General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:54 pm The CIs in the article are interesting. One was busted for extortion recently and the other has been giving information for 30 years. Other seemed like drug addicts. Anyone have any idea who they could be?
I was trying to think through possibilities myself. Couldn't think of any obvious candidates offhand, but there could be plenty.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: Ken Eto Article - NEW

Post by PolackTony »

MightyDR wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:40 pm Has anyone read the book by Elaine Smith?
Yeah. I didn't find that it really gave much insight beyond what is already in Eto's files and in his court testimony.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:59 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:54 pm The CIs in the article are interesting. One was busted for extortion recently and the other has been giving information for 30 years. Other seemed like drug addicts. Anyone have any idea who they could be?
I was trying to think through possibilities myself. Couldn't think of any obvious candidates offhand, but there could be plenty.
Here is the breakdown of some of the CIs. Interesting that CI-7 started cooperating in 2011 and connected John Matassa to the Outfit. C1-7 was convicted of extortion and admitted using drugs. Carparelli?? That’s the only one that comes close to me but maybe the two guys that ratted Paulie out, Brown and Izzo. Mostly everyone has Matassa as inactive at this point. Possibly he really is not. CI-1 is obviously a prostitute and is not relevant to the conversation. The other that catches my eye is CI-6 who I think is one of the two three that was named in the Chuck Goudie report. Whoever that is I have no idea.

CI-9 has many arrests, including arrests for drug possession and driving with a suspended license.

CI-8, who tied Anthony Dote to the Outfit's Elmwood Park crew's bookmaking activities and tied Marco Damico and his nephew Angelo Damico to Outfit-associated bookmaking operations, provided corroborated, reliable information to the FBI from approximately 2009 until approximately November of 2014, when the FBI closed him/her as a source; he/she has convictions for larceny, and burglary, id. at nn.21, 26. Agent Anderson's May affidavit also provides similar background information for CI-3

CI-7, who provided independently corroborated, reliable information linking John Matassa to the Outfit, has been cooperating with the government since approximately August of 2011, was previously charged with multiple extortion offenses and pled guilty to extortion, admitted to using illegal drugs (including marijuana and cocaine) throughout the course of his cooperation, and received approximately $7,543.17, as well as a reduced sentence, based upon his cooperation

CI-6, who has reliably claimed to be personally acquainted with numerous top members of the Chicago Outfit and to have participated in major criminal activities, has been providing reliable, trustworthy information to the FBI concerning the Chicago Outfit for more than 30 years, which has led to the identification and conviction of Chicago Outfit members; he/she has felony convictions and has been paid approximately $100,261 for information he/she provided

CI-1 had been interviewed on three occasions in connection with the prostitution-related investigation and found to be credible, based upon other corroborating information gathered during the course of the investigation; he also indicates that CI-1 had a prior theft conviction, was believed to be engaged in prostitution when he/she provided information to the FBI and continued to be engaged in prostitution after he/she stopped serving as an FBI source, worked for Nesbitt's business until 2014, and reported that Gagliano served as Nesbitt's “Chicago Outfit connection.”

Thought this background info on Gags and Dote was interesting. Gags really had his hands in everything. Extortion, gambling, loansharking, prostitution and burglary. In regards to Dote, this is not surprising to me. I heard he was still booking as recently as 3 years ago.

Gary Gagliano is associated with the Chicago Outfit's Elmwood Park Street Crew, [74-3] ¶ 11; he represents that source information gathered by the FBI in the 1990s showed that Gagliano was giving out juice money for known members of the crew and making juice loans, and that he was a “top lieutenant” in the crew who oversaw a burglary group for the crew. [74-3] ¶¶ 25-28. Source information also showed that Anthony Dote, who pled guilty in 1995 and again in 2001 to racketeering conspiracy and operating an illegal gambling business, was also a racketeering participant, serving as a bookmaker and running Outfit crew activities for Marco Damico,
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

PolackTony wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:02 pm
MightyDR wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:40 pm Has anyone read the book by Elaine Smith?
Yeah. I didn't find that it really gave much insight beyond what is already in Eto's files and in his court testimony.
That's the challenge of writing a book though... right?
Putting all this information in a format that is consumable by the average Joe, and if possible, entertaining as well. It's similar to writing a great, engaging speech, vs a boring one, chocked full of info and details.

