Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

DoubleZ
Straightened out

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by DoubleZ »

Great article, thanks for posting Nickle!
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

NickleCity wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:39 pm ^^*
I should say that Lou, Dan, and Mike McAndrews are much more aware that they could be used to advance the narrative of not just the defense but even prosecutors. It’s just more obvious the defense is using the March 2017 narrative. Again this is just my humble opinion.
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Joe Todaro Target of FBI

Post by outfit guy »

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Joe Todaro Target of FBI

Post by Wiseguy »

Already posted in the Buffalo thread. And your link doesn't work anyway.
All roads lead to New York.
Teflon Dom
Straightened out

Post by Teflon Dom »

Thanks for the post. Not all of us sit in front of the computer all day and click refresh.
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

Teflon Dom wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:35 pm
Thanks for the post. Not all of us sit in front of the computer all day and click refresh.
I don't know what's happening with the hyperlink; copy/paste and it gets abridged.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

A 'tough-as-nails' prosecutor takes on mob allegations – and criticism for the case
Dan Herbeck , Lou Michel

“Todaro told The News he doesn’t know Tripi and has no idea what motivates him, but he called the mob allegations against his family ‘nonsense.’ As for Tripi’s allegations about ‘Italian organized crime,’ Todaro said: ‘He’s just doing his job.’”

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/crim ... b4db9.html
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Maybe we can take a vote? What's the overall consensus on Todaro Jr still being actively involved? And was there ever a time period when people think he was not involved?
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

Always involved but too insulated to ever be charged IMO
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Tonyd621 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:16 am Maybe we can take a vote? What's the overall consensus on Todaro Jr still being actively involved? And was there ever a time period when people think he was not involved?
It’s a testament to his abilities as a mafioso that this is even being considered.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

There's alot of naysayers on this board. I'm curious after all this new Intel comes to light, are those naysayers still pounding the table saying Buffalo isn't viable?
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

Perhaps the nominal boss stuff for Todaro is accurate. He’s a very successful man in a legitimate industry, maybe he’s what he appears to be. A guy who himself is inactive from criminal ventures, but complicit and cooperative for LCN social protocols and interactions. The Buffalo side of the border could be nothing more then people peripheral to Todaro attempting to use that connection whether familial or social to enhance their own criminal standing for whatever reason. It’d make sense given what is known about continued traditions and practices that it’s a necessity for someone to have a preset connection to be part of the formal network that still exists. We haven’t had any confirmation that these guys are formal members of LCN. We know the Canadian side is a whole different story. These guys could be getting support from people under the Buffalo umbrella but not Todaro directly. Speculation. What if.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Tonyd621 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:35 am There's alot of naysayers on this board. I'm curious after all this new Intel comes to light, are those naysayers still pounding the table saying Buffalo isn't viable?
On the contrary, there are only a few of us that have been saying that. Most have fallen in with the Buffalo is still alive narrative.

What new intel are you talking about? There hasn't been anything lately that has changed the discussion.
NothingNew44 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:10 am Perhaps the nominal boss stuff for Todaro is accurate. He’s a very successful man in a legitimate industry, maybe he’s what he appears to be. A guy who himself is inactive from criminal ventures, but complicit and cooperative for LCN social protocols and interactions. The Buffalo side of the border could be nothing more then people peripheral to Todaro attempting to use that connection whether familial or social to enhance their own criminal standing for whatever reason. It’d make sense given what is known about continued traditions and practices that it’s a necessity for someone to have a preset connection to be part of the formal network that still exists. We haven’t had any confirmation that these guys are formal members of LCN. We know the Canadian side is a whole different story. These guys could be getting support from people under the Buffalo umbrella but not Todaro directly. Speculation. What if.
I think there's actually a lot of truth to what you said above. Buffalo's geographic proximity to the border is a factor Sergi tried to really emphasize. Maybe the main factor. One thing is for sure, if she had even hinted at the Buffalo family still being active, the masses here would have been all over that. The fact she said otherwise resulted in crickets.
All roads lead to New York.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

We've already exhausted the belief the family as a whole is still active and viable. Her not knowing and being even more ambiguous about it doesn't require any of us who know more than her to comment.

We've also already discussed the "nominal" position to death. Nothing new needs to be said. The family is still there no matter how many semantics get played into it.
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:01 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:35 am There's alot of naysayers on this board. I'm curious after all this new Intel comes to light, are those naysayers still pounding the table saying Buffalo isn't viable?
On the contrary, there are only a few of us that have been saying that. Most have fallen in with the Buffalo is still alive narrative.

What new intel are you talking about? There hasn't been anything lately that has changed the discussion.
NothingNew44 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:10 am Perhaps the nominal boss stuff for Todaro is accurate. He’s a very successful man in a legitimate industry, maybe he’s what he appears to be. A guy who himself is inactive from criminal ventures, but complicit and cooperative for LCN social protocols and interactions. The Buffalo side of the border could be nothing more then people peripheral to Todaro attempting to use that connection whether familial or social to enhance their own criminal standing for whatever reason. It’d make sense given what is known about continued traditions and practices that it’s a necessity for someone to have a preset connection to be part of the formal network that still exists. We haven’t had any confirmation that these guys are formal members of LCN. We know the Canadian side is a whole different story. These guys could be getting support from people under the Buffalo umbrella but not Todaro directly. Speculation. What if.
I think there's actually a lot of truth to what you said above. Buffalo's geographic proximity to the border is a factor Sergi tried to really emphasize. Maybe the main factor. One thing is for sure, if she had even hinted at the Buffalo family still being active, the masses here would have been all over that. The fact she said otherwise resulted in crickets.
That's why I wanted to take a vote to see what ppl still think. To say Todaro isn't active is to say Violi was lying imo.