Mike Mancuso put a contract on Cammaranos

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Mike Mancuso put a contract on Cammaranos

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I was quoting the Sopranos. :mrgreen:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:10 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:21 pm
Browniety86 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:04 pm
Vknicks wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:41 pm Not saying anything is true or not but it wouldn't be surprising for the Feds to ignore the threats because a murder would be perfect for a Rico to put away not just Mikey Nose but everyone around hi as well
Even just murder conspiracy with Nose's rap sheet and its game over for him...what if, just what if, the "source" who gave this story to Scott did so to sort of tickle the wire a bit with the Feds to get them to look harder at Mancuso to put him away...the "source" being of a faction who wants Mikey Nose gone to seize control of the family...

Conspiracy theories now?

Pogo
Create a little dysentery in the ranks.
Why not? Play the captains against each other😁😁
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

CabriniGreen wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:56 am
Browniety86 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:42 am
Ivan wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:36 am
Browniety86 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:26 am
Ivan wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:58 am
Browniety86 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:42 pm the OJ of the underworld
I had to stop and think for like 30 seconds before I could get this joke. :lol:
It's a little obscure but I'm glad you got it😁😁
It was a splendid jest and I salute you.

After Mikey Nose got out of jail for offing his wife he said he was going on a hunt for the real killer I'm sure.
With all this talk about Mancuso putting a contract on the Cammaranos, maybe he just doesnt have diplomacy in his repertoire...I mean he did come up with the Purple Gang and was close to Vinny Basciano, two entities known for bloodshed over peaceful resolutions...
Pretty much what I said too. These guys are not homogeneous and they don't all have the same capabilities...

Mancuso= Violent. Cammarano = Money. History has shown in the immediate short term..( Gotti vs Castellano, Corleonesi vs Palermo, Montagna and Co. vs the Rizzutos....) Violence, naked aggression can overwhelm someone more calculated in their approach.
I think it's partly why Amuso reigning over the wealthier Bronx guys seemed to baffle many for many years.

But long term..... you need someone with some vision and some ability at the top. Or at least, a guy capable of RECOGNIZING guys with vision and ability.

These guys, Bascianos, Mancusos, seem like they are used to solving problems in the street, not at the table...
I agree Cabrini and appreciate the multiple examples ranging from the 80’s up until more recent times with Montagna/Montreal.

It’s going to be interesting to see how this power struggle plays out (however real or imagined it is on the streets). Outside of the funeral home melee last summer, has there been any additional known incidents by Joe C & co. since they were shelved by Mikey Nose in 2019? Or is there any information as to what they’ve been doing since being shelved.

As has been the case throughout LCN history, there is usually multiple catalysts for shelving (in more recent history, murder before that). Obviously they tried to unseat Mancuso while he was in prison and that would be a death sentence back in the day but that was more than 3 years before the funeral home skirmish - while they are dealing with a trigger happy boss, I feel as if there is something to this story that has yet to be revealed. I’ll be interested to see if there’s any clues from Mancuso’s recent VSOR violation and associated documentation.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

When Mikey Nose goes to court and they bring up these rumors he is going to say he only "identifies" as someone on murderous rampage.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

So Mancuso changed idea? No murders?
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

furiofromnaples wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:24 am So Mancuso changed idea? No murders?
That’s precisely my question, Fur.
What goes on, guys?
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Scott's sources are telling him that Mancuso wanted to kill the Cammaranos when he got out of jail after he found out about the soft coup attempt but was talked out of it, but the surreal funeral home melee pushed him back over the edge. Plausible quote from one about why the hell a man like Mancuso is a boss in 2023 in the first place: "Mikey came out on top because he scares the living shit out of everybody he encounters."
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

gohnjotti wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:21 am
mr white wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:15 am There have been guys on these boards - im talking mostly about Pogo and Wiseguy, who have bummed me out and pissed me off over the years with stuff they've said to guys who I wanted to keep posting on here for a good, free read. But in the end, over time, its clear who holds the academic standard in all these discussions and its silly and stupid to think that the guys who know their shit for 20 years are going to bow and roll over to upstart fiction writers with a paywall business plan.. the board can take that for what it wants and i guess we all come here to decide on what is truth and what isn't. iits immature and childish to think that any writer can say "per sources" and then write some wild stuff and be taken seriously that just doesn't work especially if you're making up dialogue for guys that never happened at the same time
Good post. Pogo and Wiseguy might not be the most fun at parties but it’s damn near impossible to go toe-to-toe with them on hard facts. They have spent decades separating fact from fiction and both of them have seen how these forum rumour mills typically play out.

Personally, I think there is a place on here for “sources said” and “rumour has it” information, but guys like Pogo and Wiseguy are crucial for separating established fact from speculation.
I've got my ear to the ground and people who would know tell me they ARE the most fun at parties. But here? Business is business.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:47 pm
Ivan wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:55 pm I got a writer's jock strap for you right here pal
Welcome to the party pal.
He meant he had the condition called Writer's Jock Strap, which is a rash in that shape caused by sitting motionless typing for long periods.
dave
Straightened out

Post by dave »

Scott's video on it:
https://youtu.be/BHD9NKxz_sQ
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Scott's sources are now telling him per the article that just dropped that Bellomo and Mannino are now pressuring Mancuso to cut this insane shit out, with Mancuso telling them that he is the boss of his family and will run it as he sees fit. They say that Bellomo and Mannino knew Cammarano well and are very friendly with him.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

😂😂😂 he just keeps digging
zokiasov
Prospect

Post by zokiasov »

One of these days Scott will tell us that Mike put contracts on Barney and Mannino too.
mr white
Straightened out

Post by mr white »

Guys, Scott's more connected than we realized he's right in there close to the top and soon he'll probably release the full dialogue and I hear Mannino swears a lot but Barney is understated and speaks quietly and has the best sentence structure...
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Ivan wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:09 am Scott's sources are now telling him per the article that just dropped that Bellomo and Mannino are now pressuring Mancuso to cut this insane shit out, with Mancuso telling them that he is the boss of his family and will run it as he sees fit. They say that Bellomo and Mannino knew Cammarano well and are very friendly with him.
I don’t think Scott is out right making these stories up but i doubt he is vetting his sources and just writing whatever speculation they tell him. It sounds reasonable those 2 bosses would send word to Mancuso to not carry out the hit. Things are going about as well business wise as many would have thought in 2023, no one is getting locked up and are building their biz. The last thing Westside and Gambinos need is LE pressure on their businesses. Either way these podcasts really help with my cardio lol