General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: Important Point About The Chicago Outfit

Post by Snakes »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:55 am Good breakdown. So I take it the initial press reports of Anthony Zizzo being UnderBoss when he went missing/killed were incorrect?

Pogo
I don't think we are sure of what his position was. Maybe underboss, maybe capo of what was left of Melrose Park, maybe just a member. I haven't seen an official document stating anything, but I'd guess he was running the MP crew.
Snakes
Full Patched

Re: No Nose died three weeks ago

Post by Snakes »

Coloboy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:44 am For what it's worth, I have never though that Sarno was truly the boss of the outfit. The FBI never charged him as "boss" or confirmed that status, so there is no official record to back it up.
Thr government has never identified any Outfit member as anything other than a member. They've never used "boss," "underboss," or "capo" when referring to indicted persons.

Additionally, a government motion in the Sarno trial alluded to Sarno being made acting boss by Marcello when Marcello went away for Family Secrets.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Yes, add the Panozzo-Koroluk bust to the "significant associate busts."
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:22 am I would assume this is down to the demographics of Chicago as NY is still very active and considered to be strong.
What do you mean by demographics, the size of the Italian population? Chicagoland's Ital population is equivalent to Philly. Metro Boston is also in the same range. But if we're using recent indictments to measure the robustness or viability of a Family, then Philly would clearly be the most "active". If so, then clearly demographics wouldn't be the issue here.
Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:28 pm 'They are running on fumes' was the last assessment of them a few years ago.

Pogo
Sallett neglected to tell us how many miles to the gallon they're getting though.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:51 am
Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:55 am Good breakdown. So I take it the initial press reports of Anthony Zizzo being UnderBoss when he went missing/killed were incorrect?

Pogo
I don't think we are sure of what [anyone's] position was.
Fixed that for you. :lol:
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:57 am
Little_Al1991 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:22 am I would assume this is down to the demographics of Chicago as NY is still very active and considered to be strong.
What do you mean by demographics, the size of the Italian population? Chicagoland's Ital population is equivalent to Philly. Metro Boston is also in the same range. But if we're using recent indictments to measure the robustness or viability of a Family, then Philly would clearly be the most "active". If so, then clearly demographics wouldn't be the issue here.
Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:28 pm 'They are running on fumes' was the last assessment of them a few years ago.

Pogo
Sallett neglected to tell us how many miles to the gallon they're getting though.
I was referring to the Italian population but it seems as if that was a wrong assumption of mine
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:51 am
Coloboy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:44 am For what it's worth, I have never though that Sarno was truly the boss of the outfit. The FBI never charged him as "boss" or confirmed that status, so there is no official record to back it up.

He wanted to be the top boss but he didn't have a leg to stand on.

Pogo
It’s kind of messed up that you would jump to that conclusion… 😂
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Yeah we kind of got off on the wrong foot with this.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:05 pm
PolackTony wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:57 am

Pogo
I was referring to the Italian population but it seems as if that was a wrong assumption of mine
Yeah, if Chicago is on the verge of falling off the map, it definitely isn't due to lacking a recruitment pool.

Also, not for nothing, but related questions are currently being discussed on another thread (mods should probably merge these).

viewtopic.php?p=245916#p245916

Of the reputed crop of current made guys, two of them are very rough guys, former gangbangers who did serious time for murder and shootings, and rumored to be involved in some pretty crazy stuff today (e.g., executing a kid for stealing a truck from a made guy). Three others run highly lucrative restaurants and Italian food distribution/import companies. Matteo LoBue, for example, is the President of Greco & Sons, which was sold to Cisco recently for almost $1 billion while permitted to retain local autonomous management. So, the guys in the inner circle today based on the little info that we have run the gamut from the most blue-collar (as in prison blues) to the most white-collar.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:03 am I also should mention that I have heard that John Amabile ,who is in his early 30s, and is a up and comer. He checks all the boxes, mob pedigree, didn’t talk when arrested and is young. He was directly connected and charged in the same case as Paloain. The ASA said Amabile was involved in an “organized-crime, big-time, big-stakes, manipulative gambling operation, ”. With that being said, He could also be a candidate to take over a lot of the action that Paloain had even though he’s on home confinement and probably wants to stay low key for a while. That action is definitely not going away and somebody definitely will fill it. I will also say that I heard from a source that Amabile could be made despite his young age but obviously have no way to verify the truth to this.
Good info, thanks for sharing.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Wait, WTF. Bobby P has been paroled?? And Paulie K??

Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:41 pm Wait, WTF. Bobby P has been paroled??

He still has to serve his federal sentence out until 2030, though. He got transferred from Illinois state prison to a federal one in Kentucky. I wonder if his state and federal sentences were concurrent and they just paroled him in state to get one more guy off their hands.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:45 pm
PolackTony wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:41 pm Wait, WTF. Bobby P has been paroled??

He still has to serve his federal sentence out until 2030, though. He got transferred from Illinois state prison to a federal one in Kentucky. I wonder if his state and federal sentences were concurrent and they just paroled him in state to get one more guy off their hands.
Ah ok, thanks. I see now that Panozzo is in Manchester FCI. But Koroluk doesn't show in the Federal BOP locator (if either of these guys are out, lock your doors and shut your windows)?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Yeah, I don't know about Koroluk.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:51 pm
Snakes wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:45 pm

Ah ok, thanks. I see now that Panozzo is in Manchester FCI. But Koroluk doesn't show in the Federal BOP locator (if either of these guys are out, lock your doors and shut your windows)?
Lol especially since Koroluk lives a five minute walk from me.