Dom Grande gets 6 years 5 months

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Dom Grande gets 6 years 5 months

Post by Amershire_Ed »

And 4 years supervised release. Per Schratwieser. Surrenders to authorities in January.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkePZ2fJryx ... A0NjI3M2I=

Edit: it’s 6 years and 5 months. I’m an idiot and can’t do math.
Last edited by Amershire_Ed on Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Johnny1and1
Straightened out

Re: Dom Grande gets 7.5 years

Post by Johnny1and1 »

"As the court is aware, the parties have recommended an agreed upon sentence of 78
months’ imprisonment in the plea agreement which is slightly below the bottom of the applicable
guideline range of 87 to 108 months. This sentence will deter the defendant from engaging in
further crimes for at least 6.5 years while he is imprisoned, and it will continue to adequately
Case 2:19-cr-00071-RBS Document 540 Filed 10/27/22 Page 7 of 9
protect the public from him once he is released on supervision. The PSR makes clear that the
defendant comes from a loving family that wants to see him succeed. There appears to be a
support network in place that will hopefully foster a crime-free life in the future. A sentence of
imprisonment for 78 months is fair in this case and it satisfies all of the objectives of sentencing."
Vacari Lives!
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

I always thought it was gonna be in the 6-8 range. The talk about the fent is bad (and quite frankly embarrassing), but they never actually got him with any or taking money from someone selling it.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

4 years of supervised release will hurt. Almost certain he gets violated.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

There appears to be a support network in place that will hopefully foster a crime-free life in the future.
:|
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:28 pm
There appears to be a support network in place that will hopefully foster a crime-free life in the future.
Hahahahaha
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:18 pm
Hahahahaha
I got your "support network" right here pal
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:03 pm
PolackTony wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:18 pm
Hahahahaha
I got your "support network" right here pal
He defiantly has quite the “support network”.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Re: Dom Grande gets 6 years 5 months

Post by chin_gigante »

Can't believe they included that with a straight face knowing he's a third generation member also related on his mother's side to the Piccolos, Scarfos, Leonetti, and also now related through marriage to the Mazzones
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

chin_gigante wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:09 pm Can't believe they included that with a straight face knowing he's a third generation member also related on his mother's side to the Piccolos, Scarfos, Leonetti, and also now related through marriage to the Mazzones
It almost sounds like a joke.

They are half-right, in that Cosa Nostra is in fact a support network indeed. God damn is it ever a support network.
Geeleonetti
Honorary Member

Post by Geeleonetti »

6.5 years no problem, giving him 2 months supervised release woulda been violated. His entire family is mafia, how on earth are they gonna decipher that.
DonPeppino386
Straightened out

Post by DonPeppino386 »

Geeleonetti wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:59 pm 6.5 years no problem, giving him 2 months supervised release woulda been violated. His entire family is mafia, how on earth are they gonna decipher that.
Yeah that’s gonna be tough.
A fish with its mouth closed never gets caught.
Johnny1and1
Straightened out

Post by Johnny1and1 »

He would have got 3 years (if concurrent), and 3 years (if concurrent) supervised release on counts 1-5. The conspiracy to distribute added in 2018 added one more year. He got a great deal.

This entire case is a lesson in how the feds work. They have 5 to 7 years (which can be extended), and usually take 2 -3 maximum (which they seem to stick to). In this case August of 2016 through almost April of 2018. That's the building of maximum sentence part. This part gets reported and sensationalized. I believe without looking back the maximums in this case were over 200 years. This is what I mean when I post that what's public and reported isn't accurate in practice. But it is huge leverage, and in my opinion, abused and needs reformed. Notwithstanding what someone might think of the crime(s) or person(s), which in this case I've made no comment about.

The other lesson is in the sentencing. Because of immediate cooperation and early agreement to a plea, one can see the sentencing reductions. The Feds do not like it when you fight.

I read through most of the court filings that interest me, either when they become available, or shortly before. I've concluded some things based on my personal experiences and years of reading through federal court filings. Without going into all of my conclusions, the one major conclusion is the Feds could be doing hundreds of cases, and are selective based on level of crime and potential publicity. Because of mention of unindicted coconspirators and confidential informants. Sometimes these are followed by a description or narrative, and sometimes the geographic area or the operations are different than what the main action is about. Finally you will see years after the case is disposed, defendant's attorneys filing motions to unseal documents as it regards this. Normally very attorney and defendant specific. Based on this you can make assumptions about how concerned someone might be. From this (and other things), not in this specific case, or this famiglia, I can kind of tell who is with who.
Vacari Lives!
HoagieNose
Straightened out

Post by HoagieNose »

So he’s basically out of the loop for a decade
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

In the transcripts, The government’s transcript of the induction ceremony does not identify ML, JL. CS is presumed to be the confidential source recording the ceremony. SM is identified as Steven Mazzone. Do we know who ML and JL are?
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP