New LCNBios posts

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Shellackhead
Full Patched

Re: New LCNBios posts

Post by Shellackhead »

Crazy how some guys fell out of favor a couple of years after getting made, like Carmine Varriale. Shows how things can go from being taken in as a brother & then making fatal mistakes and them taking you out. Didnt know about the Luogo & frank incident, frank being made without proper approval of the hierarchy.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Great to see the Lucchese posts. A lot of mysteries with them despite being one of the NY five.

I've seen FBI reports into the mid-1970s that still carry Carmine Tramunti as boss, no mention of him acting, and one report even says he was still consulted about decisions from prison. He was like Joe Colombo with that full decina answering to him.
johnny_scootch wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:27 pm Possible evidence of someone going thru multiple induction ceremonies

The other inductee named by Ricciardi, transcribed as 'Leo Magliori', may be a reference to Aniello 'Neil' Migliore (48y).

According to a Gang Land News article published in 2019, CW Alfonso D'Arco told the FBI that Migliore had been inducted into a Family outside of New York prior to the books opening in 1976. He was then transferred into the Lucchese Family.

D'Arco possibly received this information directly from Migliore, who was placed in his crew around 1990.

If Migliore was in fact the 'Leo Magliori' named by Ricciardi, then the 1981 ceremony may have been where his transfer to the Luccheses was formalized.
This wouldn't be a second induction ceremony for Migliore, but a formal way of acknowledging the transfer. When Nick Gentile transferred to San Fran the consiglio had to approve it and then they held a banquet with Gentile. Not the same as a ceremony but similar.

Similar too to Rocco Scafidi being brought up in front of the Family at an induction ceremony when he was taken off the shelf. He wasn't "re-inducted" but they just made his unshelving part of the formal ceremony. Supposedly the mafia used to announce promotions at induction ceremonies as well, so it may be that "induction ceremonies" were used for a variety of purposes.

Curious which Family may have made Migliore. The Luccheses were close to Pittston and they apparently made Allie Persico under similar circumstances. Migliore attended Apalachin, too.

If it took a while to transfer Migliore to the Luccheses it was probably like the Nick Bianco induction where he was an NY-based member inducted into the Patriarcas but was allowed to report to Joe Colombo even before he transferred. I'd guess Migliore reported to the Luccheses even if he wasn't officially with them yet.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Another great detail was D'Arco saying his cousin Joe Sica in Pittsburgh wanted to make D'Arco's son into the Pittsburgh Family. I believe Al D'Arco said in his book that Sica offered him membership in Pittsburgh as well before he was made.

D'Arco's memories of Navy Street and relation to a high-ranking Pittsburgh member open deeper questions about his background.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

B. wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:25 pm
If it took a while to transfer Migliore to the Luccheses it was probably like the Nick Bianco induction where he was an NY-based member inducted into the Patriarcas but was allowed to report to Joe Colombo even before he transferred. I'd guess Migliore reported to the Luccheses even if he wasn't officially with them yet.
I forgot that Migliore was at the Apalachin meeting. He had that car accident in Binghamton the day after. With that in mind I have to lean towards this ‘Leo’ not being Neil Migliore.

There’s no way he’s attending Apalachin as a made man in 1957 with the top Lucchese bosses and his transfer if there was one, isn’t finalized until 1981. I know these guys move slow because they don’t have to move for anybody but 20+ years to do a transfer is ridiculous.
B. wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:32 pm Another great detail was D'Arco saying his cousin Joe Sica in Pittsburgh wanted to make D'Arco's son into the Pittsburgh Family. I believe Al D'Arco said in his book that Sica offered him membership in Pittsburgh as well before he was made.
Yea Joe Sica offered to buy D’Arco a house and have him made with a promise to also make his son down the road. D’Arco felt he’d be under his cousins thumb and he couldn’t live like that so he politely refused.
Last edited by johnny_scootch on Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

He may not have been made at the time of the Apalachin meeting. He was in his early 20s and could have been there as a driver for one of the attendees.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:14 am He may not have been made at the time of the Apalachin meeting. He was in his early 20s and could have been there as a driver for one of the attendees.

Pogo
I shouldn’t make a post while I’m doing 8 things at work simultaneously. I realize if he’s made by time of Apalachin meeting he doesn’t need to be made outside NYC.

I bet he was a cunt hair away from getting his button when he drove whoever up to the meeting and unfortunately for him they closed the books.
Smh he was probably on deck waiting to get straightened out for over a decade.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Be interested to know if any other possible associates attended. Maybe some of the people around Barbara, though confirmed members of Pittston/Endicott is spotty intel to begin with.

