General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: No Nose died three weeks ago

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

UTC wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:16 pm Way out of hand. Thought he'd be effective too.
The fundamental question is, will Sarno be as effective as a boss like no Nose was? He will be, even more so? But until he is, it's going to be hard to verify that we think he'll be more effective.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:01 am
UTC wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:16 pm Way out of hand. Thought he'd be effective too.
The fundamental question is, will Sarno be as effective as a boss like no Nose was? He will be, even more so? But until he is, it's going to be hard to verify that we think he'll be more effective.
You believe this cocksucker is giving away washing machines?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

jmack wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:04 am You believe this cocksucker is giving away washing machines?
BWAHAHAHHAHA.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Important Point About The Chicago Outfit

Post by Little_Al1991 »

I barely know anything about the current day Chicago Outfit but I have to point out that DiFronzo was boss since the late 90s up until 2014 and he never was arrested during that time
Clearly shows that the Outfit is smalltime now or am I wrong?
The lack of indictments show that this group is on its way out
Is the outfit even considered to be a powerhouse in Chicago?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Important Point About The Chicago Outfit

Post by Wiseguy »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:31 pm I barely know anything about the current day Chicago Outfit but I have to point out that DiFronzo was boss since the late 90s up until 2014 and he never was arrested during that time
Clearly shows that the Outfit is smalltime now or am I wrong?
You're not wrong.
The lack of indictments show that this group is on its way out
Correct.
Is the outfit even considered to be a powerhouse in Chicago?
Not by those who are aware we're in the 21st century.
All roads lead to New York.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

'They are running on fumes' was the last assessment of them a few years ago.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

I would assume this is down to the demographics of Chicago as NY is still very active and considered to be strong.
The FBI did say a couple of years back that they hadn’t forgotten about the Chicago Outfit and said they’re coming for them
They were building a racketeering case against Peter DiFronzo for more than 20 years from what I read…Yes that’s right 20 years…Covid ended the live of Peter DiFronzo
There have been some people who have posted on forums who have said that the Outfit is still going strong but the lack of indictments clearly shows otherwise
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:22 am The FBI did say a couple of years back that they hadn’t forgotten about the Chicago Outfit and said they’re coming for them

That was said by that agent Sallet when he took over as head of the Chicago office. A few years later when he left he made "the running on fumes" comment I posted up top.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

It looks like it's about to go into the non-structured stage of a mob family's life, where there's no hierarchy or organization, just a bunch of affiliated criminals acting as a kind of network, maybe with a nominal "boss."
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

A couple of things to note:

1. Evidence strongly suggests that DiFronzo stepped down as boss in the late nineties, although he still appears to have receive tribute until his death.

2. James Marcello and Michael Sarno -- both at least acting bosses -- were both indicted and imprisoned within the time frame in the O.P.

3. While it's true that the Outfit has been greatly diminished, it's still there. However, most made guys seem to have legitimate business interests and use illegal income (mostly through gambling and some juice/extortionate credit loans) to supplement their legitimate income. Labor corruption and infiltration is mostly limited to nepotistic holdovers, with little to no new infiltration. Political and legal connections are still there (crooked cops and local officials being part of recent gambling busts shows us that), but the influence is limited in scope. It's undetermined how many new members are being made. Although a few "new" names have shown up in recent months, it is not known if a concerted effort is being made to recruit and induct new members (a la Philadelphia), but as Chicago has traditionally had a small number of members compared to their relative size as an organization, it's doubtful that this is the case.

