General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Patrickgold
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Patrickgold »

It’s a bar/nightclub. Anyone can go there. Tony Ocean plays there sometimes.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Lol the neighborhood certainly tracks.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Spina is one of those people most just assume is made, but as others said, there is not definitive proof from an informant or LE. I would be very surprised if he wasn't. We know he was tightly connected as a driver for Lombardo in the mid 90's, and if anybody from the Lombardo/Cozzo/Vena group is made it would be him.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Patrickgold wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:09 pm Lisa’s Club Cabaret. Basically it seems the entire grand ave and remnants of the elmwood park crew hangs out there now. Small place but nice
This is interesting. Could you elaborate on some names that hang there who could potentially be a part of Grand or EP?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Speaking of clubs. Recent River North “mass shooting” at a club owned by a partner of Carmen Rossi, Chicago attorney who controls a small hospitality/nightlife empire. I’ve seen Rossi mentioned before as a guy with tons of clout with the City and State, which has been alleged to be the reason why his clubs weren’t shut down following shootings on premises. No idea if Rossi is connected, but he’s someone that I wouldn’t be shocked if he was.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2022 ... s-shooting

EDIT: Carmen Rossi is the son of Ray Rossi, Will County judge and former Mayor of Frankfort.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Coloboy wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:14 am
Patrickgold wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:09 pm Lisa’s Club Cabaret. Basically it seems the entire grand ave and remnants of the elmwood park crew hangs out there now. Small place but nice
This is interesting. Could you elaborate on some names that hang there who could potentially be a part of Grand or EP?
Willie Messino’s relatives, Jimmy Deleo, Tony Dote and I heard Albert Vena has been there but have never seen.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Saw this on Facebook. Spina with who looks like Deleo in the background at Lisa’s Club Cabaret. Another with Deleo and singer Tony Ocean. For people that don’t know, Jimmy Deleo is a former state senator that was controlled by the Outfit. I believe he answered to grand ave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SonnyC
Straightened out

Post by SonnyC »

PPPP wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:24 am
Snakes wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:06 am
Southshore88 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:57 am I was doing some researching into my other major area of interest - golf when I found something was interesting and was curious if any of the Chicago posters or residents had any insight into this. I've been a golf nut, having played on my HS and college teams as well as having caddied at 3 different top 100 clubs in the US when I was in grad school as well as having been lucky enough to play a number of other exclusive clubs over the past 10-15 years.

I was looking into the top clubs in Illinois/greater Chicago and randomly came across an article from 2016 - the founder and owner of Black Sheep Golf Club is Vincent Solano Jr. - when I came across that name, I instantly did a double take and was curious if anyone knows if he is the son of Vincent Solano from the Outfit? Would certainly be interesting and be yet another example of a successful Outfit member who had their children stay out of the outfit and become a successful businessman.

Here's the article for reference: https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/c ... story.html

Also, I know that this isn't a golf forum, but I've always found it interesting that Greater Chicago has always had such a (relatively) high amount of men only golf clubs (i.e. Butler National, Bob O'Link, Black Sheep and Old Elm). To the best of my knowledge, they have 4 men only clubs while there are estimated to only be another 5-6 men only clubs in the entire US.
Yes, that is definitely the Outfit Solano's son and namesake. The elder Solano was also an avid golfer.
Didn't members of The Outfit own or control a country club they all were members at?
Brookwood CC in Addison
SonnyC
Straightened out

Post by SonnyC »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:36 pm
InCamelot wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:16 pm
Snakes wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:45 pm
InCamelot wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:45 am
Snakes wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:35 am
funkster wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:51 pm I remember that reader story, did not remember the Pacella connection though. Ill have to dig around, i believe i saved the photo of him and his dad with Johnny Apes somewhere.
Is that Johnny Apes on the top right?
Yes. Joe LaMantia is also on the bottom right.
I always pictured him in the glasses.
Johnny Apes is top left in red shirt
I don't think that is Monteleone, looks more like Ronnie Jarrett. The guy at the top right is definitely not him. He was an acquaintance of mine from the ONIAC who was not an Outfit guy just someone from the neighborhood.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

SonnyC wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:10 am
funkster wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:51 pm I remember that reader story, did not remember the Pacella connection though. Ill have to dig around, i believe i saved the photo of him and his dad with Johnny Apes somewhere.
I don't think that is Monteleone, looks more like Ronnie Jarrett. The guy at the top right is definitely not him. He was an acquaintance of mine from the ONIAC who was not an Outfit guy just someone from the neighborhood.
I’m pretty sure that is a young Johnny Apes is top left with red shirt but I guess I could be wrong
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:49 am
I’m pretty sure that is a young Johnny Apes is top left with red shirt but I guess I could be wrong
Apes was 10 years older than Shorty, which doesn't fit the guy at top left.

I don't think he's Ronnie either, as even at a younger age, Ronnie was heavier set than this guy, and these guys don't tend to lose weight over time.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:00 am
Patrickgold wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:49 am
Apes was 10 years older than Shorty, which doesn't fit the guy at top left.

I don't think he's Ronnie either, as even at a younger age, Ronnie was heavier set than this guy, and these guys don't tend to lose weight over time.
Top right is definitely Monteleone. Obviously, Shorty LaMantia is bottom right.

The guys on the left are Joseph (seating) and William (standing) Pacella, brothers.

https://iaet-chicago.org/iaet-1998-man- ... m-pacella/
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Interesting article in the suntimes. Since the Outlaws are allied with the outfit and one of the shootings was in Berwyn, this could bring the outfit in some how. Article is about a war between the Mongols and Outlaws in Chicago area, who use to be allies

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/11/11 ... -31-lounge
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:21 am Interesting article in the suntimes. Since the Outlaws are allied with the outfit and one of the shootings was in Berwyn, this could bring the outfit in some how. Article is about a war between the Mongols and Outlaws in Chicago area, who use to be allies

Mongols are a Latino biker gang, am I reading that right?
It said...["mostly recruiting younger Latino men"]
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:12 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:21 am Interesting article in the suntimes. Since the Outlaws are allied with the outfit and one of the shootings was in Berwyn, this could bring the outfit in some how. Article is about a war between the Mongols and Outlaws in Chicago area, who use to be allies

Mongols are a Latino biker gang, am I reading that right?
It said...["mostly recruiting younger Latino men"]
For the most part they are Latino even though they were founded by whites and Latinos in the 60s in California. There are still white members but being based out of east LA they will be mostly Latino