Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TommyGambino
Full Patched

Re: Mafia killer must pay child support for baby born while on life sentence

Post by TommyGambino »

Nearly 4 grand a month 😂 whore needs to get a job
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

Tonyd621 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:56 am How does he get a life sentence for a murder? I swear I have seen multiple other guys like him involved in OC in Canada get less then that
He and other man hired a hitman for kill Raposo and take his 200 kg of cocaine. He wasnt the shooter so why he get so harsh sentence? Maybe because wasnt his first sentence.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

First and second degree murder is a mandatory life sentence, whether you pulled the trigger or not you can still be convicted. The difference between the two is the amount of time you must serve before being eligible for parole, which is 25 years for first degree and 10 years for second degree.

In a lot of OC related cases guys are charged with conspiracy instead of the actual murder and that is why a lot of times they get lesser sentences.
antimafia
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by antimafia »

Cross-posting -- see https://theblackhand.club/forum/viewtop ... 69#p259969.

The Dean Costanza Homicide: Six Degrees of Separation in the Underworld
https://www.insidehalton.com/opinion/th ... 3e707.html
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

TommyGambino wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:48 am Nearly 4 grand a month 😂 whore needs to get a job
Well in US dollars that's $33,000 a year. Kids cost money. Hard to work full-time and watch a kid. Full time child care alone could be half that so she can work. Then there's housing, food, clothes......
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Adam wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:28 am
TommyGambino wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:48 am Nearly 4 grand a month 😂 whore needs to get a job
Well in US dollars that's $33,000 a year. Kids cost money. Hard to work full-time and watch a kid. Full time child care alone could be half that so she can work. Then there's housing, food, clothes......
I didn't realize the exchange rate between CAD and USD was that crazy. I was about to say "it's closer to $50k a year" until I saw you said "In US dollars" lol

I do agree with your point though. On top of that, this was planned - it's not like they randomly met one night and she popped back up with a kid later on that he wouldn't acknowledge.

But - looking at the monthly expenses she is claiming, it is funny that she's admitting to spending almost as much on clothes (for herself, children's clothes were itemized separately), flowers, and gifts as she's spending on paying down her debts.
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

newera_212 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:27 pm
I didn't realize the exchange rate between CAD and USD was that crazy. I was about to say "it's closer to $50k a year" until I saw you said "In US dollars" lol

I do agree with your point though. On top of that, this was planned - it's not like they randomly met one night and she popped back up with a kid later on that he wouldn't acknowledge.

But - looking at the monthly expenses she is claiming, it is funny that she's admitting to spending almost as much on clothes (for herself, children's clothes were itemized separately), flowers, and gifts as she's spending on paying down her debts.
Yeah, I wasn't really talking about this particular situation(which is pretty fucked up). I mean you plan to have a kid with a guy who's in jail......there's some weird issues there to start with so I imagine her own justification is pretty fucked up. But just in general, the $33,000 a year is high, but not ridiculous if you break down how much those damn kids cost. :D
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

antimafia wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:03 am
antimafia wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:04 pmSearch for Wanted Person Daniel Tomasetti Continues
https://hamiltonpolice.on.ca/news/searc ... continues/

-----

This release coincides with the sixth anniversary of the murder of Mila Barberi in Woodbridge, Ontario, where she was shot and killed instead of the intended target, Saverio Serrano.

Here's the link to the York Regional Police release:

https://www.yrp.ca/en/Modules/News/inde ... 63a54202a3
Man wanted in murder of mobster Angelo Musitano still on the run
https://www.thespec.com/news/crime/2023 ... e-run.html

Hamilton man accused in mob murders still on the run 6 years later
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton ... -1.6778124

Police restate $50K reward in search for Tomassetti on anniversary of Barberi murder in Vaughan
https://globalnews.ca/news/9549834/poli ... y-vaughan/
Hamilton suspect in murders of Angelo Musitano, Mila Barberi makes Canada’s most wanted list
https://globalnews.ca/news/9664322/hami ... st-wanted/
———-
Side note: Rabih Alkhalil is no longer Canada’s most wanted man — he’s dropped to the second spot on the list of the top 25.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
Ancaster man wanted in murder of Angelo Musitano one of Canada’s top 25 fugitives
https://www.thespec.com/news/crime/2023 ... tives.html
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Former DEA agent and strip club owner should be tried together in federal case, judge says

A former federal agent accused of protecting drug dealers with ties to the local mob fears he can't get a fair trial if he has to stand trial together with a strip club owner facing a sex-trafficking count.

And the strip club owner worries he can't get a fair trial if jurors hear about the former agent's alleged ties to Italian organized crime.

The defense teams for Joseph Bongiovanni, the retired Drug Enforcement Administration agent and Peter Gerace Jr., the owner of Pharaoh’s Gentlemen’s Club in Cheektowaga, each sought separate trials.

But U.S. District Judge John L. Sinatra Jr. declined to sever the case, so the two men are scheduled to be tried together next month in U.S. District Court in Buffalo. The prosecution anticipates its case will take six to eight weeks and involve 100 witnesses or more.

Snip….

Peter’s attorney:
“There is no way this jury is going to be able to unhear the term Italian organized crime," Cohen said. "They're not going to unhear the term mafia. And they're also not going to be able to unhear the fact that Peter does have relatives who were involved in that. Peter himself was never involved in Italian organized crime. But he has relatives who likely were."

Snip...

A grand jury indictment against the former agent names Michael Masecchia, a former Buffalo schoolteacher described in court papers as a longtime drug dealer and member or associate of "Italian Organized Crime."

A year ago, Masecchia was sentenced to seven years in prison for trafficking more than a ton of marijuana into Buffalo and its suburbs over 20 years.

Masecchia was one of several local men targeted in a federal investigation into suspected organized crime activities. He told law enforcement officials that he and others in the drug trade had help from Bongiovanni, according to his plea agreement. He said Bongiovanni helped him and other drug traffickers avoid arrest by providing “law enforcement-sensitive information,” including the names of potential cooperating witnesses.

Bongiovanni is accused of blocking investigations into Masecchia and others he believed were tied to the local Mafia and, in return, receiving at least $250,000 in bribes, prosecutors say.

Snip…
Gerace's defense counsel argues that including in a joint trial charges against Bongiovanni that relate only to Bongiovanni's alleged conduct with Masecchia is improper.

Grand jury excerpts appended to a prosecution court filing show "outrageously prejudicial hearsay evidence admitted against Mr. Gerace," according to Gerace's legal team.

In a court filing, prosecutors for the U.S. Attorney's Office said their proof at trial will establish that Gerace has held himself out as being associated with Italian organized crime – or at least was aware that others believed he was.

"For example, one witness from Pharaohs testified in grand jury that she heard Gerace refer to himself as a member of 'the mafia,' " according to the prosecution's filing that urged against separating the cases."

For the whole article see: https://buffalonews.com/news/local/crim ... -top-story
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Adam wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:12 pm
newera_212 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:27 pm

Yeah, I wasn't really talking about this particular situation(which is pretty fucked up). I mean you plan to have a kid with a guy who's in jail......there's some weird issues there to start with so I imagine her own justification is pretty fucked up. But just in general, the $33,000 a year is high, but not ridiculous if you break down how much those damn kids cost. :D
Martino Caputo’s relatives have tried to talk some sense into his ex. CanLII cases online have documented that his brothers (Vito and Antonio) and a niece have spoken with the ex, all to no avail. It is unclear whether Antonio was calling from New York when he was contacting the ex. TBHF poster felice revealed here a number of years back that Antonio, while in New York, was working for the Gambino Family there.

What is clear is that Martino’s ex isn’t afraid of mobsters.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

antimafia wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:28 pm I didn’t think anything of the murder of Robert Khananisho that occurred last Friday night because of the victim’s name but I just found out earlier this evening, via some updated news stories, where he was killed: the Avellino Social Club located south of Steeles Avenue West and Islington Avenue, in the northwest part of North York and thus the northwest part of Toronto. Steeles Avenue is Toronto’s northern boundary. Immediately north of Steeles-Islington is Woodbridge (in Vaughan), the third Little Italy in the GTA.

I also now realize that an incident of gunshots fired at the end of March took place at this same plaza.