Additional information:

Chicago Outfit timeline (1998 to present)

May 1999, Anthony Centracchio (capo): Numerous counts of racketeering; Centracchio died before trial in August 2001

January 2001, Michael Spano (capo) and James Inendino (soldier): Embezzlement involving Town of Cicero; Spano sentenced to 6 years; Inendino sentenced to 6½ years

January 2001, Outfit boss John Monteleone dies of natural causes; succeeded by Alfonso Tornabene

October 2001, Outfit soldier Anthony Chiaramonti murdered, presumably for feuding with various Outfit members

November 2003, James Marcello released from prison; it was assumed that Marcello took over as acting boss -- if not official boss -- at this time

April 2005, James Marcello (acting boss/boss), Joseph Lombardo (former capo), Frank Calabrese (soldier): Numerous counts of racketeering, including murder in aid of racketeering; all three sentenced to life in prison; Calabrese died in December 2012; Lombardo died in October 2019; soldier Nicholas Calabrese cooperated and testified against the defendants at trial

March 2006, Outfit soldier Salvatore DeLaurentis released from prison; he is believed to have eventually succeeded to a top leadership position within the Outfit; Albert Vena and Salvatore Cataudella are also rumored to play roles in current Outfit leadership

August 2006, Outfit soldier Anthony Zizzo goes missing; his disappearance is believed to be tied to a dispute with Michael Sarno over video poker routes

February 2007, Suspected Outfit soldier Rocco Lombardo pleads guilty to federal tax evasion charges and is sentenced to 60 months' probation

May 2009, Michael Sarno (acting boss): Numerous counts of racketeering; sentenced to 25 years

September 2009, Rudolph Fratto (soldier): Tax evasion; sentenced 1 year

March 2010, Rudolph Fratto (soldier): Bid-rigging forklift contracts at McCormick Place; sentenced to 1 year

May 2017, John Matassa (soldier): Wire fraud, theft of government funds, embezzlement; sentenced to 6 months

May 2018, former Outfit boss John DiFronzo dies of natural causes

Various other cases involving Outfit associates have also been taken to trial. Two of the more notable ones involve DiFronzo and DeLaurentis associates Mickey Davis and Paul Carparelli being imprisoned for attempting to collect extortionate debt, and a major bookmaking case involving longtime Outfit associate Greg Paoloian.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

For what it's worth, I have never though that Sarno was truly the boss of the outfit. The FBI never charged him as "boss" or confirmed that status, so there is no official record to back it up. It always made sense to me that he was working for both Jimmy I and Solly D who took the reins of the outfit from the old Elmwood Park guard sometime in the family secrets era. Solly and Sarno go back to the old Ferriola/Infelise crew and knew each other well. Both Inendino and Delaurentis were released from prison around this time and would have needed someone to handle things on their behalf.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Coloboy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:44 am For what it's worth, I have never though that Sarno was truly the boss of the outfit. The FBI never charged him as "boss" or confirmed that status, so there is no official record to back it up.

He wanted to be the top boss but he didn't have a leg to stand on.

Pogo
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Good breakdown. So I take it the initial press reports of Anthony Zizzo being UnderBoss when he went missing/killed were incorrect?

Pogo
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Great list Snakes-

Don't' forget the Grand Ave stuff, operation crewcut with Panozzo where they were robbing drug cartel stash houses. Also the Poeta bookmaking bust in Highwood. Depending on your opinion, you could include Michael Marcello and Pudgy Matassa and their convictions as well.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:55 am Good breakdown. So I take it the initial press reports of Anthony Zizzo being UnderBoss when he went missing/killed were incorrect?

Pogo
Most likely. The general feeling there is that Cicero and Sarno were given control of territory that formerly belonged to the Melrose Park (Marcello/Zizzo) faction. Zizzo may not have wanted to play nice with this and things devolved.

I posted this on another thred, but it's relevant so I'm posting here as well...

For what it's worth, I have never though that Sarno was truly the boss of the outfit. The FBI never charged him as "boss" or confirmed that status, so there is no official record to back it up. It always made sense to me that he was working for both Jimmy I and Solly D who took the reins of the outfit from the old Elmwood Park guard sometime in the family secrets era. Solly and Sarno go back to the old Ferriola/Infelise crew and knew each other well. Both Inendino and Delaurentis were released from prison around this time and would have needed someone to handle things on their behalf.

IMO the feud was not between Sarno and Zizzo, but more accurately it was between DeLaurentis/Inendino and Zizzo.