Barney Bellomo

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Re: Barney Bellomo

Post by Newyorkempire »

Happens throughout the mob. Canada especially. Spoken intermittently to this day. Prime recent example, Asaro caught on wiretaps
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
Ciro_DiMarzio
Associate

Post by Ciro_DiMarzio »

I'd love to know how bilingual the modern day mob is.

Pennisi speaks Italian. Be interested to know how much 'interaction' is in Italian these days.
[/quote]

Yea I’ve always wondered and been interested in finding that out.

I had no idea Pennisi spoke Italian, did he claim that in one video?

That old story about John Gambino speaking Sicilian with someone in front of Gotti and Gotti freaking out is funny.
Is there any other examples out there of made men getting angry at people speaking Italian in front of them?
Chaps
Straightened out

Post by Chaps »

I believe there was a story about Cesare Bonventre and Vinny Asaro speaking Italian in front of Phil Rastelli during a meeting and others considered it disrespectful.
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

Ciro_DiMarzio wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:07 pm I'd love to know how bilingual the modern day mob is.

Pennisi speaks Italian. Be interested to know how much 'interaction' is in Italian these days.

[/quote]

Pennisi doesn't speak Italian I'm pretty sure him and Tom got asked that question before. He does know some words though but I'm guessing most Italians in New York know plenty of Italian words and phrases.
Ciro_DiMarzio
Associate

Post by Ciro_DiMarzio »

aray22 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:58 pm
Ciro_DiMarzio wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:07 pm I'd love to know how bilingual the modern day mob is.

Pennisi doesn't speak Italian I'm pretty sure him and Tom got asked that question before. He does know some words though but I'm guessing most Italians in New York know plenty of Italian words and phrases.
[/quote]

Yea that’s what I figured but thanks for clarifying
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

[/quote]

Not according to JP.
I asked JP in a comments section this question. He stated he spoke Italian.
He may have lied, but that's what he said.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:00 pm

Not according to JP.
I asked JP in a comments section this question. He stated he spoke Italian.
He may have lied, but that's what he said.
[/quote]

Oh, maybe I misheard it.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

UTC wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:16 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:12 am Cartels more powerful.
Crips Bloods Latin Kings.
Bikie gangs. Hells Angel's have thousands of full patches in the US alone, hundreds more in canada.

Those organizations are national. Some international. GENOVESE exists purely in a few boroughs in NYC.
I'd have to respectfully question some of these. To call Crips and Bloods national is taking a good deal of license, because a number of little groups just use the name. Latin Kings have far less power than they used to, and are virtually unheard of in states where they used to be strong.

What should be mentioned is La Eme.
in my opinion barney bellomo is more powerful than the head of la eme or the head of russian mafia in brighton beach or even bloods and crips if they have any, i don't see so many bosses more powerful than him in the united states; of course the cartels are another question, but how many cartel bosses live in the united states?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

scagghiuni wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:54 amof course the cartels are another question, but how many cartel bosses live in the united states?
None. That was a difference with the top Colombian and Mexican cartel guys. They never had any desire to immigrate to and assimilate in the U.S. Just smuggle drugs in, smuggle cash out, and live like kings in their own countries.
All roads lead to New York.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

I think Barney might be the most powerful within IOC. But outside it, not much imo. Most other ethnic groups don't g*ve shit who are. I don't think a bunch of Albanians or Russians who find a card game with $25k on the table and someone says this is Barneys game and they say ok and walk away. Unlikely imo
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:34 am I think Barney might be the most powerful within IOC. But outside it, not much imo. Most other ethnic groups don't g*ve shit who are. I don't think a bunch of Albanians or Russians who find a card game with $25k on the table and someone says this is Barneys game and they say ok and walk away. Unlikely imo
I mean most powerful in general, compared to other bosses i dont see who could be more powerful among american ones
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:34 am I think Barney might be the most powerful within IOC. But outside it, not much imo. Most other ethnic groups don't g*ve shit who are. I don't think a bunch of Albanians or Russians who find a card game with $25k on the table and someone says this is Barneys game and they say ok and walk away. Unlikely imo
Please. When was the last time any Russian or Albanian group, or any other ethnic group for that matter, crossed the mob in NYC?
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:59 am
Please. When was the last time any Russian or Albanian group, or any other ethnic group for that matter, crossed the mob in NYC?
Didn’t the Albanians try to muscle in on some Bronx Gambino Crews craps games and were dealt with?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Shellackhead wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:10 pmDidn’t the Albanians try to muscle in on some Bronx Gambino Crews craps games and were dealt with?
They muscled in on Greek gambling clubs in Queens under the protection of the the Luccheses as well as another club there the Gambinos had recently opened. That's what led to the gas station confrontation in New Jersey where the Albanians ultimately backed down. Joaquin Garcia said the Albanians realized they had pushed things as far as they could go. A retired FBI agent said the Luccheses were planning on killing Rudaj and Colotti when the Albanians were taken down in the 2004 indictment. Of course, that group was an outlier, going on 20 years ago now, and was really hyped by the press (like it does with whoever the latest OC group is). Since then, it's been Albanians simply doing their own thing or working with or for the Mafia.
Teflon Dom
Straightened out

Post by Teflon Dom »

Chaps wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:50 pm I believe there was a story about Cesare Bonventre and Vinny Asaro speaking Italian in front of Phil Rastelli during a meeting and others considered it disrespectful.
Shouldnt it be considered disrespectful to not speak Italian in the Italian mob? lol