Leonardo Rizzuto Shot in Laval

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

AntComello
Full Patched

Re: Leonardo Rizzuto Shot in Laval

Post by AntComello »

Ivan wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:23 am You guys get an absolute monster dopamine hit every time this happens, don't you. :lol:
Hell yea 😂😂😂
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

More analysis.

L’absence de chef commence peut-être à se faire sentir
https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... sentir.php
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:05 pm
CornerBoy wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:49 am They can pay former navy seals or blackwater type ppl. the rizzuto immediate family has at least 100-200M?
Where did you get those numbers from? All those guys spend money like it’s water and always end up having to come back to the well. I doubt they have anywhere near 50m in the bank forget about 200.
Gotta agree with Johnny scootch on this one. Nowhere near that kind of money. While they certainly weren't lightweights, the Rizzutos were always overblown. The Montreal underworld in general is. The metro area is about the size of Detroit.
johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:17 am
CornerBoy wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:27 am

Where do I get numbers from- probably the overly lnflated numbers I get from the stupid articles and press releases.. Also, if they supplied the H for 10 percent of america and invested it Venezuela, Italy etc they should have half a billion.uninterrupted 500 Kilo shipments? you know how much money that brings in. But then again, Im not an intl drug dealer, so I ventured a guess based on quick math. If theyve been at it for 30 yrs, the money has compounded. anyway, at 50 million with dividends etc they can cough up a mill per yr on top notch security
But instead they have no security and are getting shot down in the street like dogs or while sitting in their kitchens having coffee with their wife.

They’re definitely not paupers but they also aren’t Pablo Escobar types with military level security.
Frankly even Escobar, as wealthy and powerful as he was, didn't measure up to the hyperbole written about him.
All roads lead to New York.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Imagine the amount of unwanted attention u would get as a mobster in a 1st world country with 24/7 armed security following you around…… ya not always practical
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

You aren’t even allowed to carry a handgun around in Canada, even if they had a clean record. The police would take advantage of that and arrest these guys for possession of illegal firearms then good luck finding a bodyguard. So if they do have an armed bodyguard it’s usually in irregular intervals. The only guys that can get away with armed guards here is the natives on the reserves because the ey have their own police ect, plus the government doesn’t want to “harass” them, so they have more leeway.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:20 pm Frankly even Escobar, as wealthy and powerful as he was, didn't measure up to the hyperbole written about him.
Didn't they say Escobar was the richest man in the world or some shit at one point? :lol:

Same with Roy DeMeo. He was the leader of a gang of casual murderers that killed about 70 people, of whom about 40 he did personally. He wasn't a "mafia serial killer" who killed 200+ people.

Ditto Nicky Scarfo. He wasn't any worse that Testa, Stanfa, and Merlino in terms of being trigger-happy.

There's tons of guys like this, really.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Ivan wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:02 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:20 pm Frankly even Escobar, as wealthy and powerful as he was, didn't measure up to the hyperbole written about him.
Didn't they say Escobar was the richest man in the world or some shit at one point? :lol:
Articles would allege Escobar was worth $30 billion (in late 1980s money, mind you) or that he could pay off the Colombian national debt. Really absurd.
All roads lead to New York.
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

I'm leaning more towards Desjardins (Mirarchi as well?) at this point. No way Sollecito turned on him, those two families been pretty much family for a long ass time. Plus Stefano has been pretty sick as of late from the sounds of it.
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:20 pm
CornerBoy wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:49 am They can pay former navy seals or blackwater type ppl. the rizzuto immediate family has at least 100-200M?
Where did you get those numbers from? All those guys spend money like it’s water and always end up having to come back to the well. I doubt they have anywhere near 50m in the bank forget about 200.
Gotta agree with Johnny scootch on this one. Nowhere near that kind of money. While they certainly weren't lightweights, the Rizzutos were always overblown. The Montreal underworld in general is. The metro area is about the size of Detroit.
It was never really about the Montreal metro area though... right? The real power was in controlling the route into the US, specifically New York...

