Leonardo Rizzuto Shot in Laval

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

OcSleeper
Full Patched

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto Shot in Laval

Post by OcSleeper »

I've been thinking about the theories that the Journal de Montreal presented the other day in their article here.
https://www.journaldequebec.com/2023/03 ... e-violente

Obviously Desjardins and Mirarchi are very possible theories that most people came up with on their own. But the third theory in my opinion is the most interesting. For those who didn't read it, the third theory is the attack on Leonardo Rizzuto came from former allies who don't respect his leadership.

I'm just kinda spitballing here and offering my take that may or may not be right and welcome any comments or theories others may have on it. We know Montreal has two cells/groups that stand out as the bigger/more dominant groups, that being the Rizzuto-Sollecito group and Vittorio Mirarchi's group. There are also several other different cells/groups and it appears some gravitate to one of the ones I mentioned above. Based on the charts that were partially shown by Felix Seguin on his program, news reports, and who was placed on the Scoppa brothers hitlist I think Montreal's alliances(?) might look something like this.

Rizzuto-Sollecito
- Liborio Cuntrera
▪︎ most likely considered part of the Rizzuto-Sollecito group.
- Marco Pizzi
- Davide Barberio
- Francesco Del Balso
▪︎ may be on the outs.
- Pietro D'Adamo
- Giuseppe Focarazzo
- Tony Mucci (retired)

Vittorio Mirarchi:
- Agostino-Albanese
▪︎ was paying the Violi brothers a tax from their tobacco smuggling operation.
- Raynald Desjardins
▪︎ there was rumours of an alleged falling out, may be on his own. Close to the Trois-Rivières HA.
- Bastone?
▪︎ not sure if they'd really be considered their own group.

Unknown:
- Annunziata
▪︎ said to be close to Liborio Cuntrera and Salvatore Cazzetta, so might align more with that group.
- Oliveri-Lopez
▪︎ works closely with Davide Barberio, so might align more with that group.

So going back to the third theory, I've been looking at who might be someone who would make a move out of the names I listed above. I keep wondering if Marco Pizzi could be a likely suspect.

A little background on Pizzi, in 2014, he was with Tonino Callocchia when the latter was shot and killed. Scoppa revealed to us that Pizzi was suppose to die that day as well and Stefano Sollecito ordered it. Scoppa knew this because his brother and a "black guy" carried it out. Pizzi was also targeted in 2016 when he was rear ended and met with guns when he got out of his vehicle. He escaped through a crowd park that day and lived. Also in 2016, businesses and properties connected to him were being targeted by arsons. This attack most likely came from the Scoppa brothers as it was during the 2016 summer when the Scoppas tried executing their coup, Pizzi was on their hitlist, and was carried out by gang members.

Recent reports state Pizzi is close to the bikers and was seen at a dinner with several bikers, Del Balso, Barberio, and Steven D'Addario. D'Addario was one of Mirarchi's guys arrested for the murder of Montagna. Pizzi also has a history with Mirarchi as shown in Project Clemenza, he handled $2.3 million in cocaine transactions for him with Erasmo Crivello, Pizzi's childhood friend.

I don't see anyone making a move against the Rizzuto-Sollecito group alone (could be wrong). So I believe if the third theory is correct, whoever made the move is working with others, possibly with the backing of Mirarchi and/or Desjardins. And to add onto my own theory about Marco Pizzi, if he was the one who made the move, is it possible Davide Barberio and/or Francesco Del Balso are part of it as well? Pizzi is said to be very close with Barberio. Pizzi, Del Balso, and Barberio are also said to be close to the bikers, possible all 3 are close to eachother.

This is all very speculative. It's just one theory I've been contemplating trying to make sense of all this.

Several articles are reporting Stefano Sollecito is very ill and Radio-Canada reported their police sources say Stefano Sollecito is no longer an influential and active member of organized crime due to serious health problems and his condition has worsened in recent months. If its true he's no longer considered active I wonder if anyone has replaced him and if so who. I suspect one of his brothers have taken on some or all of his responsibilities, specifically Mario Sollecito.

