General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Villain
Filthy Few

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Villain »

Ivan wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:08 am
Villain wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:59 am
Ivan wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:55 am OK Snakes so if we have everything from say 1986 and before on that Scott list as Aiuppa then that puts him up to like 120. That's even more than Castellano/DeMeo (the DeMeo crew killed "only" about 60 people under Castellano before their leftovers became more a Lucchese thing, and Castellano himself did not order another 60). Wonder how that compares with Capone, who would be hard to quantify as so many Prohibition-era hits in Chicago were just various gangs shooting each other and not really related to Capone or the Chicago Mafia (and the distinction between those two is also a complex subject).

Anyway I'm declaring Mr. Aiuppa the Bloodiest Boss in the "modern era" of the American mob after the Castellamarese War until someone proves me wrong. Thanks for all the info Snakes (and thanks to Scott, too).

Someone could write a book about this with some lurid-ass title to draw in normie True Crime fans. Aiuppa: the Bloodiest Mob Boss You've Never Heard Of or whatever.
No disrespect to any1 but i made the 70s list with a little help from the fellas while Scott was responsible for the 80s
Whoops yeah, sorry. Great work here, Villain.
One of the most famous Chicagoans from the early days, Dwight Moody, founder of Chicago’s Moody Bible Institute, once remarked that, "If the Angel Gabriel came to Chicago, he would surely lose his character within a week". Cheers bud 8-)
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Ill repost this because we went in a completely different direction...and so any1 knows anything about this? Lol (Again thanks to Antiliar)

[/quote]

I can see some of Palermos statements were way off, like the one regarding Accardo being retired in 76 which is completely wrong according to other also reliable sources, including fbi photos from later years
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Villain wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:45 am Ill repost this because we went in a completely different direction...and so any1 knows anything about this? Lol (Again thanks to Antiliar)

I can see some of Palermos statements were way off, like the one regarding Accardo being retired in 76 which is completely wrong according to other also reliable sources, including fbi photos from later years
[/quote]

Lol the key words in that description are "considers himself". As we all know...him being equal status to Cerone or Aiuppa is laughable. Not to say that he couldn't get special benefits because of his relationship with Joe B.

Still, I add this tidbit to the always growing mountain of evidence that proves that regardless of who the day to day bosses were (Cerone/Aiuppa), it was the Riccas and Accardos of the world that always had final say in things.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Coloboy wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:08 am
Villain wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:45 am Ill repost this because we went in a completely different direction...and so any1 knows anything about this? Lol (Again thanks to Antiliar)

Lol the key words in that description are "considers himself". As we all know...him being equal status to Cerone or Aiuppa is laughable. Not to say that he couldn't get special benefits because of his relationship with Joe B.

Still, I add this tidbit to the always growing mountain of evidence that proves that regardless of who the day to day bosses were (Cerone/Aiuppa), it was the Riccas and Accardos of the world that always had final say in things.
[/quote]

I completely agree :lol: although I might give him some credit of being one of the guys who assisted Nicoletti and Lombardo after the imprisonment of both Battaglia and Alderisio, in keeping the Grand/MP crew
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

[/quote]

If I didn't clarify before, I may have made an educated guess in placing Palermo with the Battaglia crew. The fact is that he's one of those guys who are hard to place. He was associated with members of the Battaglia, Cerone, Aiuppa and Daddono crews as well as Accardo himself. I was hoping his FBI file would clarify matters, but it has too many redactions to find out which crew he was part of - if it's even in there at all. So for the present we just don't know which crew he was with.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Antiliar wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:46 pm

If I didn't clarify before, I may have made an educated guess in placing Palermo with the Battaglia crew. The fact is that he's one of those guys who are hard to place. He was associated with members of the Battaglia, Cerone, Aiuppa and Daddono crews as well as Accardo himself. I was hoping his FBI file would clarify matters, but it has too many redactions to find out which crew he was part of - if it's even in there at all. So for the present we just don't know which crew he was with.
That 1982 chart that I found had him listed as a "consultant" which may have just been their way of saying he was direct with one or more of the bosses. Butch Blasi was also listed, so this may be plausible.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Just to be clear, neither of these are “Palermo’s statements”, in the sense of Palermo making claims about the organizational structure.