And I think it was more of a Caruana- Cuntrera thing. And it seems like their focus was more Europe. They were in Montreal, Toronto, Ostia, Venezuela, ( although that ended up bad...)Miami too, I think.. and it wasn't all their money, I don't think. They were managing the traffic at first for Sicily, then Calabria. I truly believe thats how Ndrangheta got control of the routes. The Caruanas- Cuntreras fucked it up, the Inzerillos were out of pocket, and the Ndrangheta paid the South American debt.

I think Nick's forte was the construction stuff he had been doing since the late 50s, and Vito it seemed concentrated on expanding gambling.

One thing took me by surprise in the Scoppa book was that it was Vitos own guys that pushed him into the Narcotics Table/Street panel. They had direct control over street operations. Guys like Giordano, the Scoppas....
Benballer
Honorary Member

Post by Benballer »

Same with Roy DeMeo. He was the leader of a gang of casual murderers that killed about 70 people, of whom about 40 he did personally. He wasn't a "mafia serial killer" who killed 200+ people.

Ditto Nicky Scarfo. He wasn't any worse that Testa, Stanfa, and Merlino in terms of being trigger-happy.

There's tons of guys like this, really.
Merlino has alot of bodies ?
Benballer
Honorary Member

Post by Benballer »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:20 pm
johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:17 am
CornerBoy wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:27 am

Where do I get numbers from- probably the overly lnflated numbers I get from the stupid articles and press releases.. Also, if they supplied the H for 10 percent of america and invested it Venezuela, Italy etc they should have half a billion.uninterrupted 500 Kilo shipments? you know how much money that brings in. But then again, Im not an intl drug dealer, so I ventured a guess based on quick math. If theyve been at it for 30 yrs, the money has compounded. anyway, at 50 million with dividends etc they can cough up a mill per yr on top notch security
But instead they have no security and are getting shot down in the street like dogs or while sitting in their kitchens having coffee with their wife.

They’re definitely not paupers but they also aren’t Pablo Escobar types with military level security.
Frankly even Escobar, as wealthy and powerful as he was, didn't measure up to the hyperbole written about him.
You guys speak as if your from the city. I actually grew up in montreal and personally met multiple people on the list. Firstly majority of second generation italian immigrants are
Home owners just of inflation their instant millionaires not including money they earn and or inheritance. Theres literally 5 banks on one block radius in certain areas in montreal. What does that tell you? Lots of commerce aka MONEY. And these guys Are invested into so many different revenue streams wether directly or indirectly (kickups) .. so yes the rizzuto family can easily be worth 100-200M. Thats not even alot of money.. spread out between 30-50 family members.. most of them arent worth 1-2m they’re in that 8-15 M bracket easy just off assets.
Benballer
Honorary Member

Post by Benballer »

Im suprised of certain names on these lists as they’re extremely lowkey in real life.. theres guys worth 10M+ who drive 1000-5000$ cars. Their from that lowkey era . Alot of wealth is undisguised in montreal. So much people who do the show and flash that its easier to be under the radar when your not something to look at..

But the power of informants is crazy police know a lot they just cant prove

Also i believe alot of heirachy are rats. Like scoppa for example you cant be on top for decades withiut arrest prosecution And or a record . Just doesn’t make sense
Benballer
Honorary Member

Post by Benballer »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:19 pm
Articles would allege Escobar was worth $30 billion (in late 1980s money, mind you) or that he could pay off the Colombian national debt. Really absurd.
Absurd? Your on the internet thinking you know what goes on with drug lords . Real kingpins..

Isn’t it absord he built his own prison with his own guards ?

Isn’t it absurd that he blew up planes out the sky?

Isn’t it absurd that he FACTUALLY offered to pay off the national debt in order to pursue politics and have robin hood type image?

Do you not know he built sustainable communities and livable type favelas for free in colombia ..

Why do you think he was sooo loved by the people until propaganda and he went left offf the deepend.
Benballer
Honorary Member

Post by Benballer »

Absurd? Your on the internet thinking you know what goes on with drug lords . Real kingpins..

Isn’t it absurd that he FACTUALLY offered to pay off the national debt in order to pursue politics and have robin hood type image?

Do you not know he built sustainable communities and livable type favelas for free in colombia ..

Why do you think he was sooo loved by the people until propaganda and he went left offf the deepend.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Benballer wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:34 am

Who are you?
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID