General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Patrickgold
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:16 am
chicagodog wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:55 am
PolackTony wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:17 am
chicagodog wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:34 pm PolackTony who’s Spina’s driver these days, I seen him up at Salerno’s couple of times. He was with Spina the night Aberdeen got shot yo.
I just want to be clear here that I am NOT Christy Spina’s driver lol. In fact, I was in the Bronx, NY, on the night that a guy got shot in front of the Aberdeen Tap and nowhere near Chicago. Not sure if this was a typo or referring to someone else, or what, but I have no affiliation whatsoever with any of the Spinas.
Apologizes on the spelling issues I use mobile. I know you grew up in the neighborhood and may know who Chris Spina’s driver is? Aberdeen was shot up by some idiot and it was not mafia related (watching the video it was lucky someone didn’t get killed).
Of course, no worries, bro.

I have no idea who Spina is running around with today. Patrick might have an idea, as he’s run across Spina out in the burbs.
Not really sure who his driver is or if he even has one. He was known as a driver so it’s funny that people now are asking who his driver is now. He hangs out at Lisa’s Club Cabaret, Carmines in Rosemont and a couple gambling cafes. Is usually in the company of DeLeo, Dote and a couple other guys.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Been reading through nicks testimony again, i thought we'd figured out which restaurant they were made at but cant remember..anyone?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

funkster wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 6:44 pm Been reading through nicks testimony again, i thought we'd figured out which restaurant they were made at but cant remember..anyone?
Tony made a guess, but I can't remember what he said. Maybe the place where the Last Supper photo was taken?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

I believe that the 1983 ceremony was very likely held at the Villa Mar-Fredo restaurant in Hillside:

viewtopic.php?p=236179#p236179

Not the same place as the ‘76 meeting, which was at the Sicily Restaurant on Harlem Ave, though both were run by Sicilian immigrants.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
chicagodog
On Record

Post by chicagodog »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:55 pm
chicagodog wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:34 pm PolackTony who’s Spina’s driver these days, I seen him up at Salerno’s couple of times. He was with Spina the night Aberdeen got shot yo.
I just want to be clear here that I am NOT Christy Spina’s driver lol. In fact, I was in the Bronx, NY, on the night that a guy got shot in front of the Aberdeen Tap and nowhere near Chicago. Not sure if this was a typo or referring to someone else, or what, but I have no affiliation whatsoever with any of the Spinas.
Apologizes on the spelling issues I use mobile. I know you grew up in the neighborhood and may know who Chris Spina’s driver is? Aberdeen was shot up by some idiot and it was not mafia related (watching the video it was lucky someone didn’t get killed).

I have no idea who Spina is running around with today. Patrick might have an idea, as he’s run across Spina out in the burbs.
Not really sure who his driver is or if he even has one. He was known as a driver so it’s funny that people now are asking who his driver is now. He hangs out at Lisa’s Club Cabaret, Carmines in Rosemont and a couple gambling cafes. Is usually in the company of DeLeo, Dote and a couple other guys.

Whenever he shows up at Aberdeen he has a younger guy driving him. Don’t know if it’s his driver per se. Do none of the Grand Ave guys hang around the neighborhood anymore? I see one of the Cozzo’s up at Salerno’s all the time with his buddies.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

chicagodog wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:46 am
Patrickgold wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:55 pm

Whenever he shows up at Aberdeen he has a younger guy driving him. Don’t know if it’s his driver per se. Do none of the Grand Ave guys hang around the neighborhood anymore? I see one of the Cozzo’s up at Salerno’s all the time with his buddies.
I have seen some younger guys with him at Lisa’s club cabaret but I wouldn’t know who is driver is bc I have only seen him inside and not driving. I think they still hang out at Vinny’s subs and the hardware store. I heard at least Spina still goes in there. But Mike Swiatek died so maybe people stopped going. A bunch of the Grand Ave and Elmwood Park guys meet every Thursday in Rosemont. Spina is usually in that group.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Rosemont has been a stomping ground for guys in those crews for a long time. I will never forget a business associate of mine going to a meeting with some City of Rosemont officials and he said talking to them felt like being in an episode of the Sopranos lol.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:17 am Wasn't Frank Schweihs also involved with Chiaramonte right up until he was gunned down? He was with Grand Ave/Northside and kind of interesting he was in the mix with Melrose Park guys - I believe reading that they had a verbal altercation where Schweihs almost hit him.
ffrom skimming ffor a few min, this schwies seems like he was scary and deadly as mofo

Was he as bad as Roy Demao?

Obviously far sicker and deadly than Joe Watts. His daughter is built like.......... built like an athlete let's say but LAurene the "party host" was a boomer
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

I think Demeo's distinction was he and his crew took serial killer like pleasure in killing and torture, not sure that was the case with Schweis. At least not to that documented extent anyway.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Back to the Hatch hit. Wasnt he also shaking down one of the Daddinos? Rudy Fratto brought this up to the administration. I bwlieve this was said by Fosco.
PaddyWhack
Straightened out

Post by PaddyWhack »

Jarrett said he once asked reputed mob figure Nicholas Ferriola who was responsible for his father's death. Ferriola, who has pleaded guilty as part of the Family Secrets prosecution, brought players to the gambling operation, he said.

According to Jarrett, Ferriola told him that Johnny "Apes" Monteleone ordered his father's hit. Nicholas Calabrese had testified that Monteleone took over as boss of the Outfit's 26th Street crew after the deaths of brothers Angelo LaPietra and Jimmy LaPietra in the 1990s. "He told me that my dad had a problem with Johnny 'Apes,'" Jarrett testified.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Scott's sources are telling him that one of the Lake Mead bodies is almost certainly, and about to be ID'd as, John "Johnny Pappas" Panagiotakos, and the authorities are looking at the ancient Paulie Schiro for this as he was in Vegas all summer in 1976, the same summer Johnny Pappas disappeared.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Going to be difficult for the feds to link him to that without something like DNA or a cooperator, doubt there's any DNA after all this time.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

So has the Outfit ever done anything in Elgin, Illinois? Was wondering if there is any Elgin/Outfit connection (I have a ladyfriend there and I want to torture her with Elgin mob trivia lol). Vena lives there, right? Any other connections/rackets/etc.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
SonnyC
Straightened out

Post by SonnyC »

[/quote]

Another thing to think about with the Chiaramonte hit. As Snakes already noted, we don’t know for sure if the Carlisi and Ferriola crews had been merged by this point. The guy that I know who was an associate who worked with Cicero guys during this period told me that “Big Mike” was the “boss of Taylor St/Cicero” in this period, but didn’t know anything about Marcello or Tornabene.
[/quote]

Interesting bit of info on "Big Mike". I was still living in the neighborhood then (Taylor Street) and the general feeling was that Blackie Pesoli ran the neighborhood from the old Survivor's Club.