Think about it... you could easily have a newspaper section titled "Criminal" or "Jucicial", with all the arrests, indictments, everything all the data listed for public consumption but that would be an inconceivably boring read, right? This is why we get articles with headlines....

Take this Eto article. It probably doesn't add anything new either that wasn't in the files or transcripts, but it reads damn near like a screenplay. You feel like you are in the car going to the hit.

This is what an Anna Sergi will struggle with. Presenting information in ways thst draw people in.

Saviano isn't famous for being the BEST researcher. He got on a stage in Casale di Principe and basically said Fuck the Casalesi and people admired and respected the boldness. And the writing in his book is pretty colorful, full of metaphor. It's entertaining. AND informative.

Thsts the challenge..
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Coloboy wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:02 pm Pretty hard to argue that the Elmwood Park crew is defunct based on that.
Scott had an interesting article on the state of Elmwood park a couple months ago.

According to his sources, Fratto is the boss there, his soldiers are Dote, Abbinati, and Mitria (who are apparently made) and Fratto has a lot of younger guys (none of whom have been made yet) around him in their 30s~50s who are into computer and white-collar stuff.

The sources also tell him that the crew will be rolled into the Cicero crew when Fratto finally retires.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

M. D'Amico Cowered to this Lawyer?

Post by outfit guy »

Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Ivan wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 2:09 am
Coloboy wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:02 pm Pretty hard to argue that the Elmwood Park crew is defunct based on that.
Scott had an interesting article on the state of Elmwood park a couple months ago.

According to his sources, Fratto is the boss there, his soldiers are Dote, Abbinati, and Mitria (who are apparently made) and Fratto has a lot of younger guys (none of whom have been made yet) around him in their 30s~50s who are into computer and white-collar stuff.

The sources also tell him that the crew will be rolled into the Cicero crew when Fratto finally retires.
I guess it would make sense since Fratto is a EP guy and is definitely made. But I will say this, he’s not in Dote’s company from what I have seen which is smart if it’s on purpose.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Holy shit Patrick that is a hell of a find. Thanks buddy, ive said for years that I just couldn't believe EP was defunct. I know Ant had Mags telling him that as i recall, but I honestly think Mike has been passing along disinformation for years.

Also breaks the idea that Gary Gags is retired, he was specifically mentioned by Mags as a serious guy on one of Fosco's videos a few years ago.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

I've looked up the Dungeon's owner in the past, I dont recall the guys name but the City of Chicago's records show he lives in....wait for it...Elmwood Park. Also, wasn't Cassano busted a few years back for extortion? Another "not outfit linked" bust that appears to be linked.
MightyDR
Straightened out

Post by MightyDR »

PolackTony wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:02 pm
Thanks PolackTony
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Gonna need an episode on this mob archaeologist fellas lol
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Sorry to continue posting, but did anyone know about Marco's nephew Angelo D'Amico? First im hearing of him as an associate. So many nuggets in this.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

funkster wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 4:41 pm Sorry to continue posting, but did anyone know about Marco's nephew Angelo D'Amico? First im hearing of him as an associate.
It's starting to look like there's maybe something to all of Scott's stories from his sources about how the next generation (with a lot of familiar last names) is being groomed for a passing of the torch.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Ivan wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 6:02 pm
funkster wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 4:41 pm Sorry to continue posting, but did anyone know about Marco's nephew Angelo D'Amico? First im hearing of him as an associate.
It's starting to look like there's maybe something to all of Scott's stories from his sources about how the next generation (with a lot of familiar last names) is being groomed for a passing of the torch.
As usual, we only scratch the surface with a lot of this stuff.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

funkster wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 4:19 pm Gonna need an episode on this mob archaeologist fellas lol
Ha, we will probably get up to at least the late nineties on the next Chicago episode, but I'm not sure we will be able to go much further than that. Just not enough information out there yet to draw definitive conclusions. At least that's how I feel, anyway. I know we have Family Secrets but that was really a 70s/80s case. TMA is really more about the historical stuff anyway, so present-day stuff would be out of scope.