Toronto Police Service release:

https://www.tps.ca/media-centre/news-releases/55872/

Video accompanies the article below:

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/man-killed-i ... -1.6366733

The social club attracts non-Italian patrons too.
There might not be an Italian organized-crime angle to this, but the two incidents are worth looking into. (I’m not going to tweet about this, nor will I post on another OC forum/BB.) The 2015 shooting at the Siderno Group-connected Moka Café on Islington Ave. in Woodbridge happened 2 mi. (3.2 km) north of the Avellino Social Club.
Two suspects were arrested and charged this weekend. A third suspect remains outstanding. See below the link to the Toronto Police Service.

https://www.tps.ca/media-centre/news-releases/56014/

The victim's brother, Ronny, was into drug trafficking. These two brothers once owned a social club themselves, and the one involved in trafficking also once co-owned a sports bar. Older phone directories for municipalities in Toronto — it wasn’t always a city — establish that the Khananisho family, which has Assyrian ancestry, lived (still live?) in the neighbourhood where the Avellino Social Club is located. I also found out that this club’s current owner, based on his full name, very likely has ancestry from Campania.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Feds arrest woman expected to testify against strip club owner in upcoming trial
Dan Herbeck
May 6, 2023

A woman who is expected to testify in the upcoming federal trial of a Cheektowaga strip club owner was arrested this week on two misdemeanor drug charges.

Phlycia Hunt, 32, was arrested on drug possession charges filed by the FBI this week relating to two incidents in October 2021 and October 2022, the U.S. Attorney’s Office said in court papers made public Friday.

“These are drug possession charges for personal use. Her case has been put off until Wednesday of next week, and my top priority at this point is to help this woman get help and treatment for her drug problem,” said Fonda Kubiak, a federal public defender who represents Hunt.

Defense teams for Joseph Bongiovanni, a retired Drug Enforcement Administration agent and Peter Gerace Jr., owner of Pharaoh’s Gentlemen’s Club in Cheektowaga, each sought separate trials. After a district judge's ruling, the two men are scheduled to be tried together next month.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Jeremiah J. McCarthy arraigned Hunt on Friday and ordered her to be held in jail until the court appearance next week, Kubiak said....

For the rest of the article see: https://buffalonews.com/news/local/feds ... urce=login
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

antimafia wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:42 pm
antimafia wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:28 pm I didn’t think anything of the murder of Robert Khananisho that occurred last Friday night because of the victim’s name but I just found out earlier this evening, via some updated news stories, where he was killed: the Avellino Social Club located south of Steeles Avenue West and Islington Avenue, in the northwest part of North York and thus the northwest part of Toronto. Steeles Avenue is Toronto’s northern boundary. Immediately north of Steeles-Islington is Woodbridge (in Vaughan), the third Little Italy in the GTA.

I also now realize that an incident of gunshots fired at the end of March took place at this same plaza.

Toronto Police Service release:

https://www.tps.ca/media-centre/news-releases/55872/

Video accompanies the article below:

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/man-killed-i ... -1.6366733

The social club attracts non-Italian patrons too.
There might not be an Italian organized-crime angle to this, but the two incidents are worth looking into. (I’m not going to tweet about this, nor will I post on another OC forum/BB.) The 2015 shooting at the Siderno Group-connected Moka Café on Islington Ave. in Woodbridge happened 2 mi. (3.2 km) north of the Avellino Social Club.
Two suspects were arrested and charged this weekend. A third suspect remains outstanding. See below the link to the Toronto Police Service.

https://www.tps.ca/media-centre/news-releases/56014/

The victim's brother, Ronny, was into drug trafficking. These two brothers once owned a social club themselves, and the one involved in trafficking also once co-owned a sports bar. Older phone directories for municipalities in Toronto — it wasn’t always a city — establish that the Khananisho family, which has Assyrian ancestry, lived (still live?) in the neighbourhood where the Avellino Social Club is located. I also found out that this club’s current owner, based on his full name, very likely has ancestry from Campania.
Its owned by frank salvino. I have a great zio who goes to that bar frequently, the clientele is heavily italian. Rumour has it is was likely a gambling debt. Will be interesting to see if these kids roll on who sent them.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

alot of the older assyrian guys tend to gravitate around italians and other southern europeans