Another little detail is Nicola Spagnolo, a close associate to Rizzuto, may be headed off to prison next month for an aggravated assault charge that resulted from him stabbing someone outside a bar a few years ago.

Based on all the recent reports the Rizzuto-Sollecito group seem to be extremely vulnerable at the moment. With Leonardo's leadership being questioned and Stefano (the main power in their group) being in bad health, they might be their most vulnerable. A few months back I predicted if and when Sollecito passes a new power struggle will arise. In my eyes it's no coincidence we're hearing about how poor of health he's in and someone just targeted Leonardo Rizzuto.

In my opinion, one of the things that kept them going for so long was their unity in their core group. When Montagna and Desjardins hit them heavily in 2010 you didn't see anyone breaking away or turning on eachother. When Vito died in 2014 no one decided it was their turn to be king. When the Scoppa brothers hit them hard again in 2016 and Stefano and Leonardo were in jail no one jumped ship. But in 2011 Desjardins and Montagna turned on eachother and in 2019 the Scoppa faction imploded from the inside out.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

GREAT post OC
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Benballer
Honorary Member

Post by Benballer »

johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:00 am
Benballer wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:00 am They easily have upwards of 250M
So 30-50 family members all multi millionaires worth 8-15M easy. By your count they’re actually worth more like half a billion.

Where do you get such wonderful information?
I know other italian heirachy that are very wealthy. But theres levels to wealth and i know they’re not on rizzuo family wealth level. So basic math in a sense
Benballer
Honorary Member

Post by Benballer »

OcSleeper wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:40 pm I've been thinking about the theories that the Journal de Montreal presented the other day in their article here.
https://www.journaldequebec.com/2023/03 ... e-violente

Obviously Desjardins and Mirarchi are very possible theories that most people came up with on their own. But the third theory in my opinion is the most interesting. For those who didn't read it, the third theory is the attack on Leonardo Rizzuto came from former allies who don't respect his leadership.

I'm just kinda spitballing here and offering my take that may or may not be right and welcome any comments or theories others may have on it. We know Montreal has two cells/groups that stand out as the bigger/more dominant groups, that being the Rizzuto-Sollecito group and Vittorio Mirarchi's group. There are also several other different cells/groups and it appears some gravitate to one of the ones I mentioned above. Based on the charts that were partially shown by Felix Seguin on his program, news reports, and who was placed on the Scoppa brothers hitlist I think Montreal's alliances(?) might look something like this.

Rizzuto-Sollecito
- Liborio Cuntrera
▪︎ most likely considered part of the Rizzuto-Sollecito group.
- Marco Pizzi
- Davide Barberio
- Francesco Del Balso
▪︎ may be on the outs.
- Pietro D'Adamo
- Giuseppe Focarazzo
- Tony Mucci (retired)

Vittorio Mirarchi:
- Agostino-Albanese
▪︎ was paying the Violi brothers a tax from their tobacco smuggling operation.
- Raynald Desjardins
▪︎ there was rumours of an alleged falling out, may be on his own. Close to the Trois-Rivières HA.
- Bastone?
▪︎ not sure if they'd really be considered their own group.

Unknown:
- Annunziata
▪︎ said to be close to Liborio Cuntrera and Salvatore Cazzetta, so might align more with that group.
- Oliveri-Lopez
▪︎ works closely with Davide Barberio, so might align more with that group.

So going back to the third theory, I've been looking at who might be someone who would make a move out of the names I listed above. I keep wondering if Marco Pizzi could be a likely suspect.

A little background on Pizzi, in 2014, he was with Tonino Callocchia when the latter was shot and killed. Scoppa revealed to us that Pizzi was suppose to die that day as well and Stefano Sollecito ordered it. Scoppa knew this because his brother and a "black guy" carried it out. Pizzi was also targeted in 2016 when he was rear ended and met with guns when he got out of his vehicle. He escaped through a crowd park that day and lived. Also in 2016, businesses and properties connected to him were being targeted by arsons. This attack most likely came from the Scoppa brothers as it was during the 2016 summer when the Scoppas tried executing their coup, Pizzi was on their hitlist, and was carried out by gang members.

