Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Newyorkempire »

NothingNew44 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:28 am So again I think multiple things can be true. There’s a LCN group that’s called the Buffalo Family. I personally believe it is active in Canada, not so much in Buffalo. Violi is a member, hence him meeting and being recognized by members in other Families. I believe that Todaro is the recognized boss. I believe violi is the underboss of said group. Wiretaps have violi claiming he met with todaro for this. Ok.

I don’t believe todaro participates in the criminal activity. I dont believe violi beat out 30 dudes for underboss. I don’t believe the commission talk.

I’m not married to anything. I’m giving my view on the current evidence.
You said he isn't in direct contact with anyone in Canada, not true. He's directly involved if he is appointing underbosses and has lied saying he has never met Violi.
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

Newyorkempire wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:31 am
NothingNew44 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:28 am So again I think multiple things can be true. There’s a LCN group that’s called the Buffalo Family. I personally believe it is active in Canada, not so much in Buffalo. Violi is a member, hence him meeting and being recognized by members in other Families. I believe that Todaro is the recognized boss. I believe violi is the underboss of said group. Wiretaps have violi claiming he met with todaro for this. Ok.

I don’t believe todaro participates in the criminal activity. I dont believe violi beat out 30 dudes for underboss. I don’t believe the commission talk.

I’m not married to anything. I’m giving my view on the current evidence.
You said he isn't in direct contact with anyone in Canada, not true. He's directly involved if he is appointing underbosses and has lied saying he has never met Violi.
Holy

I’m giving my opinion. I’ve said my thoughts multiple times. You disagree with them. That’s ok. If more evidence comes out that shows I should reevaluate otherwise I can do that. I’m not there yet.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

NickleCity wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:29 am Thoughts on Ron Fino's statement:“They are shielded by others,” said Fino, who had Todaro as a groomsman at his 1970 wedding. “They have a long line. You have to go after their shields and have them cooperate, and that is expensive. Said Fino: “There are people who would go to jail for him.

Then there is what The Buffalo News reported Metelsky said: "Metelsky said Todaro and other suspected mobsters in Buffalo are extremely careful and have been in “turtle mode” for many years." Did Metelsky specifically mean "in Buffalo" or was he speaking of the totality of the organization?
Meaning in Buffalo city. Canada faction has not been in turtle mode for years.
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:08 pm
Newyorkempire wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:58 pm You heard it here first, an internet poster knows Violi well enough to declare him a liar with a wild imagination. Thank God we have such amazing first hand intel.
Some of you guys apparently need this to be explained to you because you're just lost. The evidence suggests Violi was wildly exaggerating. 30 members of the Buffalo LCN on the Canadian side of the border alone? And then add the known guys on the US side and you're looking at 40 members. Lol, it's horseshit and you know it. It's why there hasn't been a single additional identified beyond the 11 members already known. Not one. The evidence is there for anyone smart enough to analyze it. And don't even get me started on Todaro joining the Commission. :roll:
Tonyd621 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:45 pmThat's kind of my point. If you think Violi is lying or exaggerating then maybe you think Todaro is not active, but if he is telling the truth then you have to think Todaro is active the way Violi threw his name around
It's not either/or. Obviously I think Violi was wildly exaggerating.

Todaro is the boss but how "active" is another matter. Because of his nominal position, he evidently still has some clout within LCN circles, at least along formal lines, but there's really no organization left for him to oversee. And the fact he's never been charged is proof positive he's miles away from anything criminal.
I agree I think Violi is exaggerating. But I think not being arrested or charged doesn't prove innocence or guilt. Moreover, because your name isn't on an fbi chart does not mean your not relevant in modern day Cosa Nostra.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

I wonder how long the Todaro’s has used a street or front boss to insulate themselves. The in the new article on Todaro The Buffalo News wrote:

“Joe Jr. was always very, very cautious of what was going on at the business because he was concerned about forfeiture,” Goralski said, referring to the prosecutors’ practice of seizing assets. “We never saw a member in there, except one day, there was a street boss. They were right in the dining area, and Joe Jr.’s jaw just dropped. They were talking but we couldn’t hear.”

This seems to fit with what Ron Fino wrote in his book about Falzone fronting for Todaro, Sr.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:08 pm
Newyorkempire wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:58 pm You heard it here first, an internet poster knows Violi well enough to declare him a liar with a wild imagination. Thank God we have such amazing first hand intel.
Some of you guys apparently need this to be explained to you because you're just lost. The evidence suggests Violi was wildly exaggerating. 30 members of the Buffalo LCN on the Canadian side of the border alone? And then add the known guys on the US side and you're looking at 40 members. Lol, it's horseshit and you know it. It's why there hasn't been a single additional identified beyond the 11 members already known. Not one. The evidence is there for anyone smart enough to analyze it. And don't even get me started on Todaro joining the Commission. :roll:
Tonyd621 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:45 pmThat's kind of my point. If you think Violi is lying or exaggerating then maybe you think Todaro is not active, but if he is telling the truth then you have to think Todaro is active the way Violi threw his name around
It's not either/or. Obviously I think Violi was wildly exaggerating.

Todaro is the boss but how "active" is another matter. Because of his nominal position, he evidently still has some clout within LCN circles, at least along formal lines, but there really no organization left for him to oversee. And the fact he's never been charged is proof positive he's miles away from anything criminal.
I’m not agreeing or disagreeing but if there is no organization , why is there a large public Federal investigation of Buffalo mafia ?

Should we assume you have more information on the Buffalo mafia than the Feds ?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

What are you talking about?

