New Mob Archs: The Pittsburgh Family & Youngstown w/ JCB & Paul Hodos

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

New Mob Archs: The Pittsburgh Family & Youngstown w/ JCB & Paul Hodos

Post by Angelo Santino »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcNhj0QBHDI

Pittsburgh & Ohio expert JCB and author Paul Hodos discuss the Pittsburgh Family and also delve into Youngstown and Cleveland. The conversation hits on Michael Genovese, John LaRocca, and various periods in the Family's history as well as the social and cultural environment of the region's Italians.

Paul's forthcoming book "Steel City Mafia": https://www.amazon.com/Steel-City-Mafia ... 1467153753

Informer Journal's Youngstown issue featuring Jimmy: https://informer-journal.blogspot.com/2 ... ormer.html

--------------

Please consider Paul Hodos' book: Steel City Mafia

Also, not for nothing but JCB needs to start doing his own ORV-centric podcast. He's going to be doing more stuff with us but I'd like to see him start doing his own thing with him as the lead. I've offered to edit and set things up. I would ask the forum members listen and if agree, state so.

Alot of us on this forum are troves of information and I keep saying guys on here need to take their knowledge to the masses. I'll help in whatever way I can. JCB is one of those guys.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Re: New Mob Archs: The Pittsburgh Family & Youngstown w/ Jimmy Barber & Paul Hodos

Post by JCB1977 »

Happy to be a small part of this episode. Looking forward to our next one.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: New Mob Archs: The Pittsburgh Family & Youngstown w/ Jimmy Barber & Paul Hodos

Post by B. »

JCB1977 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:05 am Happy to be a small part of this episode. Looking forward to our next one.
You and Paul hit it out of the park. We couldn't have done a Pittsburgh episode like this without your extensive knowledge and it's amazing how much you know off the top of your head.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Not to mention, the extensive amount of photos in this episode. Many of them came from James's private collection. This is really a tremendous episode. Thanks to the both of you.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Very nice guys.
Guy Fatato said on a tape-recording that Franzese's vig on a $30,000 debt was "like social security" for him. - GohnJotti
Ed
Straightened out

Post by Ed »

I look forward to watching the video. It's good to learn about Mafia groups outside New York and Chicago.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

this is awesome
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

Great episode, would love to have JCB do his own podcast.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

moneyman wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:59 pm Great episode, would love to have JCB do his own podcast.
He said it was his first time on a podcast. He's a natural who we'll def be having back on.
trafficante
Straightened out

Post by trafficante »

Great stuff guys. Thoroughly enjoyed this episode.
"Don't go telling me about two factions. Don't try that Nick Licata shit on me."
Mustangsally
Straightened out

Post by Mustangsally »

Super entertaining and very well done. Most lcn stuff on YouTube pretty much involves mob groupies clawing at each other like retards and begging for donations. Nobody has the historical knowledge that you guys bring to the table. Again, well done.
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

Another great episode
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Angelo, Antillar, B & Tony deserve the credit for putting this podcast together. I’m appreciative to be a small part of the podcast. We have a great one coming up with a guest author. Stay tuned. Never did anything like this before, it was a blast.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Jimmy, I gotta say. Great fuckin’ episode brother! Much props to you and the man Paul. The public really needs this kind of detailed and informed treatment of the Pitt/YT/Cleve mobs and you two are exactly the guys to do it right. Sorry that I wasn’t able to make it for this episode but I appreciate all the time and effort that you and Paul have put into this subject.

The episode goes hard like a “Youngstown tune-up”. :mrgreen:
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Paul1921
Associate

Re: New Mob Archs: The Pittsburgh Family & Youngstown w/ JCB & Paul Hodos

Post by Paul1921 »

Just saw this, thanks everyone, it was great being on and I am glad it was entertaining and informative for an audience that is probably the best informed about the mob on this planet. It is rare to get that kind of nuanced discussion on anything, much less something as complex as OC. I have gotten good questions after the show, not all of which I could answer immediately. A few have led me down some welcome rabbit holes and caused me to reach out to some of my contacts too. Thanks Angelo and JCB and the rest of the guys!