I agree if Migliore was a transfer it's weird they'd make him wait until 1981. I know he did prison time which could have been a factor but that's still a huge stretch of time. We know they allowed transfers even when the books are closed, i.e. Nick Bianco and Allie Persico.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

I always knew Migliore had some sort of connection to Appalachian, but I don't know if it was confirmed that he was actually there... like, really there - or if he was even driving people both to AND from there. I was always under the impression (through random shit I've read online) that Migliore was called on to drive up there and pick some people up (bosses?) after they had fled Barbara's house and ended up in the sticks. He supposedly got into an accident either going up or coming back. Not even sure where that was sourced from or if it's accurate, but I always took it as they called down to NY and asked him to get up there and pick some people up.

If I got that wrong, well - it wouldn't be crazy for an unmade associate to drive a captain or even admin member/boss around - but I'm assuming at the meeting itself, someone like Migliore at that time wouldn't have been present for the big stuff. Which dovetails into B's thought about the possibility of other associates being there , I would imagine or even bet there were
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Valachi said in FBI interviews he knew the NYC Families would send guys to other cities to get made then transfer them to NYC.

This was before the Bianco/Persico transfers. He may have been aware of the inductions/transfers between the Genovese and New England but those weren't the same as NYC guys being sent elsewhere to be made. Valachi must have known some other examples but didn't name anyone in the interview.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

^^^ Not sure the source, but this informant said in addition to not allowing new inductees, transfers were also not being allowed within the US or from Sicily circa 1967:

However, just a couple years earlier Nick Bianco transferred to the Colombos and there are some NYC guys who almost certainly transferred from Sicily in the late 1950s or early 1960s like Giosue Spitaleri and Joe Buccellato. Other transfers were still apparently taking place elsewhere in the US in the 1960s.

The informant's info would lend itself to the idea that if Migliore was made in another city when the books were closed he couldn't officially transfer until 1976. Maybe his legal trouble prevented this from going through until 1981, or of course he wasn't "Leo Magliori" and Ricciardi was referring to someone else though hard to imagine a closer name than Aniello Migliore.

Brings to mind John Stanfa too who is believed to have been made in Caccamo and came to the US in the 1960s but as far as I know wasn't identified as a Philly member until the 1970s. Maybe he had to wait to transfer as well. There's also the multi-year waiting period Paolo Violi referred to about Sicilian members who wanted to transfer to the Bonannos -- they had a probation period and even then could only transfer if a slot opened up just like any proposed member.

So if Migliore did have to wait to transfer these could be factors.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Charles Caci LA Family update
MightyDR
Straightened out

Post by MightyDR »

From "The Mob and the City" by C. Alexander Hortis:
On Friday afternoon, November 15, 1957, the police spotted twenty-four-year old Lucchese Family soldier Neil Migliore's 1957 Lincoln at Barbara's house, and his car was later involved in an automobile accident in Binghamton at 8.00pm that same evening. The State Commission had a confidential informant who reported that Migliore only "came to Binghamton to drive other participants of the Apalachin meeting of New York City" and it was "not believed that he attended the meeting."

Migliore could have just held out on getting made for his own personal reasons. Jimmy Nap didn't get made until 1977. Massino didn't sound keen on getting made until Rastelli went to prison. From what I have read, Migliore was close to Joe Laratro and Joe Lucchese. That may have been good enough for him until 1981 for whatever reason.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Good info, DR. You're a great contributor.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Migliore could have just held out on getting made for his own personal reasons. Jimmy Nap didn't get made until 1977. Massino didn't sound keen on getting made until Rastelli went to prison. From what I have read, Migliore was close to Joe Laratro and Joe Lucchese. That may have been good enough for him until 1981 for whatever reason.
[/quote]

Neil Migliore was one of few that actually came out on top. little jail time, tons of dough although I'm sure getting shot at through the window of a kids bday part wasn't too much fun. Did they actually hit him at all? One in a million, this guy. If you can go through life as mobster like NM did then it was worth it. these guys that are broke after doing a few decades? SO NOT WORTH IT.
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

I still believe Neil migliore was inducted in the late 50tys there no evidence he was inducted in 1981 I don't know where it came from. Wouldt he have been he been inducted around when gasping and amusement got made 76 77. He drove guys to the Appalachian meeting. I just find it hard to believe he got inducted in the 80tys.