General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Sullycantwell
Straightened out

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Sullycantwell »

anyone know if Giovanni Magliocco, the one who killed Frank D'Agati, was a mafioso?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Sullycantwell wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:43 pm anyone know if Giovanni Magliocco, the one who killed Frank D'Agati, was a mafioso?
It's a good bet. His wife was a Fontana and three sons + two grandsons became members along with all of the other relatives. Hard to imagine Joe Profaci didn't marry into an established mafia clan when you look at the other marriages in his family.

Magliocco's in-laws the D'Agatis were one of the leading clans in Villabate also. Frank's uncle Giulio D'Agate was boss in the 1920s and Frank's father Vincenzo was ID'd as a member in the Sangiorgi Report. Frank's brother and son were both Colombo members.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Anybody have a photo of Steve Zoccoli?
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
bn
Straightened out

Post by bn »

Anyone have info on the Gambino crew of Gaetano 'Tom' Russo?
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

What are the areas of the Bronx and Queens that were major Italian areas with current/former activity? I've read about Pelham, Country Club, Morris Park, Arthur Ave & Throggs Neck in the Bronx. But what about the South Bronx? As for Queens, I've read about Howard Beach, Ozone Park, Ridgewood and Maspeth. Are there other areas like Flushing, Corona, Rego Park? Or even further east in Queens?
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Etna wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:55 am What are the areas of the Bronx and Queens that were major Italian areas with current/former activity? I've read about Pelham, Country Club, Morris Park, Arthur Ave & Throggs Neck in the Bronx. But what about the South Bronx? As for Queens, I've read about Howard Beach, Ozone Park, Ridgewood and Maspeth. Are there other areas like Flushing, Corona, Rego Park? Or even further east in Queens?
South Bronx is mostly Latino (Dominicans/Puerto Ricans) and Black people. Flushing is mostly Asian, idk about the oyher parts.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Just read that Katherine Narducci's (Charmaine from the Sopranos) father Nicky was connected and was killed outside his bar on the Upper East Side in 1976. Any other info about this? What family he was connected to and why he was whacked? Thanks.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:51 am Just read that Katherine Narducci's (Charmaine from the Sopranos) father Nicky was connected and was killed outside his bar on the Upper East Side in 1976. Any other info about this? What family he was connected to and why he was whacked? Thanks.

Pogo
A Nicholas Narducci, 29 (2234 1st Avenue, New York) was arrested in 1965 after a theft of mens sportswear was uncovered by the police. With him was also Anthony Tarlentino,40 (brother in law) (198 Main Street, Mastic (Long Island)) and William Caggiano, 48 (219 Mulberry Street) arrested. I don´t recognize the Tarlentino name but William Caggiano could be the William Caggiano listed as a Genovese member. Age and location of home fits.
Back in 1958 Narducci and Tarlentino were arrested in a drug case with James Santore (born ca 1914) of Philadelphia and Peter Casella (born ca 1907) of Ventnor, NJ. Police also nabbed Emilio D'Aria, 30 of the Bronx; James Massi, 50 of the Bronx: Igrazio L. Orlando, 33. of Elmont, N. Y.; his father. Lorenzo, 57 of Elmont; Joseph P. Lo Piccolo, 40 of Manhattan. Massi and LoPiccolo were Gambino members. Narducci was given a 5 year sentence. So he was affiliated with the Gambino and Genovese Families. At the moment I can not find anything on his murder.
There you have it, never printed before.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Thanks. That's a lot more info than I expected. I found this small piece of info on him.

Narducci grew up in Italian part of Harlem in the ’60s and ’70s. Though she likely didn’t know anything about it at the time, her father Nicky had a long rap sheet. In a 1973 book on corrupt cops, Nicky Narducci was described as “a tough hood … with a lot of arrests on his record.”

What is certain is that he was on the receiving end of a hail of bullets when Kathrine was 10 years old, according to George DeStefano in An Offer We Can’t Refuse. He died outside the Upper East Side bar he ran circa 1976.
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
bn
Straightened out

Post by bn »

Anyone have a DOB - DOD for Steve LaSalla, Lucchese Underboss?
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

bn wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:55 am Anyone have a DOB - DOD for Steve LaSalla, Lucchese Underboss?
https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/La_Sala-51
zpyvzspy84
Associate

Post by zpyvzspy84 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:48 pm
Soliai wrote:Who are the made guys under staino?......Soliai

Vince Filipelli is one.

Pogo
nice,
zpyvzspy84
Associate

Post by zpyvzspy84 »

Agree but talking US CN ,i think History speaks for itself, no rule i think, bit generally frawned upon when talking about murder
you have the couple of more known ones as Scarpa Mary Bary and S goldstein,think J.Burke or the vario crew killed 1 or 2
if you talking Italy, anything goes
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Was listening to MEMBERS ONLY podcast and they went over “Colorado mafia”

But it was to be more about PUEBLO aka CARDILLO FAMILY

We’re they connected with smaldones?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

So uh do you guys actually read Gentile in the original Italian, or has his book been translated into English, or what? (Just curious, I work as a translator in real life.)
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID