Gangland:2/4/16

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Gangland:2/4/16

Post by Wiseguy »

Considering how smart and cagey the guy is supposed to be, I imagine he's taken precautions as much as possible. I mean, when it comes to the mob, there isn't a bigger target for the feds than the boss of the Genovese family.
All roads lead to New York.
123JoeSchmo
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by 123JoeSchmo »

Just a purely observational point, Bellomo has aged quite a bit since the last photo's I've seen of him. Prison will do that to you I guess
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

123JoeSchmo wrote:Just a purely observational point, Bellomo has aged quite a bit since the last photo's I've seen of him. Prison will do that to you I guess
Or time will do that to you, he's nearly 60 now; not sure why he is some magical un aging being in some peoples eyes :oops:
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Or depressed after spouse died.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Camo wrote:
123JoeSchmo wrote:Just a purely observational point, Bellomo has aged quite a bit since the last photo's I've seen of him. Prison will do that to you I guess
Or time will do that to you, he's nearly 60 now; not sure why he is some magical un aging being in some peoples eyes :oops:
Exactly. He looks perfectly normal for a 59 year old. Even us men are over the hill at some point.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Apart from a BW pic with (what's his name?) the only other photo is from Bellomo's arrest in the 1990's. Unless you're Steve Martin or Richard Gere people generally look older after 20 years.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Chris Christie wrote:Apart from a BW pic with (what's his name?) the only other photo is from Bellomo's arrest in the 1990's. Unless you're Steve Martin or Richard Gere people generally look older after 20 years.
There's 4 different pictures of him from doing just a basic Google search including the one where's he's walking with that guy
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Chris Christie wrote:Apart from a BW pic with (what's his name?) the only other photo is from Bellomo's arrest in the 1990's. Unless you're Steve Martin or Richard Gere people generally look older after 20 years.
Or if you're LL Cool J or Denzel Washington or any other black man.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Lupara wrote:
Or if you're LL Cool J or Denzel Washington or any other black man.
Not Bill Cosby. In his younger days he was charcoal black, now he's light caramel with black liver spots. Looks like a Dalmatian.

Bellomo, from his face photo, looks healthy enough. Mediterranean diet most likely.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Chris Christie wrote:Not Bill Cosby. In his younger days he was charcoal black, now he's light caramel with black liver spots. Looks like a Dalmatian.

OK this cracked me up. :lol:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pete wrote:
There's 4 different pictures of him from doing just a basic Google search including the one where's he's walking with that guy
The other guy is Mickey Generoso who was acting underboss at the same time Bellomo was acting boss. They were both busted in that 1996 case.
All roads lead to New York.
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

Wiseguy wrote:
Pete wrote:
The other guy is Mickey Generoso who was acting underboss at the same time Bellomo was acting boss. They were both busted in that 1996 case.
Is Mickey Generoso still locked up?......Soliai
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

Mickey died just before Thanksgiving, Soliai.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

East Bronx wrote:Mickey died just before Thanksgiving, Soliai.
Nice to see you back. We had a brief Moe Tilden infestation while you were gone, but thankfully you were away and thus spared that bit of ugliness.

Did Christie Tick ever finally get around to dying?
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

brianwellbrock wrote:EB's words getting disected and put on a pedastal is because of a few people who dont even live in this country repeating his words as their own, thus giving his word a huge head. Its not his fault and people are wrong.
Thank you, Brian. I never asked or looked for a "following." I didn't even learn how to use the Internet until I was 45 years old back in 2004. And I only did so because I had teenage daughters at the time and I had read all the horror stories about Internet predators. I'm self taught with this Internet stuff, so when I stumbled across the message boards, especially those related to OC, I had NO IDEA of the impact that some guy's posts could have on other peoples lives. I'm sorry for being naive in that regard. Had I known what I was in for, I probably never would have signed up in the first place.

@B --- I respect your research, posts and opinions. And I am a legit guy. But aside from where I grew up, and a couple of blood relatives, including my favorite uncle, being, uhm, influential, I was also with Local 813 for 25 years. Ten of them as a steward and seven as a business agent. Now, that's a legit job. But you do end up "rubbing shoulders" with people. As for my uncle, there's not a better ancestry researcher on these boards than Hairy. And although I don't want the man's name posted, Hairy can vouch for my bloodline. But either way, you're a great researcher and a wonderful attribute to every board you've ever posted on.

As far as Wiseguy and myself. Enough. He can be as much a pain in the ass as I can be stubborn. But he's a friend, he's never disrespected me and I've never disrespected him. As a matter of fact, when people lower themselves to those Mormon insults, I'm the first Italian American Catholic out of the foxhole. We not only like each other, but we respect each other enough to "agree to disagree." And we rarely do that with other posters, pretty much only with each other. Now, that's mutual respect.

Re Tommy, AG, Cheech, Chucky and a bunch of other guys: They're just defending a friend in my absence because a few people here know what's been going on with me. I'm just copying and pasting what I posted on the other board today because I'm already too tired to reword it:

The truth of the matter is, I had a heart attack a little over two months ago, and it was very much stress related. I'm going to be fine, but it was touch and go for awhile. But I can't get myself stressed out. That's why I have to lay off the boards for awhile. As a matter of fact, we're going to head south next week after all. Not Florida, though. A place where I can completely disconnect and recharge my batteries. So after today or tomorrow, you guys won't hear from me again for another month or so. But I'll be back, as strong and stubborn as ever, so don't worry.

On a MUCH happier note, my Dad made such a comeback, that it's now HE driving ME to medical appointments. Now, ain't that some shit? :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks for the well wishes, folks. Again, you guys humble me, and I'm grateful for that. And life is about gratitude. Don't ever forget that.

East Bronx
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.