Angelo Lonardo Breaks Mafia in Ohio

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JCB1977
Filthy Few

Angelo Lonardo Breaks Mafia in Ohio

Post by JCB1977 »

Thought I'd share some good info on Lonardo's testimony: December 23, 1985 Pittsburgh Post Gazette

"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Re: Angelo Lonardo Breaks Mafia in Ohio

Post by JCB1977 »

"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

Nice information as always. I find the whole Cleveland-Youngstown-Pittsburgh situation in the late 70s-early 80s fascinating. And I know I'm a broken record about this on this forum, but Lonardo's lack of information on so many things going on around him is still amazing to me. Not just in Youngstown or other cities you'd think he'd have knowledge about(Detroit) but Cleveland itself. As time goes by he seems so much more like a Ralph Natale.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Adam wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:00 am Nice information as always. I find the whole Cleveland-Youngstown-Pittsburgh situation in the late 70s-early 80s fascinating. And I know I'm a broken record about this on this forum, but Lonardo's lack of information on so many things going on around him is still amazing to me. Not just in Youngstown or other cities you'd think he'd have knowledge about(Detroit) but Cleveland itself. As time goes by he seems so much more like a Ralph Natale.
His testimony in KC and in NYC on the Commission case was pretty compelling. As for Detroit, Jack Licavoli was more in tune with that family due to his blood relationships with the Licavoli gang.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Lonardo gives interview at 90 years old...Funny story, after I graduated from college, my best friend moved to Gates Mills in Cleveland and lived in an apartment building...every day, he would speak to his elderly neighbor about the Cleveland Indians...I met this guy several times while visiting my buddy and we spent an afternoon on his back patio one evening talking about baseball. I was gambling at the time and put some money on the Indians and this guy gave me a lecture about gambling and what it does to people. I had no fucking clue it was Angelo Lonardo until after he passed away. He and his wife were estranged but not divorced.

https://www.facebook.com/RealCrimeChann ... 306451697/

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
coldshoulder
On Record

Post by coldshoulder »

Good stuff as always JCB. Thanks. One glaring error in the long Pittsburgh Post-Gazette newspaper article in your first post referred to the Carabbia's as being from Warren; when in reality their homes and business were always in Struthers. They just controlled the Warren territory for their Cleveland superiors.
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

coldshoulder wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:56 am Good stuff as always JCB. Thanks. One glaring error in the long Pittsburgh Post-Gazette newspaper article in your first post referred to the Carabbia's as being from Warren; when in reality their homes and business were always in Struthers. They just controlled the Warren territory for their Cleveland superiors.
Are you sure that the Carabbia's controlled the Warren area for Cleveland and not Tony Desanter?
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

FriendofHenry wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:02 am
coldshoulder wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:56 am Good stuff as always JCB. Thanks. One glaring error in the long Pittsburgh Post-Gazette newspaper article in your first post referred to the Carabbia's as being from Warren; when in reality their homes and business were always in Struthers. They just controlled the Warren territory for their Cleveland superiors.
Are you sure that the Carabbia's controlled the Warren area for Cleveland and not Tony Desanter?

Careful before answering Cold. FOH went camping with these fellas. Tread lightly. He knows his stuff.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Carabbia assumed Tony D's operations when Tony Died

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Indeed...I think the PPG was referring to their territory

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

JCB1977 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:44 am
Carabbia assumed Tony D's operations when Tony Died
That makes sense, but it was Tony's deal until then.
Tony was originally sent to Warren to watch Cleveland's end in The Jungle Inn and Charlie was sent to watch Pittsburgh's end.
coldshoulder
On Record

Post by coldshoulder »

FriendofHenry wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:02 am Are you sure that the Carabbia's controlled the Warren area for Cleveland and not Tony Desanter?
Yes I knew that Tony "The Dope" DelSanter was Cleveland's guy in Warren for many years, and I should have pointed that out. But after DelSanter's death in 1977 thru about 1985 when the article was written and Lonardo spilled the beans, the Carabbia's (Ronnie briefly, before he was charged and convicted in the Danny Greene bombing murder; then Charlie the Crab for a short time after until he was taken out; then remaining brother Orly) assumed operation of the Warren area rackets for Cleveland.
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

coldshoulder wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:32 pm
FriendofHenry wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:02 am Are you sure that the Carabbia's controlled the Warren area for Cleveland and not Tony Desanter?
Yes I knew that Tony "The Dope" DelSanter was Cleveland's guy in Warren for many years, and I should have pointed that out. But after DelSanter's death in 1977 thru about 1985 when the article was written and Lonardo spilled the beans, the Carabbia's (Ronnie briefly, before he was charged and convicted in the Danny Greene bombing murder; then Charlie the Crab for a short time after until he was taken out; then remaining brother Orly) assumed operation of the Warren area rackets for Cleveland.
Well we helped one another. I was not aware that Orly took over Warren when RC went to "College". Thank you :)
IrishDave
Straightened out

Post by IrishDave »

Were the Carabbia brothers actually made in the Cleveland family?
Pat Ferruccio was with pittsburgh? Leo Moceri was in akron, I believe. Was the akron/canton area split up like the Ohio Valley or is that just how it ended up?