General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyC
Straightened out

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by SonnyC »

I saw this yesterday. Interesting to see Kurt's viewpoint. I agree that Frank Jr has not always been truthful. Makes you wonder how he is still out and about talking about all this. Someone had to green light it.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Kurt sounds very pragmatic and makes some good points on what a sleeze Frank Jr. is. I mean your own father chases you, geesh.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Anyone have a clue about this story about shipping logistics company FourKites? Apparently two logistics companies are in court suing one another and one of them is accusing the other of having ties to the Outfit? The story is super vague.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Man that Kurt Calabrese interview is a little heartbreaking. You can tell how tore up he is about it all.

Frank Junior seems to be a scumbag. Given Kurt’s avoidance of the spotlight since family secrets, I trust him when he says that Frank Junior stole a bunch of money from his father and flipped completely based on his own selfish interests.

Interesting tidbit was that Kurt says he was the one who told Frank Junior about the fact that Accardo killed Giancana himself. Kurt claims Frank Junior then immediately took that to the Internet for notoriety.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Kurt Calabrese married Angelo LaPietras grand daughter. What i don't know could fill a book
Waingro
Straightened out

Post by Waingro »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:00 am On a somewhat related note, I was listening to an episode that Gary Jenkins did on his “Gangland Wire” podcast with this guy who goes by “Jim Cosenza”. He does some YouTube stuff on Chicago and apparently attended a number of outfit trials. He was talking about attending Sarno’s trial. “Cosenza” noted that Sam Volpendesto was caught on tape complaining that the Cicero guys weren’t giving him a big enough cut and that he had also been asked to work for the “Northside”.

Anyone ever seen a transcript of this or trial exhibits for the Sarno trial? I’d like to know exactly what Volpendesto said, how he phrased it verbatim.

What's your take on JCosenza? I've watched his videos and he repeats himself alot and gets quite a few things wrong.

He claims that Jimmy Inendino is retired and that he use to work with Nick Ferriola and made it sound like he's not involved anymore.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Waingro wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:13 pm
PolackTony wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:00 am On a somewhat related note, I was listening to an episode that Gary Jenkins did on his “Gangland Wire” podcast with this guy who goes by “Jim Cosenza”. He does some YouTube stuff on Chicago and apparently attended a number of outfit trials. He was talking about attending Sarno’s trial. “Cosenza” noted that Sam Volpendesto was caught on tape complaining that the Cicero guys weren’t giving him a big enough cut and that he had also been asked to work for the “Northside”.

Anyone ever seen a transcript of this or trial exhibits for the Sarno trial? I’d like to know exactly what Volpendesto said, how he phrased it verbatim.

What's your take on JCosenza? I've watched his videos and he repeats himself alot and gets quite a few things wrong.

He claims that Jimmy Inendino is retired and that he use to work with Nick Ferriola and made it sound like he's not involved anymore.
Don’t really know enough about this Cosenza guy to have an opinion. Just know that he apparently attended a number of trials and interacted with some of the defendants and lawyers in court, so he at least has some good stories about the trials. Beyond that, I have no idea if he’s plugged in at all in any way that would give him any insight into the current organization. Antiliar’s source that we’ve discussed here had Jimmy I as Cicero capo, which I think is plausible, but I have no way to independently confirm or deny how involved Jimmy is today.

What kinds of errors does Cosenza make? During his interview with Jenkins, he managed to find like 5 different ways to interchangeably mispronounce “Volpendesto”; not a factual error, but still pretty funny (and if he’s actually Italian, a little sad). He also referred to Gary Jenkins as “Jerry”.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:35 pm
Waingro wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:13 pm

Don’t really know enough about this Cosenza guy to have an opinion. Just know that he apparently attended a number of trials and interacted with some of the defendants and lawyers in court, so he at least has some good stories about the trials. Beyond that, I have no idea if he’s plugged in at all in any way that would give him any insight into the current organization. Antiliar’s source that we’ve discussed here had Jimmy I as Cicero capo, which I think is plausible, but I have no way to independently confirm or deny how involved Jimmy is today.

What kinds of errors does Cosenza make? During his interview with Jenkins, he managed to find like 5 different ways to interchangeably mispronounce “Volpendesto”; not a factual error, but still pretty funny (and if he’s actually Italian, a little sad). He also referred to Gary Jenkins as “Jerry”.
He claims he talked with Mike Swiatek before he passed away and Swiatek told him Jimmy I has health problems. No idea if that’s true or not. Most people in their 80s have some health issues. I think he also claims to have talked with Nick Ferriola and says he has a legit job now and is not involved. He makes some pretty stupid mistakes in my opinion. Said Alemán was responsible for over 150 murders and Schweihs was responsible for 100. Ridiculous to even say that. He also makes small mistakes like saying Lapietra died in prison. He’s definitely no expert.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

The small mistakes tell you a lot though. Those little things provide insights into someone's true knowledge. For example, Scott B. consistently refers to Joe Ferriola as the "overall outfit boss" in his articles. Not earthshattering, but insightful.
scott22
Straightened out

Post by scott22 »

Coloboy,

You think I don't know some people claim Ferriola was just a front boss and Sam and Johnny were already calling shots?

The feds consider Ferriola the boss '86-'89. I could split hairs every reference to Ferriola or I could just go with what the official record is, despite the questions of exact status (acting or not).

I wouldnt even respond on this thread if the poster wasn't questioning by credentials, claiming i miss "little stuff" which gives insight into me being some sort of fraud reporter/expert.

Bro, I worked for the Illinois ATTY General's office in oc investigations in the 2000s, my connections in CHI are vast. I am fully aware of the Ferriola debate.

The ball busting on here obviously triggers me. Its all good, just my two cents or your two cents.

Scott B
Waingro
Straightened out

Post by Waingro »

He also said Anthony Zizzo disappeared in 2006 because he went on the lam. It's alot of things like that and mentioned above that you can't really disprove but go against general consensus.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Scott,

Thanks for responding, and apologies that I worded that poorly. I can understand how that came off as a shot at your credibility. I read everything you put out and enjoy it a great deal.

Also understood how it makes sense to go with the official FBI record.

Are you able to comment on whether the FBI is in Chicago is still actively pursuing the outfit specifically? Do your sources still have Solly D as official boss?
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

scott22 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:00 pm Coloboy,

You think I don't know some people claim Ferriola was just a front boss and Sam and Johnny were already calling shots?

The feds consider Ferriola the boss '86-'89. I could split hairs every reference to Ferriola or I could just go with what the official record is, despite the questions of exact status (acting or not).

I wouldnt even respond on this thread if the poster wasn't questioning by credentials, claiming i miss "little stuff" which gives insight into me being some sort of fraud reporter/expert.

Bro, I worked for the Illinois ATTY General's office in oc investigations in the 2000s, my connections in CHI are vast. I am fully aware of the Ferriola debate.

The ball busting on here obviously triggers me. Its all good, just my two cents or your two cents.

Scott B
Im one of those that think Joe Nagel was boss for a short time. I know Nick Calabrese said otherwise but there were other informants that said the opposite.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Patrickgold wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:46 pm
scott22 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:00 pm Coloboy,

Scott B
Im one of those that think Joe Nagel was boss for a short time. I know Nick Calabrese said otherwise but there were other informants that said the opposite.
Yeah, but Scarpelli and Lenny Patrick both said Carlisi succeeded Aiuppa. It's pretty tough to beat their intel coupled with Nick's. I just think there was a dearth of good informants in the mid to late eighties. That's the benefit of having so few made guys flip.