Vinny Goregous, Sally Daz, and Mikey Nose

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Vinny Goregous, Sally Daz, and Mikey Nose

Post by Wiseguy »

NYNighthawk wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:15 am It comes down to Vinny Gorgeous basciano has no weight at all anymore. mancuso is a knucklehead and I would not be surprise if an enterprising family - say the Genovese - just come in - swoop them all up and simply say - your'e in our family now! facit accompli!
I would assume the last thing the Genovese would want is merging that train wreck into their own organization.
All roads lead to New York.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

I think train wreck might be to strong of a word for the 3rd largest 100+ year old criminal organization in NYC but you’re exactly right when it comes to merging. Barney to smart for that shit.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Last year it was the Colombos being absorbed and now its the Bonannos. When the Lucchese admin gets indicted it'll be their turn.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

NYNighthawk wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:15 am It comes down to Vinny Gorgeous basciano has no weight at all anymore. mancuso is a knucklehead and I would not be surprise if an enterprising family - say the Genovese - just come in - swoop them all up and simply say - your'e in our family now! facit accompli!
Maybe I’m reading too much into but it feels like his kids don’t have much weight either. He’s got 1, possibly 2 sons with their button. You’d think a guy who took a life sentence on the chin and also has 2 sons as members would hold a little more sway. But you’re right Mancuso seems like he’s a little off his rocker
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

I agree. Vinny is doing life. He will never walk the streets again. Also didn't Vinny order Mancuso's murder at one point?
DonPeppino386
Straightened out

Post by DonPeppino386 »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:22 am
I would assume the last thing the Genovese would want is merging that train wreck into their own organization.
I gotta agree here. I can't see that being anything but disastrous for the Westside to do.
A fish with its mouth closed never gets caught.
DonPeppino386
Straightened out

Post by DonPeppino386 »

Rocco wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:43 am
I agree. Vinny is doing life. He will never walk the streets again. Also didn't Vinny order Mancuso's murder at one point?
That does ring a bell. The book about may have made a reference to that although I cant recall for sure.
A fish with its mouth closed never gets caught.
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:04 pm
aray22 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:01 pm Mancuso was in prison during this time just like Vinny Gorgeous so he was probably also limited with what he could do.
Disagree. Send out the message he's with us you fuck with him, you fucking with the family etc etc.
Give the guy somebody to walk round with, go talk to the son, rattle some cages. Lots of things could've been done. Michael did nothing.
Send a message to who? They had zero idea who he was being targeted by. Say he was being shaken down by another family or something, then yes I'm sure he'd be getting backed up by the Bonannos. But they're not going to provide him full time security like he's the president.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

aray22 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:21 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:04 pm
aray22 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:01 pm Mancuso was in prison during this time just like Vinny Gorgeous so he was probably also limited with what he could do.
Disagree. Send out the message he's with us you fuck with him, you fucking with the family etc etc.
Give the guy somebody to walk round with, go talk to the son, rattle some cages. Lots of things could've been done. Michael did nothing.
Send a message to who? They had zero idea who he was being targeted by. Say he was being shaken down by another family or something, then yes I'm sure he'd be getting backed up by the Bonannos. But they're not going to provide him full time security like he's the president.
Good point. Agree
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:47 am Short of giving Sally Daz round the clock protection which Cosa Nostra is not known to provide to associates what could Mikey Nose even do? Gang members were stalking the guy with tips from his own son. Maybe Mikey did put word out on the street but that word stays within their own circles and doesn’t make it to the corners the Bloods control.
Protection only works when violance coming from within the Families can be stopped. Not if it comes from the outside, especially with a "sneak job" like this.
There you have it, never printed before.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Yeah, the Genovese should just take in the Bonanno family after they were ratting out Genovese gambling operations. Makes sense
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:06 am
johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:47 am Short of giving Sally Daz round the clock protection which Cosa Nostra is not known to provide to associates what could Mikey Nose even do? Gang members were stalking the guy with tips from his own son. Maybe Mikey did put word out on the street but that word stays within their own circles and doesn’t make it to the corners the Bloods control.
Protection only works when violance coming from within the Families can be stopped. Not if it comes from the outside, especially with a "sneak job" like this.
I'm reminded of Frank Cocchiaro's son (later made) getting his ass kicked by a black Muslim at a construction site. The DeCavalcantes met with Carlo Gambino and he advised them not to retaliate as they didn't want to bring more heat / problems as the guy was affiliated with the Muslim Brotherhood or Nation of Islam. They also felt Cocchiaro's son provoked it, if I remember right.

If that happened today there'd be a narrative about how far the mob has fallen, but there are certainly examples of them being selective or strategic about intervening in these types of issues.

Also have to wonder if some of the Bonanno leaders had an idea that this was a lowercase family dispute. The mob has been known to avoid those kinds of issues, i.e. Joe Colombo deciding not to intervene when Charlie LoCicero killed his grandson then was killed by his own son (the kid's father). Even though LoCicero and his son were made members Colombo felt it best not to get directly involved.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Also what about this guy Sally Daz's reputation? People keep talking about how he was a tenured associate and an earner, but Vinnie Basciano was trying to induct all of his favorite guys for a few years there and Daz has never been mentioned as even a candidate.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:40 am I think train wreck might be to strong of a word for the 3rd largest 100+ year old criminal organization in NYC but you’re exactly right when it comes to merging. Barney to smart for that shit.

The Latin kings are much larger than the Bonannos so are the Bloods albeit more violent and feared at this point in time now.
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Extortion wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:19 pm
johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:40 am I think train wreck might be to strong of a word for the 3rd largest 100+ year old criminal organization in NYC but you’re exactly right when it comes to merging. Barney to smart for that shit.

The Latin kings are much larger than the Bonannos so are the Bloods albeit more violent and feared at this point in time now.
3rd largest 100+ year old criminal organization in NYC

Bloods formed in the 70’s and didn’t make it to NYC until the 90’s. The Kings formed in the 50’s and didn’t make it to NY until the 80’s.

Cosa Nostra is close to what? 200 years old?
Comparing those gangs to LCN is a joke imo