Gangland 1-19-2023

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CornerBoy
Full Patched

Re: Gangland 1-19-2023

Post by CornerBoy »

Chucky wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:09 am Borrello being a Cowboys fan is very on brand
i think i know what you mean but not sure......

He's a rat, a fucking complete whacko, but i almost, ALMOST feel bad for him.

He must have acute impulsivity disorder or whatever the clinical name for reckless and stupid is
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

11K/month isnt as impressive as a person outside of NYC would think. i would think thats like renting a 2M apt, pls correct me if im wrong on if the two are commensurate or not.

Blog about tourist attractions? sounds interesting. LInk?

How you know bout beef w pennissi the guy who said the earth was shaking?

Good entry, newera- you usually have similar takes as me on this stuff
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

CornerBoy wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:25 am 11K/month isnt as impressive as a person outside of NYC would think. i would think thats like renting a 2M apt, pls correct me if im wrong on if the two are commensurate or not.

Blog about tourist attractions? sounds interesting. LInk?

How you know bout beef w pennissi the guy who said the earth was shaking?

Good entry, newera- you usually have similar takes as me on this stuff
I know there are obviously more expensive places but $11K/month on rent in Manhattan is still pretty high. Those newer luxury high rise rentals have insanely strict rules that are set up to weed out anyone remotely illegitimate. Those types of places usually don't allow for

- rent to be paid in cash
- rent to be pre-paid (i.e. "let me pay 6 months up front")
- any blemishes on credit report no matter what the excuse (no "oh I got hit hard in a divorce, but I have money now...")

And they almost always need proof that you have an active income on paper - not assets or a bank account snapshot - equivalent to 40x the monthly rent, annually

They don't care who you are or who you know. Unless you're greenlighted by the owner of the place or you're an employee of the company that owns it, 99% of the time you're not bypassing those rules

Over COVID when things were slower in the high-end rental market those could have been a little lax, but even in those cases instead of easing up on the rules or lowering the rent, they'd throw in a month for free (and extend the lease; 1 month free on a 13 month term)

So this Cherichio had to have had his shit together on paper, or more than likely - the apartment was under someone else's name . But $11K/month just on rent is a pretty crazy nut to come up with. Most reasonable people with money would assume to buy something if they were going to spend that much each month, and at least get an investment opportunity, the chance to rent it to someone else, equity, etc. - plus this guy had a home on Staten Island that he lived in, so this $11K/month spot in the city was more or less a crash pad. Not unheard of for someone in the boroughs with money to rent a small place in the city just to have, but $11k/month? That's kind of insane. He must have been pulling down huge money from everything he had going on
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

those companies like Glenwood would probably be strict w shit like that?

I lived in one around the time of 9/11 and they were horrible.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

They are easy to hate but I don't fault any Cowboys fan. Back in the day they were like one of the only few teams that were on TV - if fandom is passed down through families, it makes sense . I think Howard Beach is more of a "Jets area" too and the Jets stink so someone going in another direction...can't blame 'em
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

CornerBoy wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:02 am those companies like Glenwood would probably be strict w shit like that?

I lived in one around the time of 9/11 and they were horrible.
Kind of - pretty much, but Glenwood isn't as strict. They have some older buildings that are decent but not super nice, that were brought out of stabilization where they are allowed to accept pre-payment of rent, additional security deposit, etc. - the newer luxury buildings are automatically entered into stabilization (due to tax breaks) so they aren't allowed to do that type of shit

I've heard rumors that Glenwood has missed payroll a few times from former employees
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

holy shit-dead on--PM me if you want