Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Wiseguy »

Tonyd621 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:25 pmThat's why I wanted to take a vote to see what ppl still think. To say Todaro isn't active is to say Violi was lying imo.
For the record, the disagreement has been about the Buffalo family as an organization, not really about Todaro himself. Even those of us who don't believe the Buffalo family is viable anymore still acknowledge Todaro is the boss. As for Violi, the statements that have stood out to me as dubious as him claiming he beat out 30 other guys (and just on the Canadian side apparently) to become underboss, as well as the NY bosses asking Todaro to be a part of the Commission. At this point, barring some much more convincing information, I think Violi has a very wild imagination. And as for a poll, it would probably be something like 30-3 in favor of Buffalo still being active.
All roads lead to New York.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

You heard it here first, an internet poster knows Violi well enough to declare him a liar with a wild imagination. Thank God we have such amazing first hand intel.
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:14 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:25 pmThat's why I wanted to take a vote to see what ppl still think. To say Todaro isn't active is to say Violi was lying imo.
For the record, the disagreement has been about the Buffalo family as an organization, not really about Todaro himself. Even those of us who don't believe the Buffalo family is viable anymore still acknowledge Todaro is the boss. As for Violi, the statements that have stood out to me as dubious as him claiming he beat out 30 other guys (and just on the Canadian side apparently) to become underboss, as well as the NY bosses asking Todaro to be a part of the Commission. At this point, barring some much more convincing information, I think Violi has a very wild imagination. And as for a poll, it would probably be something like 30-3 in favor of Buffalo still being active.
That's kind of my point. If you think Violi is lying or exaggerating then maybe you think Todaro is not active, but if he is telling the truth then you have to think Todaro is active the way Violi threw his name around
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Newyorkempire wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:58 pm You heard it here first, an internet poster knows Violi well enough to declare him a liar with a wild imagination. Thank God we have such amazing first hand intel.
Are you talking about me? Idk him well enough, the only person I know well enough is your sister. She's got a wild imagination too.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Newyorkempire wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:58 pm You heard it here first, an internet poster knows Violi well enough to declare him a liar with a wild imagination. Thank God we have such amazing first hand intel.
Some of you guys apparently need this to be explained to you because you're just lost. The evidence suggests Violi was wildly exaggerating. 30 members of the Buffalo LCN on the Canadian side of the border alone? And then add the known guys on the US side and you're looking at 40 members. Lol, it's horseshit and you know it. It's why there hasn't been a single additional identified beyond the 11 members already known. Not one. The evidence is there for anyone smart enough to analyze it. And don't even get me started on Todaro joining the Commission. :roll:
Tonyd621 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:45 pmThat's kind of my point. If you think Violi is lying or exaggerating then maybe you think Todaro is not active, but if he is telling the truth then you have to think Todaro is active the way Violi threw his name around
It's not either/or. Obviously I think Violi was wildly exaggerating.

Todaro is the boss but how "active" is another matter. Because of his nominal position, he evidently still has some clout within LCN circles, at least along formal lines, but there's really no organization left for him to oversee. And the fact he's never been charged is proof positive he's miles away from anything criminal.
All roads lead to New York.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:08 pm
Some of you guys apparently need this to be explained to you because you're just lost. The evidence suggests Violi was wildly exaggerating. 30 members of the Buffalo LCN on the Canadian side of the border alone? And then add the known guys on the US side and you're looking at 40 members. Lol, it's horseshit and you know it. It's why there hasn't been a single additional identified beyond the 11 members already known. Not one. The evidence is there for anyone smart enough to analyze it. And don't even get me started on Todaro joining the Commission. :roll:
Tonyd621 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:45 pmThat's kind of my point. If you think Violi is lying or exaggerating then maybe you think Todaro is not active, but if he is telling the truth then you have to think Todaro is active the way Violi threw his name around

Todaro is the boss but how "active" is another matter. Because of his nominal position, he evidently still has some clout within LCN circles, at least along formal lines, but there's really no organization left for him to oversee. And the fact he's never been charged is proof positive he's miles away from anything criminal.
He didn't say the the Canadian side alone. It was in totality. We already went over this. Again, You're going off the assumption that no new making ceremonies have occurred since '85 and want us to believe your metrics. You keep harping on the number 11, irrelevant. Age of those 11 members, irrlevant (can be active into their 90s). The fact alone he appointed an underboss to a criminal organization means he's being criminal. He's not miles away. He wouldnt be making appointments if there was nothing to oversee. Again, you're claiming expertise on something based on no evidence. You operate as such...if the evidence you want isnt there than you somehow are the expert based on that lack. You've been told this many times. You've gone from saying Buffalo is extinct to playing semantics so you don't have to eat crow, but you already had that meal years ago. And now you are telling us how Violi acted or what he said was improper and he shouldn't of said it as if you are part of the organization and you know best not him. It's really crazy shit.
Last edited by Newyorkempire on Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

Exactly my thoughts. There seems to be a level of respect for Todaro from people under the LCN banner. But, his direct involvement in anything criminal seems to be non existent. If he was involved he’s a genius and must be a thousand steps ahead of local, state, and federal law enforcement. It’s 2022, in the era of advanced technology, investigative techniques, and law enforcement resources we’re to believe that Todaro is the most elusive criminal mastermind in Buffalo and has eluded all of that. I can’t buy it. If he was doing something he’d be a great fish to nab for the local FBI office and information says they’ve been trying to connect him for over 20 years, yet nothing. That says a lot. Two things can be true. There’s still a Buffalo Family operating north of the border and Todaro, the recognized historical boss has no direct contact with anybody affiliated with it.
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

Tonyd621 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:45 pm
That's kind of my point. If you think Violi is lying or exaggerating then maybe you think Todaro is not active, but if he is telling the truth then you have to think Todaro is active the way Violi threw his name around
Lying, no. Exaggerating? Absolutely. These guys aren’t beacons of honesty. We have a litany of examples of characters from every city throughout history trying to emphasize and exaggerate their importance. It’s who these guys are. Honestly it seems everyone throws Todaro’s name around. Again another tried and true method in history. “Do you know who I’m with?” So violi used his name, Todaro is a business man in his late 70s, who clearly doesn’t want to die in prison, what’s he going to do?
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

NothingNew44 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:04 am

Exactly my thoughts. There seems to be a level of respect for Todaro from people under the LCN banner. But, his direct involvement in anything criminal seems to be non existent. If he was involved he’s a genius and must be a thousand steps ahead of local, state, and federal law enforcement. It’s 2022, in the era of advanced technology, investigative techniques, and law enforcement resources we’re to believe that Todaro is the most elusive criminal mastermind in Buffalo and has eluded all of that. I can’t buy it. If he was doing something he’d be a great fish to nab for the local FBI office and information says they’ve been trying to connect him for over 20 years, yet nothing. That says a lot. Two things can be true. There’s still a Buffalo Family operating north of the border and Todaro, the recognized historical boss has no direct contact with anybody affiliated with it.
No direct contact? He is in direct contact with both Luppinos and Dom Violi.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

NothingNew44 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:05 am
Lying, no. Exaggerating? Absolutely. These guys aren’t beacons of honesty. We have a litany of examples of characters from every city throughout history trying to emphasize and exaggerate their importance. It’s who these guys are. Honestly it seems everyone throws Todaro’s name around. Again another tried and true method in history. “Do you know who I’m with?” So violi used his name, Todaro is a business man in his late 70s, who clearly doesn’t want to die in prison, what’s he going to do?
He wasn't throwing his name around. What are you talking about? If he is lying that he was appointed underboss by Todaro to other made members of the mafia he could be punished in a variety of ways.
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

Newyorkempire wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:07 am
He wasn't throwing his name around. What are you talking about? If he is lying that he was appointed underboss by Todaro to other made members of the mafia he could be punished in a variety of ways.
I’m referring to the 30 guys comment not the underboss comment. I should have specified that. My bad.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

NothingNew44 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:14 am
I’m referring to the 30 guys comment not the underboss comment. I should have specified that. My bad.
You said " so Violi used his name"
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

Newyorkempire wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:16 am
NothingNew44 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:14 am
You said " so Violi used his name"
That was in reference to Tony saying Violi used his name. I’m simply saying ok, so what.
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

So again I think multiple things can be true while the overall picture is something different. There’s a LCN group that’s called the Buffalo Family. I personally believe it is active in Canada, not so much in Buffalo. Violi is a member, hence him meeting and being recognized by members in other Families. I believe that Todaro is the recognized boss. I believe violi is the underboss of said group. Wiretaps have violi claiming he met with todaro for this. Ok.

I don’t believe todaro participates in the criminal activity. I dont believe violi beat out 30 dudes for underboss. I don’t believe the commission talk.

I’m not married to anything. I’m giving my view on the current evidence.
Last edited by NothingNew44 on Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Thoughts on Ron Fino's statement:“They are shielded by others,” said Fino, who had Todaro as a groomsman at his 1970 wedding. “They have a long line. You have to go after their shields and have them cooperate, and that is expensive. Said Fino: “There are people who would go to jail for him.

Then there is what The Buffalo News reported Metelsky said: "Metelsky said Todaro and other suspected mobsters in Buffalo are extremely careful and have been in “turtle mode” for many years." Did Metelsky specifically mean "in Buffalo" or was he speaking of the totality of the organization?
Last edited by NickleCity on Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.