Sciascia-Renda-Ragusa-Vella-Caruana-Cuntrera connections, plus others

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Sciascia-Renda-Ragusa-Vella-Caruana-Cuntrera connections, plus others

Post by B. »

Excellent discovery. Pietro Ligammari was sponsored into the Bonannos by Sciascia so it makes sense.

Members don't always report to their sponsor's crew but the Ligammaris could have been NYC-NJ members of Sciascia's crew like Giuseppe Arcuri and possibly Sal Montagna. Didn't Joe Renda also live in NYC before settling in Montreal?
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

OcSleeper wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:10 pm I have a Cuntrera-Caruanas family tree that I think I actually found here but it won't allow me to post it.
Is Salvatore Caruana from the Patriarca crime family related to these Caruanas?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

davidf1989 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:24 pm
OcSleeper wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:10 pm I have a Cuntrera-Caruanas family tree that I think I actually found here but it won't allow me to post it.
Is Salvatore Caruana from the Patriarca crime family related to these Caruanas?
He was born in the US and I've never been able to confirm where his family came from but it was probably Agrigento based on the name.

This 1984 FBI report refers to the Sicilian mafia faction in Montreal being involved in drug trafficking with the Patriarca Family -- Salvatore "Mickey" Caruana was a Patriarca member involved heavily in drugs so he's one possible connection. The Sicilian mafia faction it refers to would have included the Caruana-Cuntreras. It also say the Bonanno decina worked with the Patriarcas.

The Patriarca Family had Biagio DiGiacomo and Salvatore Giglia as high-ranking members with ties to the Sicilian mafia. They were from Aragona which is 35 minutes from Siculiana. Never seen them directly connected to Mickey Caruana outside of their membership in the Patriarcas.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

B. wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:00 pm Excellent discovery. Pietro Ligammari was sponsored into the Bonannos by Sciascia so it makes sense.

Members don't always report to their sponsor's crew but the Ligammaris could have been NYC-NJ members of Sciascia's crew like Giuseppe Arcuri and possibly Sal Montagna. Didn't Joe Renda also live in NYC before settling in Montreal?
Renda was born in New York City on Jan. 1, 1959. He married Benedetta Castiglione ("Betty") in Montreal on Jul. 30, 1988, with matchmaker Agostino Cuntrera and wife Elena (née Veltri; has ancestry from Cosenza in Calabria) serving as official witnesses to the marriage. Before and after the marriage, Renda and his wife lived in St. Leonard, which is well known as the Italian quarter in Montreal (east end).

When I post a new thread that will contain profiles of Renda, first cousin Joseph Sciascia, and Lorenzo Lo Presti, don't shoot the messenger when I provide details of a document that run counter to some prevailing beliefs about Renda.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Looking forward to it. We're all just messengers here.