Mike Mancuso put a contract on Cammaranos

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ivan
Full Patched

Re: Mike Mancuso put a contract on Cammaranos

Post by Ivan »

JohnnyS wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:10 pm Joseph Cammarano lives in Glen Cove so I had a look for shootings that have took place there recently and this article popped up from December. https://patch.com/new-york/glencove/sho ... en-cove-pd

"This shooting was not a random act. The initial investigation leads us to believe that the shooting was targeted to this specific residence."
haha wow holy shit good find
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

JohnnyS wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:10 pm Joseph Cammarano lives in Glen Cove so I had a look for shootings that have took place there recently and this article popped up from December. https://patch.com/new-york/glencove/sho ... en-cove-pd

"This shooting was not a random act. The initial investigation leads us to believe that the shooting was targeted to this specific residence."
Great find. I hadn’t seen anything in the last couple of weeks but this was in December.

Last I saw, Joe Cammarano lives on Redwood Ct in Glen Cove and the reporting here states that the incident occurred on New Woods Rd. Could just be another address that’s not public. Either way, Glen Cove isn’t exactly the kind of place with a lot of random shootings, to say the least.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Ivan wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:09 pm

Even more intriguing is.....

I don't know if it's coincidence..... but Glen Cove is exactly where this Corigliano ndrine was supposed to have its base of operations..
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:57 pm

I don't know if it's coincidence..... but Glen Cove is exactly where this Corigliano ndrine was supposed to have its base of operations..
Oh yeah? It’s a wealthy area, and a lot of Italians from Queens and BK moved out there (“Gold Coast” of LI’s North Shore). Could be coincidence as it’s just an area with a lot of people who are well-off, own businesses etc. What info is there on the Coriglianesi operating around there?
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Here's the thread PT
https://theblackhand.club/forum/viewtop ... zo#p246976
And the article that talks about many of these Calabrians settling in Glen Cove.
https://www.corrieredellacalabria.it/20 ... -lamerica/
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:01 pm
CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:57 pm

Oh yeah? It’s a wealthy area, and a lot of Italians from Queens and BK moved out there (“Gold Coast” of LI’s North Shore). Could be coincidence as it’s just an area with a lot of people who are well-off, own businesses etc. What info is there on the Coriglianesi operating around there?

MAFIOSPHERE | New York: Calabrians in charge thanks to Cosa Nostra

Extortions and unity in New York
Among these, Ernesto Toscano, from Rocca di Neto, who thanks to Matozzo had begun to frequent New York with various intentions, some of which were criminal, such as for example changing checks in the name of a local company belonging to some "friends" for liquidity equal to nearly a million dollars. Among those who have a gold buying and check exchange shop, and those who manage painting companies or construction companies, the community of the Valle del Neto area forms a circle and supports its fellow countrymen, old and new. Many of the individuals named in this operation and investigation have businesses or homes in the Franklin Square and Glen Cove areas of Nassau County on Long Island - east of New York .
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:35 pm Many of the individuals named in this operation and investigation have businesses or homes in the Franklin Square and Glen Cove areas of Nassau County on Long Island - east of New York .[/b]
Persicos/Russos in those neighborhoods too.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:38 pm

Great find. I hadn’t seen anything in the last couple of weeks but this was in December.

Last I saw, Joe Cammarano lives on Redwood Ct in Glen Cove and the reporting here states that the incident occurred on New Woods Rd. Could just be another address that’s not public. Either way, Glen Cove isn’t exactly the kind of place with a lot of random shootings, to say the least.
If this shit actually checks out to be exactly as he reported we gotta do something special for Scott. :lol:
Last edited by Ivan on Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

gohnjotti wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:45 pm
CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:35 pm Many of the individuals named in this operation and investigation have businesses or homes in the Franklin Square and Glen Cove areas of Nassau County on Long Island - east of New York .[/b]
That's one of the main points of the article. That this clan was "under" the Persico/Colombo and Gambino families, similar to how the Genovese had nominal oversight over the Corona Queens couple.

Yall must have missed that one.... I thought it was a big deal...lol. Apparently not...
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Yall really saw Ndrangheta clan in NY and didn't click?
Really?
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:03 pm
That's one of the main points of the article. That this clan was "under" the Persico/Colombo and Gambino families, similar to how the Genovese had nominal oversight over the Corona Queens couple.

Yall must have missed that one.... I thought it was a big deal...lol. Apparently not...
It's incredibly interesting. I really don't know anything about this connection. In the past few decades, the Colombos haven't had too many members or associates directly from Italy, in comparison with other families. I have heard rumors that the Persicos still have a lot of connections to the old country and we saw Andrew Russo (a Persico cousin) speaking in a mix of Italian and English to his captains.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:38 pm

It's free to pull deeds on the Nassau County Clerk website. I quickly tried, but I'm on a mobile browser and the site doesn't function well. Might be worth checking - name search for Cammarano ... or Grimaldi even, and see if there is anything for New Woods Road. Searching by street name would be better but I couldn't see if that option was possible on mobile.

There's quite a few Cammaranos in Nassau County but not nearly as many (that have owned property at least) that I thought there would be. There was some sort of filing activity as recent as 2017 under a Joseph Cammarano but I couldn't pull the docs to see what address it was for or what type of filing it was : deed, mortgage, etc

Worth a shot...if we find something for them on New Woods Road, we've cracked the case. Always the possibility of him having the property under a non relative's name but that seems a little overboard, especially given the results for a Joe Cammarano mentioned above
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:03 pm

Believe me, I hadn't caught this. While it raises a bunch of other questions (as you know, of course) it is a very interesting find.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

newera_212 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:56 pm It's free to pull deeds on the Nassau County Clerk website. I quickly tried, but I'm on a mobile browser and the site doesn't function well. Might be worth checking - name search for Cammarano ... or Grimaldi even, and see if there is anything for New Woods Road. Searching by street name would be better but I couldn't see if that option was possible on mobile.

There's quite a few Cammaranos in Nassau County but not nearly as many (that have owned property at least) that I thought there would be. There was some sort of filing activity as recent as 2017 under a Joseph Cammarano but I couldn't pull the docs to see what address it was for or what type of filing it was : deed, mortgage, etc

Worth a shot...if we find something for them on New Woods Road, we've cracked the case. Always the possibility of him having the property under a non relative's name but that seems a little overboard, especially given the results for a Joe Cammarano mentioned above
For whatever it's worth, those two roads are two miles apart on Google Maps. So, not all that close.

I looked on the site but there's a fair few Cammaranos on there like you said. It's pretty overwhelming and the shitty scans of the deeds are hard for my ancient eyes to read.
Chopper
Straightened out

Post by Chopper »

Scott for the win, good for him😁
"Do you think Ralph is a little weird about women?"

"I don't know Ton'… I mean, he beat one to death"