Youngstown's Amil Dinsio Laguna Nigel Bank Heist of President Nixon

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JCB1977
Filthy Few

Youngstown's Amil Dinsio Laguna Nigel Bank Heist of President Nixon

Post by JCB1977 »

"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Re: Youngstown's Amil Dinsio Laguna Nigel Bank Heist of President Nixon

Post by FriendofHenry »

JCB1977 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:03 pm You gotta love this guy...

https://www.wfmj.com/story/40135597/con ... dent-nixon
I know Amil. Some say he wacked Joey Naples simply to gain favor with Lenny Strollo. None knows why or what good it would have done him.
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
coldshoulder
On Record

Post by coldshoulder »

Just an FYI for other readers and posters, the linked article is from 2019.

Dinsio's book, "Inside the Vault" is very good and I highly recommend it.

There's also a handful of good YouTube clips about the burglary, just search "Amil Dinsio".

Phil Christopher, whom Amil now regrets including as part of his Laguna Nigel "team", also wrote a book a few years back called "Superthief". It's a bit meandering and not nearly as good as "Inside the Vault" but does touch on that big California score.
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

coldshoulder wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:33 pm Just an FYI for other readers and posters, the linked article is from 2019.

There's also a handful of good YouTube clips about the burglary, just search "Amil Dinsio".

Phil Christopher, whom Amil now regrets including as part of his Laguna Nigel "team", also wrote a book a few years back called "Superthief". It's a bit meandering and not nearly as good as "Inside the Vault" but does touch on that big California score.
Yeah, Phil actually got Amil and his brothers pinched for their Laguna Nigel heist.
There was a TV show about the "Greatest Heists" and Laguna was #1 ;)
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

FriendofHenry wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:50 pm
coldshoulder wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:33 pm Just an FYI for other readers and posters, the linked article is from 2019.

Yeah, Phil actually got Amil and his brothers pinched for their Laguna Nigel heist.

Phil likes to get people jammed up. Imagine having have to work into your 70’s as a iron worker , especially after making all those scores
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
coldshoulder
On Record

Post by coldshoulder »

coldshoulder wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:33 pm
My bad, Cleveland author Rick Porrello actually wrote "Superthief", about the life and times of Phil Christopher. Porrello has an extensive history chronicling the Cleveland mob scene, and all his books have been very well-written and very informative. It's been 10+ years since I read "Superthief" and it finally occurred to me after I posted this that he was the author, not Christopher.
Nicholas
Straightened out

Post by Nicholas »

Stroccos wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:19 pm

Phil likes to get people jammed up. Imagine having have to work into your 70’s as a iron worker , especially after making all those scores
Ironwork in his 70's? Jesus Christ, seriously?
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Nicholas - The 101st. Airborne :D Me too :)
Chrissy_Scars
Honorary Member

Post by Chrissy_Scars »

Not sure if it has been mentioned on this forum yet but listen to “Crooked City: Youngstown OH”. A great podcast on the mob history of Youngstown as well as the Jim Traficant history. Dinsio tells this story mentioned in the article. And they talk to a lot of other characters from the time frame like Mark Batcho, Frank Susan’s, FBI Agent Bob Kroner, Paul Gains, etc.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Nicholas wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:32 am

I know some in their 70s. I'm in ironworkers union so I know handful of 70s, but quite a few more
in there 60s.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:18 am

I know some in their 70s. I'm in ironworkers union so I know handful of 70s, but quite a few more
in there 60s.
Sucks for them Should of invested there money
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Stroccos wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:46 pm

in there 60s.
Your tone when you responded to Dinisio working into his 70s seemed sympathetic and unfortunate for him. This comment not so much. But why some would be working into their 70s is not black or white such as "should of invested there money" fyi
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:24 pm

in there 60s.
Your tone when you responded to Dinisio working into his 70s seemed sympathetic and unfortunate for him. This comment not so much. But why some would be working into their 70s is not black or white such as "should of invested there money" fyi
I was talking about Phil Christopher who was a iron worker and I don’t care abour Phil or amil . Phil had a small fortune and shot it off , he chose to keep committing crimes after being. Busted many times fuck em
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Stroccos wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:41 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:24 pm

in there 60s.
I was talking about Phil Christopher who was a iron worker and I don’t care abour Phil or amil . Phil had a small fortune and shot it off , he chose to keep committing crimes after being. Busted many times fuck em
I agree with your sentiment 👍
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

FriendofHenry wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:58 pm
JCB1977 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:03 pm You gotta love this guy...

https://www.wfmj.com/story/40135597/con ... dent-nixon
I know Amil. Some say he wacked Joey Naples simply to gain favor with Lenny Strollo. None knows why or what good it would have done him.
Convicted contract killer Robert Dorler Sr. who admitted to the Junior Senzarino hit after leaving blood evidence upon his escape, gave the FBI all the details regarding Amil. He dropped dead of a heart attack in prison after giving a written affidavit and was willing to testify...the indictment went out the window the minute he dropped dead. Per FBI SA Bob Kroner.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP