Thomas Greco FBI File Summary

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JoelTurner
Full Patched

Re: Thomas Greco FBI File Summary

Post by JoelTurner »

Antiliar wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:44 pm "In June, 1967...Informant said that PETILLO in his early teens was reputed to be a 'fairy', but that when he was 18 or 19 years old he went to Chicago where he was 'straightened out' by AL CAPONE and was soon made a member of the CAPONE mob there.
Heh

-----------

Was Dave Petillo actually related to Anna Petillo (Vito Genovese's wife) ? Wikipedia says they were cousins
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

I think we looked into this a long time ago, but I forgot our conclusion. Anna Petillo was the daughter of Aniello Petillo and Concetta Genovese. The city where he came from is Tufino, but his cousin VIncenzo Petillo appears to be from Risigliano, where Vito Genovese is from. Tufino and Risigliano border each other. David Petillo's father appears to be Antonio Petillo, and according to his passport application came from Pollica, Salerno. Pollica and Tufino are about 60 miles in a straight line, with Pollica being on the coast of Salerno in the Campania region and Tufino being in the Metropolitan City of Napoli, also in Campania. So this is just from records immediately available. It would take a bit more time to get a documented answer.
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

Excellent thread! Was Greco a heroin guy? If he was meeting with Piney Armone to talk about Galante then I would assume he was involved with that shit. It's crazy to get a glimpse into how much info the government had on these guys and to think of how far the surveillance state has come since.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

JoelTurner wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:46 am
Antiliar wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:44 pm "In June, 1967...Informant said that PETILLO in his early teens was reputed to be a 'fairy', but that when he was 18 or 19 years old he went to Chicago where he was 'straightened out' by AL CAPONE and was soon made a member of the CAPONE mob there.
Heh

-----------

Was Dave Petillo actually related to Anna Petillo (Vito Genovese's wife) ? Wikipedia says they were cousins
I've seen it claimed before that both Petillo and his buddy Charles Gagliadotto were (allegedly) finocchi. I suppose they also buried enough guys that even if it was true it may not have mattered.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

So Al Capone harbored a faggot?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:50 am So Al Capone harbored a faggot?

Pogo
Capone allegedly "straightened him out". Read that as you will.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Hahaha! So there is a cure then.
There you have it, never printed before.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

I don't recall what the initial connection was, but D'Arco was around some of these guys when he was coming up. I believe him and his wife got married pretty young and moved from Brooklyn to the building in the city that his wife grew up in, and he gravitated to the East Village/LES/Mott Street scene and knew Davey Petilllo, Chalootz, etc. pretty well. Between that and his uncle, he was in a pretty unique position to learn a lot about LCN history and witness the changing of the guards and generation shift first hand. Pretty cool

Re: Little Italy, the old 4th Ward / LES, East Village: I love how much stuff was going on in a pretty small geographic area. Just tons of guys all packed in downtown. At least 4(?) of the families operating there? Outsiders and even working associates not knowing or even mixing up who belonged where. Way before my time but downtown must have been a site to see back then
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:41 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:50 am So Al Capone harbored a faggot?

Pogo
Capone allegedly "straightened him out". Read that as you will.

Freaking Chicago. They make anybody and everybody over there. And the way that they do it, it's all fucked up. Guys don't get their finger pricked. There's no sword and gun on the table. And they harbor a faggot.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:36 am
Heh

-----------

I've seen it claimed before that both Petillo and his buddy Charles Gagliadotto were (allegedly) finocchi. I suppose they also buried enough guys that even if it was true it may not have mattered.
Like actually gay? Or was it that they allegedly did hits dressed as women?
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:18 pm
PolackTony wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:36 am
Heh

-----------

Like actually gay? Or was it that they allegedly did hits dressed as women?
They were alleged to be gay AND allegedly did hits dressed as women. Petillo did marry twice, and apparently his second wife was young and hot. So maybe he went both ways, or maybe he compensated for being secretly gay. Or it could just have been an unfounded rumor.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I didn't even know they had fags back then.

Pogo
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:46 am
Antiliar wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:32 pm Frankie Carbo the boxing manager was under Greco? Interesting.
Unless the informant was wrong.
Antiliar, I went through my notes and found just a vague reference. Says "Carbo used to be associated with Greco". This doesn´t have to mean that Carbo was in Greco´s crew.
There you have it, never printed before.