Visiting Kansas City

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: Visiting Kansas City

Post by PolackTony »

B. wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:09 pm Sorry, I left out that I was referring to his father Giuseppe as being born 1859-1864, not John. I only found Italian records for the Giuseppe Lazio born 1857 in Sambuca so not sure that one ever came to the US but I haven't found any other candidates.
Ah ok, I was like huh? Lol.

KC records for Giuseppe Lazzio stated that he arrived in the US around 1891. There was a Giuseppe Lazio who arrived in NYC in 1893, born about 1856, bound for Brooklyn. Could well be the right guy, but the manifest doesn’t give an origin beyond Italy.

There was also a Giuseppe Lazzio born about 1857 in Tèrmini who arrived in Chicago in 1885; there were other Lazzios from Tèrmini in Chicago. Less likely that this is the right guy, I think, as we’ve never seen Termitani as a significant group in KC, and the other guy was headed to Brooklyn.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Some of the names in Antiliar's earlier post in this thread do show they had people from Termini, plus the Balestreres from Bagheria.

The Brooklyn one does look like a better match since they lived there.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

B. wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:44 pm Some of the names in Antiliar's earlier post in this thread do show they had people from Termini, plus the Balestreres from Bagheria.

The Brooklyn one does look like a better match since they lived there.
Ah, you’re right. Small but documented number of guys from the “Triangle”.
KCMOb
Associate

Post by KCMOb »

Were the Termini brothers from Termini? Half joking.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

KCMOb wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:18 am Were the Termini brothers from Termini? Half joking.
As in John Termini? Not sure, as I haven’t done any genealogy on them, but there were Terminis in KC from Poggioreale.
KCMOb
Associate

Post by KCMOb »

https://gambling-history.com/10-intrigu ... m-termini/

I also had never heard of Sam Termini before. I can't find much information beyond these articles.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:57 pm
B. wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:09 pm Sorry, I left out that I was referring to his father Giuseppe as being born 1859-1864, not John. I only found Italian records for the Giuseppe Lazio born 1857 in Sambuca so not sure that one ever came to the US but I haven't found any other candidates.
Ah ok, I was like huh? Lol.

KC records for Giuseppe Lazzio stated that he arrived in the US around 1891. There was a Giuseppe Lazio who arrived in NYC in 1893, born about 1856, bound for Brooklyn. Could well be the right guy, but the manifest doesn’t give an origin beyond Italy.

There was also a Giuseppe Lazzio born about 1857 in Tèrmini who arrived in Chicago in 1885; there were other Lazzios from Tèrmini in Chicago. Less likely that this is the right guy, I think, as we’ve never seen Termitani as a significant group in KC, and the other guy was headed to Brooklyn.
The Lazzio brothers- Charles, Sam and Joe, all top Rockford LCN associates and frontmen have confounded me as to their heritage, Their parents were Giovanni and Rosa Lazzio but all I could find was the brothers were all born in Louisiana. I have suspected for a time their parents were from Sambuca, which wouldn't be surprising.
JoelTurner
Full Patched

Post by JoelTurner »

Charles Binaggio’s father Vito lived in Newark in 1910. He was living at 41 Sussex Ave, Newark, NJ.

(https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M9J3-M2Q)

While I don’t think that Vito was a criminal, this is still interesting considering that the old Newark family had several early members from Gibellina.

By 1902, at the time of his wife’s immigration, he appears to have been living in Hopewell, NJ. This is about 25 minutes away from Trenton, NJ.

(https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1368704)