Recent reports state Pizzi is close to the bikers and was seen at a dinner with several bikers, Del Balso, Barberio, and Steven D'Addario. D'Addario was one of Mirarchi's guys arrested for the murder of Montagna. Pizzi also has a history with Mirarchi as shown in Project Clemenza, he handled $2.3 million in cocaine transactions for him with Erasmo Crivello, Pizzi's childhood friend.

I don't see anyone making a move against the Rizzuto-Sollecito group alone (could be wrong). So I believe if the third theory is correct, whoever made the move is working with others, possibly with the backing of Mirarchi and/or Desjardins. And to add onto my own theory about Marco Pizzi, if he was the one who made the move, is it possible Davide Barberio and/or Francesco Del Balso are part of it as well? Pizzi is said to be very close with Barberio. Pizzi, Del Balso, and Barberio are also said to be close to the bikers, possible all 3 are close to eachother.

This is all very speculative. It's just one theory I've been contemplating trying to make sense of all this.

Several articles are reporting Stefano Sollecito is very ill and Radio-Canada reported their police sources say Stefano Sollecito is no longer an influential and active member of organized crime due to serious health problems and his condition has worsened in recent months. If its true he's no longer considered active I wonder if anyone has replaced him and if so who. I suspect one of his brothers have taken on some or all of his responsibilities, specifically Mario Sollecito.

Another little detail is Nicola Spagnolo, a close associate to Rizzuto, may be headed off to prison next month for an aggravated assault charge that resulted from him stabbing someone outside a bar a few years ago.

Based on all the recent reports the Rizzuto-Sollecito group seem to be extremely vulnerable at the moment. With Leonardo's leadership being questioned and Stefano (the main power in their group) being in bad health, they might be their most vulnerable. A few months back I predicted if and when Sollecito passes a new power struggle will arise. In my eyes it's no coincidence we're hearing about how poor of health he's in and someone just targeted Leonardo Rizzuto.

In my opinion, one of the things that kept them going for so long was their unity in their core group. When Montagna and Desjardins hit them heavily in 2010 you didn't see anyone breaking away or turning on eachother. When Vito died in 2014 no one decided it was their turn to be king. When the Scoppa brothers hit them hard again in 2016 and Stefano and Leonardo were in jail no one jumped ship. But in 2011 Desjardins and Montagna turned on eachother and in 2019 the Scoppa faction imploded from the inside out.
Great theory. Im concious of majority that was stated and I couldn’t have put it in words like you did. Great reac
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Ciro_DiMarzio wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:10 am I also don't understand why some of these guys don't just get up and leave Montreal for good
I was thinking the same thing
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Ciro_DiMarzio wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:06 am Don't post a lot and definitely don't want to troll anyone but hasn't it been established multiple times over the years how much money these guys make in Montreal? These guys aren't brokesters like that philly family. I mean I get 99% of my info from this forum so maybe I have to re read some old threads to find some evidence.

Maybe 250 million is a crazy figure but its way higher than 10-20M come on....They drop bodies because they can and theres not 100s of snitches but the main motivation has to be money always you would think
Agreed----I'm just guessing based on what I've read. They've been major drug traffickers for 40 years? If invested well, it's certainly possible but who knows
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

johnny_scootch wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:24 am
AntComello wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:09 am And they label Violi an “ndrangheta boss” lol
That’s Canadian journalism for you, everyone has their own crime family and if you’re not Sicilian you’re an Ndrangheta boss.
I think something along those lines has also led to the idea (false, in my opinion) of there being 7, 9, etc. Ndrangheta clans in Toronto (and Thunder Bay). I think sometimes a guy will get labeled an Ndrangheta clan boss when he's not, as well as people from the same clans being listed separately. The idea of 9 clans is what seems to have led to the idea of 450 Ndrangheta members in the Greater Toronto Area, i.e. an Italian prosecutor took that number 9, multiplied it by the rule of having 49 or 51 members each, and came up up with ~ 450 members. Never mind this would be a greater concentration of organized crime members in the GTA than even in New York metropolitan area.
All roads lead to New York.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:53 am Never mind this would be a greater concentration of organized crime members in the GTA than even in New York metropolitan area.
And don't forget NYC has 3 times the population of Toronto.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:04 am
Wiseguy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:53 am Never mind this would be a greater concentration of organized crime members in the GTA than even in New York metropolitan area.
Calabrians have ALWAYS flocked more to Canada since the 1950’s as opposed to the U.S.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Question is: When will Leo strike back? How sick is Sollecito?
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

