYC for a bit. Do you know what the source was for him being in Chicago as well?
Is this the source that you are looking for about Manocchio being in Chicago?
https://www.archives.gov/files/research ... 293776.pdf
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

davidf1989 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 4:53 pm

Thanks, I haven’t seen this file before. So a CI told them that Manocchio was in Chicago with Max Inserra. Seems like the Aiuppa crew had connections with NE along with ties to Buffalo and STL.
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

PolackTony wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 6:26 pm
davidf1989 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 4:53 pm

Thanks, I haven’t seen this file before. So a CI told them that Manocchio was in Chicago with Max Inserra. Seems like the Aiuppa crew had connections with NE along with ties to Buffalo and STL.
Thanks for your reply and was Max Inserra a member of the Aiuppa's crew? also what do you make of this report https://www.archives.gov/files/research ... 291514.pdf it mentions Frank Salemme's brother being in touch with Manocchio.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

It says too that Max Inserro used to live in Providence.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

B. wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:04 pm It says too that Max Inserro used to live in Providence.
I was going to comment on this also, as it was news to me. But it looks like Max Inserro was indeed in Providence for a time and was even pinched with Manocchio there in 1952:

I have no idea what led him to Providence, as I haven’t seen any links there with him or his family, but clearly there was something.
davidf1989 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:18 pm Thanks for your reply and was Max Inserra a member of the Aiuppa's crew? also what do you make of this report https://www.archives.gov/files/research ... 291514.pdf it mentions Frank Salemme's brother being in touch with Manocchio.
We don’t know if Max Inserro was ever made. He may have been, but he seems to have at least been an associate with the Aiuppa crew. So far as we know, both of his older brothers, Mariano “Joe” and Vincent Inserro (they also spelled it Inserra), were both made and soldiers in the Aiuppa crew. All three brothers were born in STL and moved to Chicago as teenagers.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Here’s the photos from the 1952 robbery in Providence. This is definitely the same Max Inserro from Chicago (the right age and strongly resembles his brother Vincent):

CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Hi Tone I believe it was on a mary ferell link from this site OR MORE LIKELY FROM A PODCAST CALLED DOUBLE DEAL that is fairly good if one has a bit of exxtra time. its two women, one of fwhom was related to some irish wiseguy from wimpy bennet days. anyone know who she is?

Also, Tony - pls do more on mob arch from the 70's and 80's!
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

CornerBoy wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 5:32 am

Hi Tone I believe it was on a mary ferell link from this site OR MORE LIKELY FROM A PODCAST CALLED DOUBLE DEAL that is fairly good if one has a bit of exxtra time. its two women, one of fwhom was related to some irish wiseguy from wimpy bennet days. anyone know who she is?

One of the women who runs the Double deal podcast is the daughter of Richard Chicofsky , a mob associate bank robber from the 70s era.
Here is an informant report from Chicofsky about Pro Lerner and Manocchio below to Paul Rico

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... =Chicofsky
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

CornerBoy wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 5:32 am

Haven’t checked out the Double Deal podcast, will do, thanks.

Hey, you mean more Chicago stuff from the 70s/80s for Mob Archs, or more stuff in general for that era? Don’t know if you already checked it out, but we had an episode on Chicago during the Aiuppa era, as well as the recent Philly episode that Eric and Angelo did, which spanned eras.
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

HI and what do people make of this article about an explosion at the house of Manocchio's brother and could it be mob related? https://www.newspapers.com/article/dail ... 125062618/

Also according to this court filing about the Salemme case a FBI agent said that Manocchio guessed that Mercurio was an informant https://casetext.com/case/us-v-salemme-6 so it looks like Manocchio correctly guessed who were the informants such as Mercurio and Flemmi. Was it just a lucky guess or something else?
Last edited by davidf1989 on Sun May 21, 2023 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Browniety86 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:23 am How was Frank Sr viewed by the other families being of half Irish decent. I believe I read the Gambinos sent capo Big Chris Richichi to meet with him in 91, so they must have recognized him as boss.
i think he's only a quarter italian
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

CornerBoy wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 6:27 am
Browniety86 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:23 am How was Frank Sr viewed by the other families being of half Irish decent. I believe I read the Gambinos sent capo Big Chris Richichi to meet with him in 91, so they must have recognized him as boss.
i think he's only a quarter italian
Here's an article about Frank Salemme's background which include his parents https://mafiahistory.us/a047/f_salemme.html it looks like that his mom was Irish and his dad was Italian.