The local FBI once had a large squad of agents working full time on mob cases, but the agency no longer considers the Mafia a presence in this region, according to Adam S. Cohen, special agent in charge of the Buffalo FBI office.

“Some of the individuals who were leaders of the Mafia are still around,” Cohen said. “But their organized crime activities don’t exist anymore. Some of them have legitimate businesses that we know of.”

no one leads what is left of the mob in this region, Cohen said.

Several retired state and local law enforcement officials who specialized in Mafia investigations agreed.

The Mafia, and the way of life that fostered the Mafia, is pretty much gone,” said Lee Coppola, 73, a former federal prosecutor and news reporter who grew up among mobsters and their families on Buffalo’s West Side.

Today, both Cohen and Coppola estimate that there are no more than a handful of surviving mob members in the area, with no viable organization to unite them, and no leader.

the FBI’s contention that the Buffalo mob family no longer is active and no longer has a leader.

https://buffalonews.com/2017/03/19/fbi- ... perations/
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

For the record, I reviewed the OTremens thread and it was 30 American members alleged. Not counting however many on the Canadian side. :roll:
NothingNew44 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:04 amExactly my thoughts. There seems to be a level of respect for Todaro from people under the LCN banner. But, his direct involvement in anything criminal seems to be non existent. If he was involved he’s a genius and must be a thousand steps ahead of local, state, and federal law enforcement. It’s 2022, in the era of advanced technology, investigative techniques, and law enforcement resources we’re to believe that Todaro is the most elusive criminal mastermind in Buffalo and has eluded all of that. I can’t buy it. If he was doing something he’d be a great fish to nab for the local FBI office and information says they’ve been trying to connect him for over 20 years, yet nothing. That says a lot. Two things can be true. There’s still a Buffalo Family operating north of the border and Todaro, the recognized historical boss has no direct contact with anybody affiliated with it.
Not only Todaro but it's been 20 years since a member has been indicted in Buffalo. 20 years.
Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:35 pm What are you talking about?

The local FBI once had a large squad of agents working full time on mob cases, but the agency no longer considers the Mafia a presence in this region, according to Adam S. Cohen, special agent in charge of the Buffalo FBI office.

“Some of the individuals who were leaders of the Mafia are still around,” Cohen said. “But their organized crime activities don’t exist anymore. Some of them have legitimate businesses that we know of.”

no one leads what is left of the mob in this region, Cohen said.

Several retired state and local law enforcement officials who specialized in Mafia investigations agreed.

The Mafia, and the way of life that fostered the Mafia, is pretty much gone,” said Lee Coppola, 73, a former federal prosecutor and news reporter who grew up among mobsters and their families on Buffalo’s West Side.

Today, both Cohen and Coppola estimate that there are no more than a handful of surviving mob members in the area, with no viable organization to unite them, and no leader.

the FBI’s contention that the Buffalo mob family no longer is active and no longer has a leader.

https://buffalonews.com/2017/03/19/fbi- ... perations/
It's been the same thing throught this thread. Certain folk find it easier to just be dishonest and pretend like a mountain of evidence hasn't been repeatedly provided, including the quotes above. Sergi actually gave a very good breakdown of what we're actually looking at in the region (and what we're not). It was simply ignored like everything else.

I've become convinced that people here want to believe there's still a 30+ active family in Buffalo far more than they actually do.
All roads lead to New York.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Re: Joe Todaro Target of FBI

Post by Pmac2 »

Yawn the guys a legit multi millionair. He's the boss as far as who gets made probably doesn't even take a cutt of any one's rackets
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Last edited by SonnyBlackstein on Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:25 pm Not only Todaro but it's been 20 years since a member has been indicted in Buffalo. 20 years.
Impossible to believe? Feds shut up shop and a 30-40 man family skates under the radar?

Impossible that Todaro coukd escape prosecution in 20 years? Think about this, Bellomo has been free for 15. And he's head of the fucking Genovese.

So, no. You have horse in race, so, you'll maintain and ignore the above.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Except of course in the case of Bellomo the Feds have haven't come out and openly said his organization is gone and that he is not running anything. So apples to organizes comparison. And in that 20 year period there have literally been hundreds of Genovese members and associates indicted for a wide range of crimes. In 2022 alone 10 Genovese made members were indicted. So again no comparison.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Does anyone remember the name of the Sicilian restaurant owner in Buffalo who was indicted for selling cocaine and (I believe) messing around with a minor some years back? When I looked into him it seemed he was from Agrigento and his surname shows up in the Sicilian mafia there.

Also does anyone know who the guy is on the far left? He's an American who visited Montallegro with the Todaros, curious if he's a relative. There are other photos of them with who I presume to be Sicilian relatives.

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:11 pm Except of course in the case of Bellomo the Feds have haven't come out and openly said his organization is gone and that he is not running anything. So apples to organizes comparison. And in that 20 year period there have literally been hundreds of Genovese members and associates indicted for a wide range of crimes. In 2022 alone 10 Genovese made members were indicted. So again no comparison.

Pogo
And Bellomo himself did a decade in prison. What a ridiculous comparison.
All roads lead to New York.
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:06 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:11 pm Except of course in the case of Bellomo the Feds have haven't come out and openly said his organization is gone and that he is not running anything. So apples to organizes comparison. And in that 20 year period there have literally been hundreds of Genovese members and associates indicted for a wide range of crimes. In 2022 alone 10 Genovese made members were indicted. So again no comparison.

Pogo
And Bellomo himself did a decade in prison. What a ridiculous comparison.
Bellomo isn’t the mastermind Todaro is, duh.