Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Newyorkempire »

The 20 years since there has been indictment is not 100% accurate as discussed many times over. As we've gone into great detail what is considered the mafia in Buffalo
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

B. wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:51 pm Does anyone remember the name of the Sicilian restaurant owner in Buffalo who was indicted for selling cocaine and (I believe) messing around with a minor some years back? When I looked into him it seemed he was from Agrigento and his surname shows up in the Sicilian mafia there.

Also does anyone know who the guy is on the far left? He's an American who visited Montallegro with the Todaros, curious if he's a relative. There are other photos of them with who I presume to be Sicilian relatives.

B. was it Filippo Inglima. He has owned restaurants and has faced deportation to Italy for abuse of a 13 year old girl. I believe he was involved in the Amoia, Vacanti, Piccione, Gambino drug business and if I remember correctly worked at the Lovejoy Bar and Grill that was burned to the ground-but that could have been one of the Piccione’s.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:06 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:11 pm Except of course in the case of Bellomo the Feds have haven't come out and openly said his organization is gone and that he is not running anything. So apples to organizes comparison. And in that 20 year period there have literally been hundreds of Genovese members and associates indicted for a wide range of crimes. In 2022 alone 10 Genovese made members were indicted. So again no comparison.
And Bellomo himself did a decade in prison. What a ridiculous comparison.
The point, children, is if you want to argue that proof Todaro isn't committing any crimes or head of an active organisation because "He hasn't been prosecuted in 20 years" then pointing out Barney hasn't been prosecuted in 15 renders, your point moot.

And no, I'm not arguing about members being prosecuted and I'm not arguing Barney hasn't been prosecuted. Read the words carefully.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Again your point is moot since the evidence is the FBI and local LE coming out and flat out saying Todaro is not running anything and that his organization no longer exists. Not just Todaro, in isolation, not being prosecuted in 20 years.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

The FBI says he is currently head of the Buffalo Mob
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

^^^
Court papers indicate HSI has made statements stating Todaro is in charge of the Buffalo mafia. I don’t believe there are court papers with those allegations from the FBI. The FBI is working with HSI on this investigation but HSI is taking the lead. That could be why the FBI has nothing on record on this investigation to date. HSI is a federal law enforcement agency like the FBI so at least one branch of federal LE does indicate Todaro is Buffalo’s mob boss.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

NickleCity wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:11 am ^^^
Court papers indicate HSI has made statements stating Todaro is in charge of the Buffalo mafia. I don’t believe there are court papers with those allegations from the FBI. The FBI is working with HSI on this investigation but HSI is taking the lead. That could be why the FBI has nothing on record on this investigation to date. HSI is a federal law enforcement agency like the FBI so at least one branch of federal LE does indicate Todaro is Buffalo’s mob boss.
My mistake. Thank you
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:17 am Again your point is moot since the evidence is the FBI and local LE coming out and flat out saying Todaro is not running anything and that his organization no longer exists. Not just Todaro, in isolation, not being prosecuted in 20 years.
That was the only point I was debunking Strawman ;)

And I used 'moot' first!
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:17 am Again your point is moot since the evidence is the FBI and local LE coming out and flat out saying Todaro is not running anything and that his organization no longer exists.
NickleCity wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:11 am Court papers indicate HSI has made statements stating Todaro is in charge of the Buffalo mafia.....
HSI is a federal law enforcement agency like the FBI so at least one branch of federal LE does indicate Todaro is Buffalo’s mob boss.
Festivus you cant pick and choose your LE Bureau now....
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

Everyone is coming up with statements and examples that fit their model of the situation. To me the precise issue is whether a small viable organization, and its head, that primarily operates in another country with strong insulation, can avoid U.S. prosecution for a significant period after the FBI in that area has closed up shop after concluding that the organization no longer exists. I'm assuming the FBI there is not corrupt. By the way, have alleged Buffalo members been arrested in Canada?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

NickleCity wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:24 am
B. wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:51 pm Does anyone remember the name of the Sicilian restaurant owner in Buffalo who was indicted for selling cocaine and (I believe) messing around with a minor some years back? When I looked into him it seemed he was from Agrigento and his surname shows up in the Sicilian mafia there.
B. was it Filippo Inglima. He has owned restaurants and has faced deportation to Italy for abuse of a 13 year old girl. I believe he was involved in the Amoia, Vacanti, Piccione, Gambino drug business and if I remember correctly worked at the Lovejoy Bar and Grill that was burned to the ground-but that could have been one of the Piccione’s.
That's him! Thank you. He was convicted of marijuana and cocaine trafficking with connections to Canada, Chicago, NYC, Ohio, and New Orleans.

A Pasquale Inglima was involved with the Favara Family in Agrigento too: https://www1.adnkronos.com/Archivio/Adn ... 112100.php

I believe Filippo is from Agrigento as well and as we know Buffalo has a long history of immigration from there.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:11 amThe point, children, is if you want to argue that proof Todaro isn't committing any crimes or head of an active organisation because "He hasn't been prosecuted in 20 years" then pointing out Barney hasn't been prosecuted in 15 renders, your point moot.

And no, I'm not arguing about members being prosecuted and I'm not arguing Barney hasn't been prosecuted. Read the words carefully.
It's not just Todaro. It's been 20 years since any made member was indicted in Buffalo. But we're supposed to believe Violi (who was charged in Canada) is somehow the rule and not very much the exception.
All roads lead to New York.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Again. It is believed that Massechia was a member and the Geraces are to be considered mafia.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

B. wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:22 pm
That's him! Thank you. He was convicted of marijuana and cocaine trafficking with connections to Canada, Chicago, NYC, Ohio, and New Orleans.

A Pasquale Inglima was involved with the Favara Family in Agrigento too: https://www1.adnkronos.com/Archivio/Adn ... 112100.php

I believe Filippo is from Agrigento as well and as we know Buffalo has a long history of immigration from there.
I’m pretty sure he is from Agrigento. I was surprised at how little coverage there was on this and the 24 other arrests in WNY. I don’t see any stories about the indictments and arrests and only a few once sentencing was being considered and that was only about David Gambino and Inglima. If someone can find some actual news stories about this when the indictments come out, that would be much appreciated.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Newyorkempire wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:33 pm Again. It is believed that Massechia was a member
Um, no. The prosecution said "associate or possible member." And considering the guy was a high school teacher moonlighting as a marijuana dealer, well, its likely not the latter. Though I do find it amusing that whenever the identity of who these 20-25 unknown members comes up, this guy is who you have to go to as your example. If that just doesn't say it all...
and the Geraces are to be considered mafia.
"There's a difference between the Mafia and loosely connected individuals committing Mafia-style crimes." - Former FBI SAC (in reference to Buffalo)

The Geraces, Massechia, Militello, Bella, Serio, etc. fall under this description.
All roads lead to New York.