Feds are considering indicting Michael Coppola for the Larry Ricci hit

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JohnnyS
Full Patched

Feds are considering indicting Michael Coppola for the Larry Ricci hit

Post by JohnnyS »

https://gangsterreport.com/genovese-mob ... -case-hit/

Unfortunately the article is behind a paywall.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Feds are considering indicting Michael Coppola for the Larry Ricci hit

Post by Wiseguy »

They were considering it 15 years ago. I wonder what's changed that they feel they could now bring charges?
All roads lead to New York.
DonPeppino386
Straightened out

Post by DonPeppino386 »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:40 am They were considering it 15 years ago. I wonder what's changed that they feel they could now bring charges?
Agreed. I wonder if there is new evidence or a new informant has come forward?
A fish with its mouth closed never gets caught.
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Wasn't Coppola's son also involved in this hit? The idea of a father/son hit team while the father was wanted by the FBI was always crazy to me in this day and age.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Name: MICHAEL COPPOLA
Register Number: 00386-050
Race: White
Sex: Male
Released On: 10/20/2022

Just when I thought I was out. They pull me back in.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

It was probably that guy tino who gave the orderd. Since he's dead think its a dead case
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Makes sense with that tickle the wire Post article about Manny Rodriguez as he is one of Coppola’s long term guys. I see them goombahs at Spanish Pavillion sometimes

Waterfront commission has been all over him, bounced his boy from the union

Interesting NJ LE doesn’t seem to be devoting many resources to these WF investigations, it’s been that way since the port strike and Christie about face on WFC and its hiring policies. I think NJ wised up pre Covid and supported a realistic / well run union. Paid off in billions w port nwk now biggest port on country
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

Short of a cooperator, I don’t see it.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Wasn't Ricci close to Johnny DiGilio and essentially got hit for the same fucking thing, but taking the global plea deal?
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Was Ricci not also involved in a bizarre plot to murder high ranking members of the Philly mob and install his friend Pete the crumb caprio as boss , it never got out of the planning stage caprio ratted
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

looks like the Feds trying to see if they can shake information loose in the street...if they had the goods they would have indicted.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

TommyNoto wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:57 pm Makes sense with that tickle the wire Post article about Manny Rodriguez as he is one of Coppola’s long term guys. I see them goombahs at Spanish Pavillion sometimes

Interesting NJ LE doesn’t seem to be devoting many resources to these WF investigations, it’s been that way since the port strike and Christie about face on WFC and its hiring policies. I think NJ wised up pre Covid and supported a realistic / well run union. Paid off in billions w port nwk now biggest port on country
I may be wrong so my understanding from this post-is that Jersey is willing to look the other way on some mob related hiring practices as long as the port is well run and it's "economics" is providing to the states tax base?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Hailbritain wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:22 pm Was Ricci not also involved in a bizarre plot to murder high ranking members of the Philly mob and install his friend Pete the crumb caprio as boss , it never got out of the planning stage caprio ratted
I don't recall if Ricci was specifically involved in that plot but he reportedly talked too much about moving in on Philly territory.
Tonyd621 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:10 am
TommyNoto wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:57 pm Makes sense with that tickle the wire Post article about Manny Rodriguez as he is one of Coppola’s long term guys. I see them goombahs at Spanish Pavillion sometimes

I may be wrong so my understanding from this post-is that Jersey is willing to look the other way on some mob related hiring practices as long as the port is well run and it's "economics" is providing to the states tax base?
Well, ironically enough, it's New Jersey who is trying to leave the Waterfront Commission. Despite the fact virtually all of the remaining mob presence on the waterfront is in New Jersey.
All roads lead to New York.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Tonyd621 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:10 am

Not the mob , the port unions. The strike scared everyone as it shut down so much commerce. Pre strike Christie was pro WFC, after strike he did full 180 and anti WFC . All speculation but I think NJ might of went more hands off approach as long as port operations are humming/ no more strikes. Now port NWK is most powerful port in USA and possible world with strong infrastructure - refinery, pipelines, rail and expanding airport.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Why did Coppola hit John Lardiere?