“He has reportedly bragged…”. This is an FBI report’s interpretation of someone else’s (unnamed) claim about something they said that they overheard Palermo saying. It’s not a statement by Palermo. It could be baseless hearsay, if it did happen it could have been in jest or a casual comment. IMO, it means nothing on its own and doesn’t indicate anything about Palermo’s position or influence.

In August of 1976, the FBI attempted to interview Palermo about the murders of Johnny Roselli and Frank De Legge Jr (Palermo’s son-in-law), in Palermo’s home in Melrose Park. Palermo was not a CI and didn’t give any organizational or criminal information to the FBI. He stated that he knew Accardo as a personal friend and relative by marriage. At no point did Palermo bring anything up regarding the mob or organized crime, not even obliquely. It is pretty clear that when Palermo told the agent that Accardo was “retired”, he meant in the sense of Accardo’s ostensible career as a beer distributor. Palermo was not an informant and was not telling the Feds that Accardo was “retired” from the mafia.

Last edited by PolackTony on Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Antiliar wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:46 pm If I didn't clarify before, I may have made an educated guess in placing Palermo with the Battaglia crew. The fact is that he's one of those guys who are hard to place. He was associated with members of the Battaglia, Cerone, Aiuppa and Daddono crews as well as Accardo himself. I was hoping his FBI file would clarify matters, but it has too many redactions to find out which crew he was part of - if it's even in there at all. So for the present we just don't know which crew he was with.
Palermo’s file tells us nothing of substance about his position and affiliation within the “outfit”, and, as you note, entire pages are redacted. We do learn a few interesting things like some of the guys he personally associated with, but not much more than that. We also know that he was personally close to Joe Amato and partnered with Amato in real estate developments in Tucson. Further, we know for a fact (from Nicky Slim’s testimony) that Amato was a capo. But even that still doesn’t give us any basis to conclude that Palermo was assigned to Amato’s crew. Guys in the mob can be close friends and partnered with guys from other Families, let alone other crews. Guilt by association isn’t sufficient to prove formal affiliation, of course.

In the mid-1970s, Bompensiero reported that Lombardo was Tony Spilotro’s captain. Beyond Spilotro and Caifano, I don’t know that we have any sources that I’ve ever seen that identified actual members (as in made guys) in Lombardo’s crew. Nicky C testified that he didn’t know of anyone in Lombardo’s crew apart from “Jimmy” (obviously Legs D’Antonio), and had never met him and so had obviously never been introduced as “amico nostro”.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Antiliar wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:46 pm

[/quote]

I think during the mid 60s Palermo was in charge now of the sewer contracts around Northlake and Melrose Park. Sources say that both Palermo and Joe Amabile were closely associated with Rocco Pranno in those areas, but if they had any problems they allegedly took it straight to Battaglia.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

....some additional info....in this file we can see that problems between members were directed to either Nicoletti or Palermo, possible members of the Battaglia/MP/Grand Av crew...

Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Just as additional info, another file regarding Palermo being again in the company of MP/Grand Av guys, including the Outfits bosses....it seems he was under the Battaglia/Alderisio/Nicoletti regime...

And also this....

Ill be back in a day or two after I finish my next trip and so pls give me your opinion. Cheers and good thoughts to everyone
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Some info from Bomp in the mid-1970s, not sure if anyone has seen these:
pilotto.png
panarellispilotro.png
spilotrolombardo.png
So Lombardo, Pilotto, and Torello were captains helping Accardo run the Family in 1974.

Bomp incorrectly thought Panarelli was a Lucchese member but did identify him as a member under Sam Cufari.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Not from Bomp but a report mentioning Nicoletti's death says he was "once a capo":
nicoletti.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

B. wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:19 pm Not from Bomp but a report mentioning Nicoletti's death says he was "once a capo":

nicoletti.png
Thanks B.

Im not trying to sound as narcissist but 90% of my so-called educated guesses from back in the days came out to be true.

This again possibly shows that either during the mid or late 60s Nicoletti became or was already a capo, while Alderisio receiver higher and more influential possition. This means that Alderisio was either underboss under Battaglia or was a member of the Outfits BOD, or maybe both.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »