Barney

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ivan
Full Patched

Re: Barney

Post by Ivan »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:25 am Hands on with murder is one thing but he's probably had involvement (as far as knowledge of, conspiracy, giving approval) for most murders involving the family over the last 30 years.
The feds had him neck-deep in the Ralph Coppola thing and were very interested in nailing him for that specifically, if memory serves.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Ivan wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:42 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:25 am Hands on with murder is one thing but he's probably had involvement (as far as knowledge of, conspiracy, giving approval) for most murders involving the family over the last 30 years.
The feds had him neck-deep in the Ralph Coppola thing and were very interested in nailing him for that specifically, if memory serves.
Except they didn't and he wasn't.

It's known Barney loved Coppola and would've likely stopped it. And he passed a lie detector test. He was offered a sweat plea literally because they didn't have him neck deep.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:06 pm
Ivan wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:42 pm
Except they didn't and he wasn't.

It's known Barney loved Coppola and would've likely stopped it. And he passed a lie detector test. He was offered a sweat plea literally because they didn't have him neck deep.
Well I guess I heard wrong then!

I completely forgot about that lie detector thing. Didn't they shave his head as part of some kind of drug test?
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

The lie detector thing was for a murder from his his case in the 1990s. It wasn't for the Coppola case which came later.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

outfit guy wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:19 pmIt started with lifting the murder participation requirement and we went down the path of bookmaker only wiseguys talking tough at sitdowns. We're now down to there being so few hitters, they "demote" you; as if no access to money wouldn't be a motivator to talk. Sorry, no one is sweating the Italian mafia. On the East Coast MS13 runs free; on the West Coast, the tax man arrives weekly - Eme.
You keep making these declarations but I'm not sure what you're basing them on. The Mafia really doesn't have a presence on the West Coast. As for the East Coast, there were other groups even at the height of the Mafia's power. What does the existence of MS-13 have to do with anything? Furthermore, the lack of mob murders (including using "shelving" as an alternative) is a pragmatist move to avoid the resulting law enforcement pressure. Not because there's nobody left in the mob who's unable or unwilling to kill. While that can certainly reduce fear on the streets but in today's mob, there isn't the need to have an army of killers or be dropping people left and right.
All roads lead to New York.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:40 am
outfit guy wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:19 pmIt started with lifting the murder participation requirement and we went down the path of bookmaker only wiseguys talking tough at sitdowns. We're now down to there being so few hitters, they "demote" you; as if no access to money wouldn't be a motivator to talk. Sorry, no one is sweating the Italian mafia. On the East Coast MS13 runs free; on the West Coast, the tax man arrives weekly - Eme.
You keep making these declarations but I'm not sure what you're basing them on. The Mafia really doesn't have a presence on the West Coast. As for the East Coast, there were other groups even at the height of the Mafia's power. What does the existence of MS-13 have to do with anything? Furthermore, the lack of mob murders (including using "shelving" as an alternative) is a pragmatist move to avoid the resulting law enforcement pressure. Not because there's nobody left in the mob who's unable or unwilling to kill. While that can certainly reduce fear on the streets but in today's mob, there isn't the need to have an army of killers or be dropping people left and right.
Imo, they don't cross paths much bc the mob has been ingrained in our society for alot longer and are in far more sophisticated rackets. While gang members shoot each other for wearing a wrong colored shirt and their reputation is based almost entirely of violence where a guy in the mob can wear many different hats. I don't think you can compare them
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Wasn't Ralph's car found near an associates house or members house or something like that?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Tonyd621 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:43 amImo, they don't cross paths much bc the mob has been ingrained in our society for alot longer and are in far more sophisticated rackets. While gang members shoot each other for wearing a wrong colored shirt and their reputation is based almost entirely of violence where a guy in the mob can wear many different hats. I don't think you can compare them
To this day that's a key element that differentiates the Mafia from other groups, particularly street gangs. A group like MS-13 operates very much on the margins of society. LCN and MS-13 may both be on Long Island (for example) but they're worlds apart.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:21 am
Amershire_Ed wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:19 amHootie talked about this in his interview with Pennisi a long time ago. He said he got hooked up with a no show job at a construction site and the very first time he went to pick up his check, he saw a Westside captain wearing work boots covered in cement working his ass off. He said that was the first time it clicked for him how serious the Westside was.
That was Ciro Perrone

Makes me think of the …. Bonanno(??) … MADE guy who got killed waiting on the bus to go to work

Smh

Jus to be real for a second…. If I’m a capo in the most powerful mob family…. IM NOT AT A CONSTRUCTION SITE!!!!
Maybe a waiter in little Italy

But not brawling my back
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

I'm guessing the Barney lie detector murder had to do with that prospective member who was marked as a rat when his name was passed around, and ended up being found in the trunk of a car at LGA? DeSimone or DiSimone was the last name; would be cool to get some more info on that one. All we really know is that someone in another family said he was a rat when the names were being passed around and he ended up dead
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

newera_212 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:37 pm I'm guessing the Barney lie detector murder had to do with that prospective member who was marked as a rat when his name was passed around, and ended up being found in the trunk of a car at LGA? DeSimone or DiSimone was the last name; would be cool to get some more info on that one. All we really know is that someone in another family said he was a rat when the names were being passed around and he ended up dead
Ralph DeSimone...Bowat Baratta from the Luccheses brought it to Jimmy Ida's attention when he saw the list of people being proposed...
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:38 pm
Amershire_Ed wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:19 amHootie talked about this in his interview with Pennisi a long time ago. He said he got hooked up with a no show job at a construction site and the very first time he went to pick up his check, he saw a Westside captain wearing work boots covered in cement working his ass off. He said that was the first time it clicked for him how serious the Westside was.
That was Ciro Perrone

Makes me think of the …. Bonanno(??) … MADE guy who got killed waiting on the bus to go to work

Smh

Jus to be real for a second…. If I’m a capo in the most powerful mob family…. IM NOT AT A CONSTRUCTION SITE!!!!

But not brawling my back
Anthony Seccafico wasn't a capo...he was a soldier and one who fucked up several times...
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Browniety86 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:04 pm
That was Ciro Perrone

Smh

But not brawling my back
Anthony Seccafico wasn't a capo...he was a soldier and one who fucked up several times...
Jeremy is referring to Ciro Perrone, not Seccafico. Though Seccafico was a LIUNA Local 79 member and was supposedly headed to work that day when he was shot.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:39 pm
Browniety86 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:04 pm
That was Ciro Perrone

Smh

But not brawling my back
Jeremy is referring to Ciro Perrone, not Seccafico. Though Seccafico was a LIUNA Local 79 member and was supposedly headed to work that day when he was shot.
My bad, I didnt see the most powerful mob family part...he's meaning the story Pennisi told of seeing Perrone on the job site in cement covered workboots?
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

No it was from a story Hootie told to Pennisi and Tom on the Button Man show. Hootie was talking about how he grew up idolizing all the Gambino heavyweights in HB/Ozone Park, and how he always thought the Gambinos were the biggest show in town. He called the Gambino Family under Gotti “Madison Square Garden”. And they asked him when he realized the Westside was actually the top dog, and he told a story about going to pick up a no-show check at a job site and seeing a Genovese heavyweight busting his ass covered in cement. He said he almost felt embarrassed because he was just an associate, and he pulled up to this job site thinking he was hot shit in a new car, new clothes, etc. And there was a captain with the Westside working his ass off. Hootie started asking around and some of the older guys schooled him on how the Westside operates.