What was the relationship between Paul and Neil like?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Nasabeak
Straightened out

What was the relationship between Paul and Neil like?

Post by Nasabeak »

These two guys came up roughly around the same time, even if they came from difficult circles. They probably both got made around roughly the same time, became Capos around the same time (Paul in 1959, Neil in 1962). They worked alongside each other in an administrative capacity for almost 20 years (as Paul had been Acting Boss since 1967)

I feel like the Bergin Crew had more of a beef with Paul than Dellacroce himself might’ve had. But, I’m curious if there’s any indications about it one way or the other. If it was just purely professional; or if there was a mutual respect? Or what?
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Re: What was the relationship between Paul and Neil like?

Post by johnny_scootch »

Nasabeak wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:22 pm These two guys came up roughly around the same time, even if they came from difficult circles. They probably both got made around roughly the same time, became Capos around the same time (Paul in 1959, Neil in 1962). They worked alongside each other in an administrative capacity for almost 20 years (as Paul had been Acting Boss since 1967)

I feel like the Bergin Crew had more of a beef with Paul than Dellacroce himself might’ve had. But, I’m curious if there’s any indications about it one way or the other. If it was just purely professional; or if there was a mutual respect? Or what?
I think the fact they worked alongside each other for 20 years and Neil didn’t make a move after Carlo died says everything you need to know about their relationship. Whether they loved or hated each other they both kept their mouths shut and made it work.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

i agree scootch-only plausible scenario
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

"You don't understand Cosa Nostra. The boss is your boss." - Neil Dellacroce
All roads lead to New York.
DonPeppino386
Straightened out

Post by DonPeppino386 »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:11 pm "You don't understand Cosa Nostra. The boss is your boss." - Neil Dellacroce
I think this sums it up perfectly. Aniello understood and seemingly truly lived by the rules. The fact the Gotti waited until after Aniello died to make a move against Paul speaks volumes to me as well.
A fish with its mouth closed never gets caught.