General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

funkster
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by funkster »

lol the sarcasm went over my head...message boards...
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Interesting stuff on Aiuppas post release year Antillar, I don’t remember him discussing that but I take his word on it…he was pretty fond of Aiuppa and I pretty sure interacted with him through his father. Years ago I had some email back and forth a with him on O’Brien and I think its fair to say his info is probably accurate. Aiuppas reign was bloody, I’d imagine guys were tired of that and Sam wasn’t super interested in giving up the crown.

Tony, is Henry Centracchio still alive? Side note, I follow La Scarolas “owner” on IG, looks like Perry Mandera still hangs there quite a bit. Post of him there last night.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

For what it's worth, the FBI described Aiuppa as "consigliere" when he died in 1997. Could have just been honorary or even a mislabeling by the FBI, but I'd need to know more to make an accurate assessment.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

funkster wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:53 am Tony, is Henry Centracchio still alive? Side note, I follow La Scarolas “owner” on IG, looks like Perry Mandera still hangs there quite a bit. Post of him there last night.
Haha, fuckin’ Perry Mandera. I wonder if he’s still “moving the hearts of Chicago teens”?

https://medium.com/@perrymandera/perry- ... e92a8ff811

Henry Centracchio died in 2020. For some reason, despite his notorious and well-publicized criminal past, he was able to work for the City DWM and collect a nice pension. I’m sure the same opportunities are afforded to other major drug dealers.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/ch ... id=3204875
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

1962, Tony DeTolve and Freddie Roti in the 1st Ward office discussing Frank Schweihs. Frank’s girlfriend Eugenia Pappas had gone missing at this time and Frank was under a lot of heat. Roti confirms that Schweihs was Alderisio’s driver.

funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

PolackTony wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:45 am
funkster wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:53 am Tony, is Henry Centracchio still alive? Side note, I follow La Scarolas “owner” on IG, looks like Perry Mandera still hangs there quite a bit. Post of him there last night.
Haha, fuckin’ Perry Mandera. I wonder if he’s still “moving the hearts of Chicago teens”?

https://medium.com/@perrymandera/perry- ... e92a8ff811

Henry Centracchio died in 2020. For some reason, despite his notorious and well-publicized criminal past, he was able to work for the City DWM and collect a nice pension. I’m sure the same opportunities are afforded to other major drug dealers.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/ch ... id=3204875
lol must be that weed money
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

funkster wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:53 am Interesting stuff on Aiuppas post release year Antillar, I don’t remember him discussing that but I take his word on it…he was pretty fond of Aiuppa and I pretty sure interacted with him through his father. Years ago I had some email back and forth a with him on O’Brien and I think its fair to say his info is probably accurate. Aiuppas reign was bloody, I’d imagine guys were tired of that and Sam wasn’t super interested in giving up the crown.

Tony, is Henry Centracchio still alive? Side note, I follow La Scarolas “owner” on IG, looks like Perry Mandera still hangs there quite a bit. Post of him there last night.

FWIW, in one of his Chicago outfit “addendums”, Fosco describes in pretty close detail what his impression of that 1997 era was. According to him, Carlisi, Cerone, and Aiuppa did not retain their positions while in prison and Difronzo was official boss from 92 on. When Aiuppa got out he supposedly wanted to kill Cerone, and kept requesting meetings with Difronzo. This is all according to Fosco, but he says Difronzo just sort of stalled and delayed and then Aiuppa passed shortly thereafter.

If that’s true, it definitely lends credence to the notion that Aiuppa had no real power at the end there. As street smart as a guy like Difronzo was there is no way he would have played games with him like that if he felt Aiuppa was a real threat in any way.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Coloboy wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:15 pm
funkster wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:53 am Interesting stuff on Aiuppas post release year Antillar, I don’t remember him discussing that but I take his word on it…he was pretty fond of Aiuppa and I pretty sure interacted with him through his father. Years ago I had some email back and forth a with him on O’Brien and I think its fair to say his info is probably accurate. Aiuppas reign was bloody, I’d imagine guys were tired of that and Sam wasn’t super interested in giving up the crown.

FWIW, in one of his Chicago outfit “addendums”, Fosco describes in pretty close detail what his impression of that 1997 era was. According to him, Carlisi, Cerone, and Aiuppa did not retain their positions while in prison and Difronzo was official boss from 92 on. When Aiuppa got out he supposedly wanted to kill Cerone, and kept requesting meetings with Difronzo. This is all according to Fosco, but he says Difronzo just sort of stalled and delayed and then Aiuppa passed shortly thereafter.

If that’s true, it definitely lends credence to the notion that Aiuppa had no real power at the end there. As street smart as a guy like Difronzo was there is no way he would have played games with him like that if he felt Aiuppa was a real threat in any way.
Who was the guy that claimed he use to piss in Aiuppa’s meal every time he came to a certain restaurant, I think in Oak Brook. The guy worked there and Aiuppa would go there every week after being released from prison. this guys father I believe was murdered on orders of Aiuppa.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:19 pm
Coloboy wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:15 pm

this guys father I believe was murdered on orders of Aiuppa.
Doesn’t really narrow it down, does it.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Did Fosco ever give his reasons for why Aiuppa would have wanted Cerone clipped? not sure aiuppa was all there at the end.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

funkster wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:40 pm Did Fosco ever give his reasons for why Aiuppa would have wanted Cerone clipped? not sure aiuppa was all there at the end.
I think Aiuppa wanted him clipped before they went to prison because of his drinking problem and the issues he created when he was drunk. There's probably more to it, but I recall that was mentioned.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Antiliar wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:37 pm
funkster wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:40 pm Did Fosco ever give his reasons for why Aiuppa would have wanted Cerone clipped? not sure aiuppa was all there at the end.
I think Aiuppa wanted him clipped before they went to prison because of his drinking problem and the issues he created when he was drunk. There's probably more to it, but I recall that was mentioned.
Yeah, don’t recall if it was Fosco or elsewhere, but my impression has definitely been that there was personal dislike between Aiuppa and Cerone. As it seems that Cerone had been slated to become boss until his candidacy was tanked by his earlier legal issues, I would imagine that this contributed to some degree to tensions with Aiuppa also.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Now that you mention it, I do recall a discussion being had about wanting to take out Cerone before they went to jail. Always have to be careful with Fosco when he talks about any of the Cerones though, there was clearly no love there. Not that Jack Cerone was known to be a lovable guy..
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

New SB article yesterday says he hears Toots has planted th 26th Street crew flag back in NW Indiana.

Post by Guest »

funkster wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:19 pm New SB article yesterday says he hears Toots has planted th 26th Street crew flag back in NW Indiana.
Interesting. Seems there’s more going on with 26 street most of us would’ve guessed. Not surprising though.

It has always surprised me that we’ve never heard toots name in relation to any conversation about the top administration or a potential boss role. He’s got the Pedegree and he’s a very long-standing Capo.