Gangland News 1/26/2023

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Gangland News 1/26/2023

Post by Browniety86 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:05 pm
Little_Al1991 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:31 am He deserved the position.He was keeping the seat warm for Teddy Persico.
I don't agree with the opinion he was "keeping the seat warm for teddy."

He was acting boss for multiple periods through the last 3 decades. He had seniority. IMO it was his age and health which was leading to Teddy taking over. But Mush, if he was 10 years younger, healthy, would've had the job due seniority in front of teddy

Browniety86 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:11 am He's Cousin Eddie's son right...
Shitter's full
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Browniety86 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:36 pm Shitter's full
I literally have that as a Christmas sweater.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Browniety86 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:11 am
NYNighthawk wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:19 am There's no backlash for being related to Sammy the Rat?
He's Cousin Eddie's son right...his Dad was a stand up guy til he died so I'd say no backlash...
1000%
Teflon Dom
Straightened out

Post by Teflon Dom »

gohnjotti wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:43 pm
Little_Al1991 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:31 am He deserved the position.He was keeping the seat warm for Teddy Persico.

He was acting boss for multiple periods through the last 3 decades. He had seniority. IMO it was his age and health which was leading to Teddy taking over. But Mush, if he was 10 years younger, healthy, would've had the job due seniority in front of teddy

Persico Jr. was indeed groomed for the leadership spot after his mid-2000s release from prison (according to Kenny Gallo) and was in the contention to be promoted as boss after his 2008 release from prison.

However, along that same vein, I think it was 2007 or so when someone (maybe James Bombino?) was tape-recorded suggesting that Andy Russo would become acting boss once his supervised release conditions ended in 2010.

Ultimately, I don’t think it matters too much; we’ve seen in the past that, even while serving as an admin member in 2009, Persico Jr. still deferred to Michael Persico (liaison for Junior and Little Allie) for permission on committing acts of violence. And Russo seems to have consistently been a puppet for the Persicos also, so I don’t think it would look much different if Persico Jr. or Andy Russo held the ‘official’ title during that brief period between Junior’s death and Mush’s death. I think it’s more likely that decisions are still made by the Persicos as a faction (including Allie, Michael, Teddy) rather than any one guy on the street. I doubt much changes on the street whether Ralph DeLeo is boss or Andy Russo holds the title.

Then again, I say this even though Vic Orena was Junior Persico’s cousin. So who knows; the Colombos are a volatile family and anything could happen, especially with Teddy Persico and his history of violence. It’s still an important discussion to have because it points to who is more active and well-respected within the family.
Great post, a lot of insight.
Teflon Dom
Straightened out

Post by Teflon Dom »

Anyone else think the Colombo's would be the first NY family to die out if/when it happens?

Post by Guest »

TommyGambino wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:17 am So the true number Camuso received is probably in the millions considering it goes back 10 years. Had anyone actually heard of Camuso until a few years ago?
I agree, very impressive the amount of construction deals they got. With Campos crew they were bringing in some big $ and doubt they do any jail time.

Same w CC from west side, came out of nowhere and is a serious $ guy. Allegedly Tommy’s Figgs Is bigger than all of them and guys a ghost.

I wonder if LE goes after Concrete next as they have a lot of clout there still.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:58 pm
NYNighthawk wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:19 am There's no backlash for being related to Sammy the Rat?
He's Cousin Eddie's son right...his Dad was a stand up guy til he died so I'd say no backlash...
1000%
Sammy always talked shit about his brother in law bring a "sneaky fuck" and such, but Sammy wasn't half the man Eddie Garafola was...Gravano was and is a fucking piece of shit who couldn't stand up when his time came...
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Teflon Dom wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:28 pm

Persico Jr. was indeed groomed for the leadership spot after his mid-2000s release from prison (according to Kenny Gallo) and was in the contention to be promoted as boss after his 2008 release from prison.

However, along that same vein, I think it was 2007 or so when someone (maybe James Bombino?) was tape-recorded suggesting that Andy Russo would become acting boss once his supervised release conditions ended in 2010.

Ultimately, I don’t think it matters too much; we’ve seen in the past that, even while serving as an admin member in 2009, Persico Jr. still deferred to Michael Persico (liaison for Junior and Little Allie) for permission on committing acts of violence. And Russo seems to have consistently been a puppet for the Persicos also, so I don’t think it would look much different if Persico Jr. or Andy Russo held the ‘official’ title during that brief period between Junior’s death and Mush’s death. I think it’s more likely that decisions are still made by the Persicos as a faction (including Allie, Michael, Teddy) rather than any one guy on the street. I doubt much changes on the street whether Ralph DeLeo is boss or Andy Russo holds the title.

Then again, I say this even though Vic Orena was Junior Persico’s cousin. So who knows; the Colombos are a volatile family and anything could happen, especially with Teddy Persico and his history of violence. It’s still an important discussion to have because it points to who is more active and well-respected within the family.
Great post, a lot of insight.
You're referring to my cousin Eddie lampoons pic?

Cheers.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Did your mom post this?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Browniety86 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:33 pm
1000%
Sammy always talked shit about his brother in law bring a "sneaky fuck" and such, but Sammy wasn't half the man Eddie Garafola was...Gravano was and is a fucking piece of shit who couldn't stand up when his time came...
John tried to fuck Sammy. Fuck John. Sammy only turned because he got fucked by John.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Guest wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:41 pm
TommyGambino wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:17 am So the true number Camuso received is probably in the millions considering it goes back 10 years. Had anyone actually heard of Camuso until a few years ago?
I agree, very impressive the amount of construction deals they got. With Campos crew they were bringing in some big $ and doubt they do any jail time.

Same w CC from west side, came out of nowhere and is a serious $ guy. Allegedly Tommy’s Figgs Is bigger than all of them and guys a ghost.

I wonder if LE goes after Concrete next as they have a lot of clout there still.
If you have figgs info, please, share.....
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:14 am
1000%
John tried to fuck Sammy. Fuck John. Sammy only turned because he got fucked by John.
Sammy was a greedy chump. Fabricating lies to the higher ups about his blood family and friends since birth all so he can kill them and take their businesses as his own. Who gives a shit what John said on those tapes, it doesn't give you carte Blanche to do what he did. Sammy was all about Sammy. I know his daughters nickname for her kids father is the bull too.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Guest wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:41 pm
Same w CC from west side, came out of nowhere
None of these guys came out of nowhere. Camuso, Chierchio put in years and years of work before they got where they were when the board ‘discovered’ them.

I take it you’d be surprised to realize the amount of guys the internet has no idea about.
DonPeppino386
Straightened out

Post by DonPeppino386 »

Thanks for posting!
A fish with its mouth closed never gets caught.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:53 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:14 am
1000%
Sammy was a greedy chump. Fabricating lies to the higher ups about his blood family and friends since birth all so he can kill them and take their businesses as his own. Who gives a shit what John said on those tapes, it doesn't give you carte Blanche to do what he did. Sammy was all about Sammy. I know his daughters nickname for her kids father is the bull too.
Exactly Tony