Who blew up the bronze doors of Frank Costello mausoleum?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: Who blew up the bronze doors of Frank Costello mausoleum

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

I'm talking about honour Pogo.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

A roomful of guys making fun of my wife and you're not gonna let me deal with this?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

if it was years ago would I even have to ask?
toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by toto »

The real question we need to discuss is if Joseph Merlino was in New York at that time would he have blow doors of Frank Costello mausoleum? Or you guys think he's just a toy gangster and he can't do such things even if he was in New York at that time.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

toto wrote:The real question we need to discuss is if Joseph Merlino was in New York at that time would he have blow doors of Frank Costello mausoleum? Or you guys think he's just a toy gangster and he can't do such things even if he was in New York at that time.
I heard that Galante had Sciascia bring over the "old timer" from Montreal to do the job for him.
Benny Squint
Associate

Post by Benny Squint »

Carmine Galante was a friend and admirer of Vito Genovese, hence his hatred of Frank Costello. Even though Galante was with the Bonannos, he murdered Carlo Tresca at the behest of Don Vitone, as a "favor" to Mussolini, whom he was looking to score points with while he hid out in Italy. Galante's major heroin conviction in the early 60's was an outsource of the same case that ensnared Genovese, dooming him to die in prison. Rumor has always had it that Frank Costello and Carlo Gambino played a major role in that whole escapade.
" Mook....What's a Mook ??? "
toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by toto »

Benny Squint wrote:Carmine Galante was a friend and admirer of Vito Genovese, hence his hatred of Frank Costello. Even though Galante was with the Bonannos, he murdered Carlo Tresca at the behest of Don Vitone, as a "favor" to Mussolini, whom he was looking to score points with while he hid out in Italy. Galante's major heroin conviction in the early 60's was an outsource of the same case that ensnared Genovese, dooming him to die in prison. Rumor has always had it that Frank Costello and Carlo Gambino played a major role in that whole escapade.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1469&p=23822&hilit=tresca#p23822
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

Benny Squint wrote:Carmine Galante was a friend and admirer of Vito Genovese, hence his hatred of Frank Costello. Even though Galante was with the Bonannos, he murdered Carlo Tresca at the behest of Don Vitone, as a "favor" to Mussolini, whom he was looking to score points with while he hid out in Italy. Galante's major heroin conviction in the early 60's was an outsource of the same case that ensnared Genovese, dooming him to die in prison. Rumor has always had it that Frank Costello and Carlo Gambino played a major role in that whole escapade.

Seeing the nature of this thread, not sure if this is a joke or not. But Galantes drug conviction was a NY/Montreal thing as Frank Cotroni was among those charged and sentenced with him. I dont believe there was much Genovese involvement in that. And the Tresca hit also had nothing to do with Vito Genovese or Mussolini.
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

I recently read Mafia Summit on the 57 meeting. From this book it seems Cigars was in jail his whole life until he was killed. Says before his drug conviction he got out after doing like 5 years and commited a murder the same day, was picked up a fews days later and spent like two years until the witness disappeared. Anyone have a time line for him?
I get it....first rule of fight club.