JCB1977 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:00 am
Calabrians have ALWAYS flocked more to Canada since the 1950’s as opposed to the U.S.
Hence, it makes sense there's a greater Ndrangheta presence in Canada than the U.S. But not in the numbers often put forth.
I'm usually not one for all the speculation but, if I'm Rizzuto, I'm looking at Desjardins and Mirarchi. Perhaps the latter feel they are not safe until any Rizzuto of significance is dead.
All roads lead to New York.
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:33 am
JCB1977 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:00 am
Hence, it makes sense there's a greater Ndrangheta presence in Canada than the U.S. But not in the numbers often put forth.
I'm usually not one for all the speculation but, if I'm Rizzuto, I'm looking at Desjardins and Mirarchi. Perhaps the latter feel they are not safe until any Rizzuto of significance is dead.
My money is on them as well. I’m no Canada expert but I think it makes a lot of sense.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Just a few numbers
There's 500k Italians in Toronto.

450 out of half a million is not unreasonable.

Keep in mind Italian immigration to the US was predominatly turn of last century whilst to Canada its been post 1950.

So Canadian Italians are MUCH more ITALIAN. Whether this would lead to a higher concentration of mafioso, you would suspect it would make sense. Italian Americans are much more assimilated, more removed from the old culture.

Are there 450 Drangheta? Who knows but a "vs NYC" comparison needs context.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:53 am
AntComello wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:09 am And they label Violi an “ndrangheta boss” lol
That’s Canadian journalism for you, everyone has their own crime family and if you’re not Sicilian you’re an Ndrangheta boss.
I think something along those lines has also led to the idea (false, in my opinion) of there being 7, 9, etc. Ndrangheta clans in Toronto (and Thunder Bay). I think sometimes a guy will get labeled an Ndrangheta clan boss when he's not, as well as people from the same clans being listed separately. The idea of 9 clans is what seems to have led to the idea of 450 Ndrangheta members in the Greater Toronto Area, i.e. an Italian prosecutor took that number 9, multiplied it by the rule of having 49 or 51 members each, and came up up with ~ 450 members. Never mind this would be a greater concentration of organized crime members in the GTA than even in New York metropolitan area.
I believe it’s 7 locali in the Toronto metro area, and 2 more outside of the GTA in southern Ontario (Thunder Bay, London, etc), making 9 total.

And the estimates are 350 members in the GTA and another 100 or so outside.

But I can’t remember if those numbers came from LE, a journalist, or somewhere else.
DoubleZ
Straightened out

Post by DoubleZ »

stubbs wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:58 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:53 am
I believe it’s 7 locali in the Toronto metro area, and 2 more outside of the GTA in southern Ontario (Thunder Bay, London, etc), making 9 total.

And the estimates are 350 members in the GTA and another 100 or so outside.

But I can’t remember if those numbers came from LE, a journalist, or somewhere else.
What the hell are they doing in Thunder Bay :lol: ? Thats NW Ontario on Lake Superior. I can imagine that’s an incredibly tiny cell.

The London-Sarnia-Windsor area seems ripe for OC activity. 2 massive international border crossings, and the narrow St. Clair river that divides Michigan (near the thumb) and Ontario is less than 1km wide in areas.

As evidence, we’ve seen a large drug smuggling bust involving players out of this area late last year in “Project Gateway”.

Anyone know of affiliations with these groups?

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=9527&p=239947&hili ... or#p239947

DZ